Energon Rodimus Prime

Prowlus

Compared to the other figures in the Energon Line this one's a thing of beauty (and that's not saying much).

Cough....megazord prime.

I feel the same way. So far this is the best looking one to me and that is not saying much. :lol:

it just reaks of lazy engineering....... <_<

I am pretty excited about the Energon Line. It is the one series that I KNOW that I won't be enticed to spend money on. Thanks Hasbro.

I agree. I haven't seen anything from Energon yet that I would spend my money on. In fact, I totally passed on Armada because I think all the toys sucked. Well, Unicron looks like a likely purchase, but that will probably be the only Armada toy I'll get.

It's cool that Takara still thinks about the older TF fans with regards to the reissues and the upcoming Alternators and Prime toy. Those are definitely worth looking out for. The other lines are just too kid-oriented for my tastes. I did pick up some of the RID stuff like Prime, Omega Supreme, and some of the the other cars because they reminded me of the G1 days, and I thought they were designed well.

As for Energon, I don't think its intended for pseudo adults, like you said that would be the reissues and Alternators. As long as they don't make any more Alternators variants like the 7 and 8 Smokescreen, I should be OK.

As for Armada, I am interested in picking up the Overload repaint as Ultra Magnus, that one looks pretty cool. Other than that, everything is a repaint, how many different color Primes, Mega/Galvatron's, and Jetfires do you need?

It's almost cool, but the tiny torso and huge limbs give him that huggably goofy Playskool look, and I don't think Rodimus is supposed to be huggably goofy. On the other hand, at least it's not as much of an abomination as this thing:

http://members.roadfly.com/gibbon/Landmine+RM.jpg

http://members.roadfly.com/gibbon/Landmine+VM.jpg

:huh: <_< :blink::rolleyes:

Edited by eriku

I thought Hot Rod was supposed to be a car, did he change to a truck when he became Rodimus?

At the end of the movie Hot Rod DID increase in size and stature. B)

....but it's still his fault Optimus Prime died. :angry:

I thought Hot Rod was supposed to be a car, did he change to a truck when he became Rodimus?

At the end of the movie Hot Rod DID increase in size and stature. B)

....but it's still his fault Optimus Prime died. :angry:

I thought he just grew into a larger version of himself and added a trailer. But man.....what have they done to one of my favourite autobots? :(

Edited by kensei

Yeah, cause stuff like the 20th Anniv. Prime, and Alternators Smokescreen and Sideswipe are sooooooo crappy.

Oh wait, they're not.

Dunno about Smokescreen or Sideswipe, but the Prime IS awesome... Other than that TF products are barf-o-rama. icon8.gif

I am pretty excited about the Energon Line. It is the one series that I KNOW that I won't be enticed to spend money on. Thanks Hasbro.

I agree. I haven't seen anything from Energon yet that I would spend my money on. In fact, I totally passed on Armada because I think all the toys sucked. Well, Unicron looks like a likely purchase, but that will probably be the only Armada toy I'll get.

It's cool that Takara still thinks about the older TF fans with regards to the reissues and the upcoming Alternators and Prime toy. Those are definitely worth looking out for. The other lines are just too kid-oriented for my tastes. I did pick up some of the RID stuff like Prime, Omega Supreme, and some of the the other cars because they reminded me of the G1 days, and I thought they were designed well.

Omega Supreme??? whenw here?

also unicron sucked.