My Very First 1/48

misterryno

Ah yes, he finally arrived yesterday and unfortunately I only had the time to take this many pics...This is my VERY FIRST 1/48 and Super/Strike Parts....I CANNOT wait to get time to customize his and take a gallery worth to put into "strike a pose". Even though many of you either own this guy or have had or have seen him before, please enjoy the pics. Not the greatest I know but little time I had :( . I ordered him from laftoys.com and they did an AWESOME job on packaging him.

S6300001-3.jpg

S6300003-3.jpg

S6300005-1.jpg

S6300007-1.jpg

S6300008.jpg

S6300009-1.jpg

S6300010-1.jpg

S6300011-1.jpg

S6300012-1.jpg

S6300013.jpg

:ph34r: MisterRyno :ph34r:

Ok, for me it's GREAT - I love the pictures!!!

Simply because looking at them makes me feel as if it would be my first valk (which should arrive by next week ^^)

But I will have to wait for my Fast Packs and stands a little bit longer :'(

Edited by Lukas

Ok, for me it's GREAT - I love the pictures!!!

Simply because looking at them makes me feel as if it would be my first valk (which should arrive by next week ^^)

But I will have to wait for my Fast Packs and stands a little bit longer :'(

Try not to wait too long on those FASTPACKS 'coz they're getting harder to find at reasonable prices. Unless YAMATO's thinking of doing another re-release, then you can just ignore what I just wrote !

Edited by connor99

It's not like I'm waiting to order them or something... I've of course already ordered them at hlj.com together with my valk, but they aren't in stock right now (backordered). Same with the stands ^^

But thanks for the advice! ^^ Or maybe someone has another good online store which ships to Europe and have them in stock?

Edited by Lukas

Awe man, awesome! That brings back memories of unleashing my 1/48 VF-1A Max from its packaging. :D Awesome valk choice. And congratulations!

Thanks alot....I am all too happy with this purchase.....As I said before and I will say again....I CANNOT WAIT to do some work on him to make him all my own and get a gallery of pics up for him!!! I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Ahhhh... brings me back to that first time it took me 30 minutes and 3 heart attacks to transform my first 1/48 ^_^

I haven't even had the chance to TF him yet. But probably tonight.....YAY!!!!!

Ahhhh... brings me back to that first time it took me 30 minutes and 3 heart attacks to transform my first 1/48 ^_^

haha, no kidding. the first time I heard that snapping sound when you take leg off that rear calf peg, I just about died. I thought I had missed a step like" depress release tab for calf peg" and had just busted my brand new toy.

Edited by eugimon

haha, no kidding. the first time I heard that snapping sound when you take leg off that rear calf peg, I just about died. I thought I had missed a step like" depress release tab for calf peg" and had just busted my brand new toy.

Hey guys.....I am actually SUPER WORRIED about breaking something when I do TF this guy tonight...is there ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, that I should know NOT TO DO or TO DO so that I do not break him. I would have hate to have wasted the $.

Hey guys.....I am actually SUPER WORRIED about breaking something when I do TF this guy tonight...is there ANYTHING, ANYTHING AT ALL, that I should know NOT TO DO or TO DO so that I do not break him. I would have hate to have wasted the $.

Just watch the videos on this page and you'll be fine (the videos are near the bottom of the page)

The only part I wasn't aware of on mine (not clear on the instructions as I skimmed through them) is that the panel that the backpack rests on has to be pushed inside in batroid mode, further down than it was positioned in fighter mode. Unless you do that (it's preceded by a very audible CLICK) the backpack sort of hangs and it's quite risky to install the fastpacks in that state.

Watch the transformation videos, don't force anything (particularly the backpack), be careful of the head laser especially while transformation to battroid, and remember that the heatshield can pop out of its rail (but you can put it back in).

I wrote a step by step transformation for you, but my account logged out when I tried to post it and the computer ate it (and for some reason it didn't copy when I selected the whole thing and hit ctrl-c). It's more complicated to transform than the old 1/55 chunky-monkey, but you'll learn it pretty fast! ;) It's a pretty solid design.

Watch the transformation videos, don't force anything (particularly the backpack), be careful of the head laser especially while transformation to battroid, and remember that the heatshield can pop out of its rail (but you can put it back in).

I wrote a step by step transformation for you, but my account logged out when I tried to post it and the computer ate it (and for some reason it didn't copy when I selected the whole thing and hit ctrl-c). It's more complicated to transform than the old 1/55 chunky-monkey, but you'll learn it pretty fast! ;) It's a pretty solid design.

Right on..............thanks for writing out the instructions, I am very sorry that you took the time only for the comp. to be a piece.....I hate it when that happens. I will be watching the vid and TFing at the same time tonight I am sure.

I transformed my first (and only) 1/48 once, then took it totally apart to do some tweaking--namely sanding down lots of parts in the backpack joints, so that it transforms smoothly and stress-free. Also a few paint apps. And using CA to make reinforcing fillets. Seeing all the stress marks from just one careful transformation will freak you out. (Though on any non-white valk like my Milia, stress marks stand out 10x more)

Thanks alot....I am all too happy with this purchase.....As I said before and I will say again....I CANNOT WAIT to do some work on him to make him all my own and get a gallery of pics up for him!!! I am SOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

I know how you feel, bro...I've only had my Hikaru 1J for a couple of weeks and I still can't get over how freaking awesome the 1/48's are!

Congrats and may you have many more in your collection!! :)

-Kyp

Deimos,

Those FP's are BAD A**!!! How prey tell do I get those?

Oh yes.....Also to All......Be on the look out for my newest item. I just received my very 1st 1/55...soooooooo sweeeeet!!!

It's strange, all these newbies buying their first valks, makes me want to buy another....

Last night i looked at an Angel Bird and a Kakizaki that were on special. :p So tempting but i don't need them!

Nora will come soon, wait, wait wait... Hows Yamato and NBM's 2 seater deal going?? Those i would buy ins a snap.