MACROSSWORLD SHOPATHON HONG KONG 2004

Toonz

ok guys/gals (especially to those who are going to HK), as promised, these are the proposed design for MACROSSWORLD SHOPATHON HONG KONG 2004 t-shirt.

all designs are presented on 3 colored long sleeve shirt, white, black and dark blue.

the first 2 rows show the front with either a skull or a macross logo.

then you'll see design 1, 2 and 3 for the back on different color scheme to match the shirt.

oki, have fun looking. comments welcomed :D

~got to sleep now......~ :ph34r:

post-4-1066424461_thumb.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Man!!!! That's a SUPERB JOB DESIGN!!!!!

I love them all....especially the second from the bottom design got my vote! :lol:

:p

I will get 2 of each color! They are FABULOUS!!!!

You deserve a great sleep with the Macross Gals....(hope your "other half" didn't see this!) :p

Guys, please vote, I want to get this shirts ASAP!!!! People who wear these shirts while in HK will get 50% discount from yamato toys (yeah, right! Wishful thinking!)

Paulo

Wow, Toonz! Fantastic designs.. I have to think about which one I like best! They are all great! It's REALLY hard to choose, but I think I like the 3rd from the bottom (Design #1) in a collared navy. I kinda like the skull & crossbones for the front.

BIG applause from me! :)

Edited by Guppy

Hi Toonz,

Very beautiful and nice designs. Would you consider a gerwalk in place of the GPB or a VF-1S Strike in battroid mode? My suggestion is that the front of the Polo Tshirt or Round neck Tshirt having a small UNSpacy Logo or a Skull Logo should be accompanied by a MacrossWorld Shopathon 2004 wording in white, followed by the main design on the back, i guess thats the way most T shirts are designed like Ripcurl Billabong and Quiksilver, Stussy and so on. Guys whats your view on this? Do suggest.

Any ways great job Toonz

Cheers

Edited by recon

Design 1 gets my vote

design 2, the Hong Kong fonts are a little too big

makes it look like a Hong Kong tourism shirt

:)

great job

well appreciated from this ace

LOL! Well we WILL be a bunch of tourists! ;)

Design 1 looks like it might be the winner! I would prefer the design on the back.

izzyfcuk - I don't think it's just for the HK crew.. the only problem would be distribution.

:D

Okay, we got our shirt design almost ready...

Now how about we also make a baseball cap with the "kite" logo on it? How about it guys?

Paulo

Nice, designs.

I think for the front I prefer the black polo w/UN Spacy emblem (top row, middle pic).

For the back, probably the design in the middle of the bottom row. Although I think the orther back designs with the extra stripes look better, they might increase the cost a bit.

Toonz, I'm gonna need the artwork really big and clear for my friend with the garment factory to see so he can give me a quote.

Graham

ok. i'll send the file in Freehand format tonight :D

do you need the other two color schemes with white and blue shirt as well?

Err...not familiar with Freehand. is it something I can view using Photo Deluxe?

Graham

i think photodeluxe will only allow you to see .jpg, .tif or .eps files.

freehand will give you vector images that will remain sharp no matter how you enlarge or distord it. moreover, the file is small.

hmm...maybe you may want to also check with your friend to see if he has freehand software?

Graham?!

Any news on the quotation of the shirts?

I was also thinking, please bear with me, maybe the extra shirts we have, we could sell them on the Macross World Forums or Ebay?, and whatever little profit there is, could go as "donations" to Shawn to "maintain" the server for this great site!

What you and the rest think?

Paulo

thank you so much guys :D

i'm glad you all like it :)

oh by the way, who are the MWers going again?

now we will need graham's word on this as i need to send the artwork to him for the final production

hmmm....will i get it for free? :lol:

Sorry guys I had been really buisy!

I will update the HK Shopathon members list ASAP.

Graham?!

I was also thinking, please bear with me, maybe the extra shirts we have, we could sell them on the Macross World Forums or Ebay?, and whatever little profit there is, could go as "donations" to Shawn to "maintain" the server for this great site!

Paulo

Nah!

We better use the money to pay some of the drinks we will get in the Shopathon.

We will need all our founds!!

Graham?!

Paulo

Nah!

We better use the money to pay some of the drinks we will get in the Shopathon.

We will need all our founds!!

Wait I thought the booze was cheap in HK, and the expensive things were the girls and Macross Toys?

Anyway, just make sure we can get back to hotel in one piece after drinking so much! After all, you don't want to wake up the next day and wonder how come instead of Macross toys laying by your side in the bed, you got er, another "toy" (use imagination here guys)!

Anyway, life goes on!

Paulo

I work for a shirt printing company and the first this that would concern me is will the striped be printed correctly due to the size. most printers can print a 14" X 17" due to screen size. It also depends on if the shirts are manual printed or run on automatic. Manual printed shirts do not come out as clean and perfact like an automatic printer. Also make sure they do not put thinner in the inks... these will cause the inks to wash out sooner. This causes the inks not to cure as well as they should. Some times printers put thinner in the inks do to the fact that the ink is so hard to push across the screen. You can also add dot patterns to some of the mech to add another color effect. giving the mecha aa 3 aged affect. hope these come out they are great designs.

one other thing. When you send that artwork to the printshop make sure everything is in vector... such as wording created outlines or how ever it is in freehand. So that when they pull it up it will not loose integrity if they dont have the same font. Also good to send a comp pic like saved as a jpg along with the vector artwork. That way the printer can make sure everything looks the same as the way it was intended. Great work by the way. you should put that artwork in your portfolio.

thanks st7maveric :D

the working files are 100% vector and all types have been converted to paths. EPS file format are also provided just in case .fh9 file cannot be read :D

i hope to see the tshirt soon...

i can't join the group to HK, but i hope to get the shirt :rolleyes: