Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

I know this sounds stupid from a toy collectors point of view, but one single fighter model is fine by me. The fact that even the heroes flew "normal"production jets is what makes Macross stand out from other shows.

agreed. i was also hoping for one type, esp because they're using the #25 to commemorate the anniversary with the main valk. i definitely hope the VF-25 doesn't end up in the role of VF-11 in Macross 7, that was just ridiculous.

went to mitsuwa on my lunch break, but could not find a newtype magazine.:( otherwise i would translate it for you guys...

Thanks

In this pic, there is a S, so I think 雪露 is Shery

070819mf01.jpg

Sure, maybe it is Sheruru, wait Official Name

hehehe

^^

So this pic of "Sheruru" or whatever her proper name is, the blonde chick in the background is that other character

shown in the first new pic that was posted on pg.43?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

agreed. i was also hoping for one type, esp because they're using the #25 to commemorate the anniversary with the main valk. i definitely hope the VF-25 doesn't end up in the role of VF-11 in Macross 7, that was just ridiculous.

went to mitsuwa on my lunch break, but could not find a newtype magazine.:( otherwise i would translate it for you guys...

Yeah i'm with yas, one type of fighter, with FP's and ARMOUR! mu ua haha haha

The DYRL Hikaru paint scheme is a nice nod, but I'm otherwise unimpressed with the design of the VF-25, maybe when we see clearer pics of it I'll change my mind.

They could go one step further and re-comission the Skull Squadron... B))

I doubt it. If that is the fighter to be featured in the show, then it could center around a squadron like SDFM did...

Mac 7 was all about the merchandise- music and toys hence the Gundam-esque number of different fighters featured.

This one may be more dramatic (if they truly wish to recapture the essence of SDFM) focusing more on the characters and their situation as opposed to valks with faces, boobs, lightning bolt paint jobs and a self important singer with piloting abilities rivaling that of the ace Max Jenius :rolleyes: ....

blue long hair.. all saotome aruto has to do is put on glasses and he's basically max.

Actually, every Macross sequel since the original SDFM/DYRL show has had more than one Valkyrie design. I suppose it's possible the VF-25 is the only Valkyrie in the show, but I really doubt it.

i just hope that the VF-25 stays as the main character's valk till the end of the show, rather than him upgrading to a super stealth VF-28X++ near the end of the series. that would be very corny and gundam-like.

Edited by cyde01

Actually, every Macross sequel since the original SDFM/DYRL show has had more than one Valkyrie design. I suppose it's possible the VF-25 is the only Valkyrie in the show, but I really doubt it.

Right, and the paint schemes are bound to change. In one of the first Newtypes to feature Macross 7, they showed a comparison of the VF-1J and the VF-17D. It looked like the 17 was going to be the main fighter... and it was all black with white detailing and an inverted color UN Spacy logo.

newtype_1094a2.jpg

Right, and the paint schemes are bound to change. In one of the first Newtypes to feature Macross 7, they showed a comparison of the VF-1J and the VF-17D. It looked like the 17 was going to be the main fighter... and it was all black with white detailing and an inverted color UN Spacy logo.

[/img]

yes but the VF-25 has the #25 commemorating the 25th anniversary, so surely it has to be the main fighter of the show? ah well, it's all speculation at this point. can't wait to read the article on the 10th!!

Atleast they have got a manly scruffy beared bloke! Whats his name then? Roy's spirit will be back! (hopes)

that's ozma lee, greenhaired girl's older brother. presumably one of aruto's instructors at the valk pilot academy. he's gotta sweet looking pilot suit on with yellow accents. and the smaller pic of the VF-25 with all 3 modes looks like it has a Roy paint scheme, so it looks like you're right.

Edited by cyde01

that's ozma lee, greenhaired girl's older brother. presumably one of aruto's instructors at the valk pilot academy. he's gotta sweet looking pilot suit on with yellow accents. and the smaller pic of the VF-25 with all 3 modes looks like it has a Roy paint scheme, so it looks like you're right.

I hope we are right! We have already seen Hikky's scheme. Oh man good exciting times. :D

I'm liking the little bit of that flight helmet Ozma is holding. Much more like M0 than the M7 helmets from the bit that's shown.

The VF-25 in dark grey and orange is interesting. That battroid mode really reminds me of the SV-51 and the YF-19, as does the uber long nose (51 style). Man, I can't wait to see the VF-25 in action. :) Here's to hoping they won't be treated like M7 VF-11s.

Weird. I was under the impression the white striped version was the default color scheme and the blue striped variants were diamond force nightmares. That's what I used for the VF-17D Nightmare profile on my website.

Weird. I was under the impression the white striped version was the default color scheme and the blue striped variants were diamond force nightmares. That's what I used for the VF-17D Nightmare profile on my website.

Hmm... good point. Although the one used in VF-X2 also has blue stripes if I remember correctly, which makes sense considering it's a stealth fighter. Then again, the VF-1S has YELLOW stripes :blink: Nice website by the way! ^_^

Regarding the VF-25, I'm curious to know which will be the "surname" (you know, VF-11 Thunderbolt, VF-17 Nightmare...)

I doubt it too.

However I suspect it may be the main character's fighter, like the VF-19Kai was Basara's throughout Mac 7.

There may be other squadrons, with different role specific fighters, that may be seen but not necessarily featured ala Emerald force (which was a flight, not a squadron)..

Though if they are taking a year before releasing the show, it makes me wonder if it'll be a multi-seasonal show like M7.... Considering it would take longer to render out battle scenes it would make sense to have a full season in the can so you have plenty of time to produce the second season.

GGemini

Nope, the VF-17D VF-X Ravens from the second VF-X video game has purple highlights.

You haven't seen my website until now? Where ya been all year? :)

I doubt it too.

However I suspect it may be the main character's fighter, like the VF-19Kai was Basara's throughout Mac 7.

There may be other squadrons, with different role specific fighters, that may be seen but not necessarily featured ala Emerald force (which was a flight, not a squadron)..

We know for sure there will be different Valkyrie color schemes. Not only is that a staple of Macross, but the two pictures of the VF-25 so far show different color schemes. Love that VF-25 Hikaru scheme :):wub:

I'm not sure how the VF-25 will feature, but a main character valkyrie is a good guess. I can't imagine there will be a lot of Valkyries in this new Macross show. I really can't see the creators using a lot of Valkyries from earlier shows, like Macross 7 did with Macross Plus mecha. Given the long time period between the mid 2040's and the 2070's where MF is set (gotta love THAT acronym) I can't imagine will see that many old Valkyries. I suspect that since they have to build CG models for all the vehicles, they'd just design a new valkyrie rather than build a CG model for an old one.

More information from Anime News Network

AnimeNewsNetwork

Interesting story info. I like the VF-25 and I am warming up to the pilot school idea.

OH CRAP!!! :blink: Kazutaka Miyatake isn't listed in the article as a design contributor!! That'll be something of a first.

This whole pilot school junk (school based anime stinks for the most part), imo, feels like shades of Macross: Trash, M+, M7, AND CLAMP's recent anime all mashed together. I seriously hope that they plan on bringing the Anti-UN group back into the fold as the opponent.

I seriously hope that they plan on bringing the Anti-UN group back into the fold as the opponent.

R u being serious? Even if there had been some kind of Anti-UN remnant group surviving after the unification wars, I seriously doubt they would have survived the Zentradi bombardment of Space War I. Or r u referring to the terrorist group from the VFX-2 game?

More information from Anime News Network

AnimeNewsNetwork

Interesting story info. I like the VF-25 and I am warming up to the pilot school idea.

How do u like the VF-25? AFAIK what i see is still just design sketches. And did it mention anywhere about pilot school?

I feel kinda sad that Macross watchers are treated like space travellers, in the sense that we are travelling in space so much and everytime a new Macross series comes out, a few decades have passed on earth (except Macross Zero). We won't be seeing the old characters much (even if they are alive I reckon) and the tie-ins to previous macross will be hard to produce. Sigh.

...Kawamori will oversee the project and design the main variable fighters...

noticed it's in plural

I'm sure there might be at least a couple more fighters and destroids

mmm...story seems interesting to me, typical anime, two people casually meet each other right before a catastrophe strikes

what I really want to know is what's this new 'powerful' enemy and why does it attack the fleet!?