Did you got (1)Yamatoed or are you too (2)Yamatotionalized to care?

Beware of Blast

Did you got (1)Yamatoed or are you too (2)Yamatotionalized to care?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose one

• I got Yamatoed
    • I'm too Yamatotionalized

Well, choice one is you can't get over the fact that Yamato has gotten crappier with each current released, so having gotten "yamatoed" before, you're either extremely careful, making damn sure you're ONLY buying the 50th version of the same previously released VF (that they had screwed up either hugely or the they had minor hiccups - again and again).

Or, choice 2, you are such a huge fan, perfect or not, yamatoed or not, you're still getting Yamato's future releases even though they have not learned a damn thing from their past mistakes - because they are the only guys on the block, they draw the most beautiful CAD, so with the CAD they get the world most beautiful sculpts, blah blah blah... - in other words, you're so deep in you're Yamatotionalized.

Which is you? ^_^

Edited by Beware of Blast

hahaha... i like your term, "Yamatoed"... :lol:

i hope some big company will take over Macross products from Yamato or Buy over Yamato...

maybe if that happens, we can see perfect transformation, good QC and more die casts...

This Babes deserves more than plastic.... :ph34r:

I'm at the brink of voting after seeing the busted YF-19 shoulder in this thread:

YF-19 Shoulder

I've read the word "troll" used in a previous post in this thread, but I will say I'm finding it easier to relate to those who are (hyper)critical of Yamato's Macross offerings.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I'm at the brink of voting after seeing the busted YF-19 shoulder in this thread:

YF-19 Shoulder

I've read the word "troll" used in a previous post in this thread, but I will say I'm finding it easier to relate to those who are (hyper)critical of Yamato's Macross offerings.

One incident doesn't make for a QC issue.

One incident doesn't make for a QC issue.

True, but it doesn't look well considering the VF-0 problems. Also, look at how this thing broke -- not really easy to say "owner error" like in the case of a busted BP8 (IMO).

I'll refrain from thinking the sky is falling until more arm break reports start coming in.

The sky has been falling and the end has been coming for some time now; reports of toy breakages across the world are but one sign. ^_^

Edited by Wicked Ace

The sky has been falling and the end has been coming for some time now, toy breakages are but one sign. ^_^

I thought the signs were dogs and cats living together and the dead rising from their graves? ^_^

Alright I'll bite and who knows, if we can manage a civil conversation perhaps we can finally put this whole topic behind us.

I am most definitely choice 2. I've bought the first release of several Yamato offerings and will probably do so again. Honestly the minor QC issues aren't that big deal to me. Macross is not my life, so if my purchase is less than perfect I don't sweat it and definitely don't let it detract from the overall enjoyment. Sure it would be nice to not worry about getting the short end of the yamato QC stick, but then again it's only a toy for goodness sake.

If we start using the word yamato more frequently, I guess I can develop a yamato concise dictionary. hahaha! :lol:

1) Yamatoed

2) Yamatotionalized

Feel free to add more terms with the meaning attached to it. If we get enough terms, then maybe we can send it to Yamato HQ. :p

hahaha! B))

Send it to Yamato HQ if you like. I'm not gonna do anything that will benefit them. Speaking of dictionary, go to urbandictionary.com to read all about Yamato's concise exploits. All the Yamato related definations in my sig are explained in length there. Oh, don't go there expecting to read quality writing - you can't give quality if you don't get some B)) .

I've been yamato'ed but one look at SV-51 and it is hard not to be yamatotionalized.

Surely, it is Yamicidal to buy more VF-0 now, knowing the shoulder problems have yet been fixed but but there is always hope with Version X issue.

When enough people confirm new Yammies are trouble free, I am happy to bag them home again.

I refuse to vote. this kind of conversation has been played out in every Yamato thread on the board. Can't we find a new debate?

Where's the choice for:

"I've never really had a problem with my Yamato toys and I think some people on this forum are a bit over-emotional and may need to seek counseling regarding their sense of betrayal by a toy company."