gundam and other anime questions

Just needing some feedback on the following shows:

Gundam: I hear that SD Gundam Force is garbage but my library has Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed too. I hear those 2 are good. I know nothing of the Gundam show so was wondering if it is important to watch them in a particular order....

Cromartie High School. Anyone seen it? Should I watch it?

The good (worth watching...I believe they are in order):

MS Igloo

Gundam 0079 Apocolips (I think this is the name but its the continuation of Igloo)

Zeta Gundam

Double Zeta Gundam

Char's Counterattack

Gundam X

Turn A Gundam

The above are in order...I think.

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed Destiny

Gundam Seed Stargazer

Turn A gundam

The Bad:

Gundam Wing

The one with Crossbone gundam

Victory Gundam

Most of the games are fun if you can get for cheap. I've played almost all of the one's for PS2 and PSP. All of the PSP ones are good and all but a couple of one's for the PS2 are good. The last couple released under the seed title are especially fun if you like arcade style games. You can play these in the arcades in Japan.

I always recommend Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket, even to people not interested in Gundam or mecha anime. The quality of this story transcends the franchise and even the genre, IMO.

Gundam 0083, Char's Counterattack, and the 08th MS Team are all fairly good. If I had to say which Gundam is good or the best, I'd list those above all the other Gundam I've seen.

I can confirm that Gundam Wing is utter trash. I actually watched all 49 episodes of that series, including the OVA and movie. Some of the worst anime I've ever seen, don't even ask me why I stuck with all of it through to the bitter end. Come to think of it, my commitment may have been influenced by a song the brilliant Ko Otani contributed, but I admit that's a really weak excuse :)

Though I've only seen a portion of episodes out of the total, I can also honestly say Mobile Fighter G Gundam confidently competes with Gundam Wing for worst Gundam anime series. If the complete cast of racial stereotyped characters doesn't turn you off, the utterly horrible mecha design and over-the-top story should be enough to sour any taste you may have had.

Hope that helps.

Why must I be reminded of G Gundam. :angry::angry: The only thing worse than it might have been the Gundam live action movie. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

BTW if your into the games they are all reasonably fun...if you like the anime. If you're not a fan of the anime very few of them stand up as great examples of mech combat

Some of the better one's are:

Gundam Seed, Rengou vs. zaft 2

One year war

and there's one more that's really good but the name is escaping me.

Zeonic front is interesting in that its so different than the rest...I like to think of it as Rainbow 6 using Zakus.

Some of the early games like journey to Jabrau are a bit dated now that the newer one's came out and were better.

There is also one for the Saga Dreamcast that was pretty good story wise. The controls weren't great but the game was decent.

Now see, I hated 0080, but loved G, so there!

SEED is a pretty harmless place to start, if that's what your library has, I'd check it out (pun intended). Though if they had the original 0079 movies, that'd be the best place to start.

As for Cromartie, go for it.

Just watch all the UC universe storyline.

Or do wing, X, seed, etc first because they can be watched without any knowledge of previous shows.

If you want to watch all of UC you need to follow the timeline from shows that were out from decades ago. (so that means you can't watch zeta or anything later than 0079 without spoiling the story)

Wing is a show you watch if you like sports model gundam. Where the pilots have suped up versions of robots that the mass production zombie robots can't defeat by themselves and which pretty much become as useless as the macross "cannon fodder" valks you see in SDF: macross. :D

Wing is good if you can't stand the goofy 70s mecha design or characters.

It's not as influenced by star wars which go into space a lot, can't lock onto anything due to primitive weapons, (so fights must take place at close range) and focus on people with psychic abilities.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Just watch all the UC universe storyline.

Or do wing, X, seed, etc first because they can be watched without any knowledge of previous shows.

If you want to watch all of UC you need to follow the timeline from shows that were out from decades ago. (so that means you can't watch zeta or anything later than 0079 without spoiling the story)

Wing is a show you watch if you like sports model gundam. Where the pilots have suped up versions of robots that the mass production zombie robots can't defeat by themselves and which pretty much become as useless as the macross "cannon fodder" valks you see in SDF: macross. :D

Wing is good if you can't stand the goofy 70s mecha design or characters.

It's not as influenced by star wars which go into space a lot, can't lock onto anything due to primitive weapons, (so fights must take place at close range) and focus on people with psychic abilities.

Weren't there some referrences to the one-year war in Gundam X? In particular the soldiers raiding the city.

I forgot to mention that you can get buy with the gundam movie trilogy rather than watching 0079 in its entirety. You miss some of the battles and some of the odder mobile suits but it'll get you by.

Also if you like rpg's the PS2 game MS Saga or MS Dawn (Jap and Eng respectively) isn't too bad. I never finished but did enjoy the first 100 or so hours of gameplay. Additionally you can create some pretty fun suits by mixing and matching parts.

Think of Gundam Wing and G gundam as a gundam series to attract little kids and girls. There is als the SD gundam shows that I haven't watched. I tried watching one but it was rediculously stupid.

I'll probably give victory another shot but the first 10-15 episodes were really boring. So I quit last time.

Last, if you want to skip around you might want to look up a plot synopsis of some of the poorer series rather than watching them.

My favourite shows in order :

1- MS Zeta Gundam.

2- MSG 0079 [movie trilogy].

3- Victory Gundam.

4- 08th ms team.

5- Igloo.

6- CCA

7- MSG 0080

8- 0083

9- F91

10- ZZ

I not seen any Alternative universe shows except for Turn A which i would recommend.

Edited by kung flu