The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

FYI, I just sent out a bunch of friend requests to everyone on the list that I didn't have already :)

SARGE051

----

Anyone play Marvel Ultimate Alliance or Forza Motorsport?

I think it's the free pack-in game that comes with one of the newer systems. I was at GS when the MS rep stopped by passing out copies to employees and he tossed me a copy. Was wondering if I should even bother trying it or just give it away to someone at Xmas time.

I haven't played a fighting game since DOA2 came out on PS2. Racing game?? Super Sprint in the arcades? :blink: yeah, I'm old!

FYI, I just sent out a bunch of friend requests to everyone on the list that I didn't have already :)

SARGE051

----

I think it's the free pack-in game that comes with one of the newer systems. I was at GS when the MS rep stopped by passing out copies to employees and he tossed me a copy. Was wondering if I should even bother trying it or just give it away to someone at Xmas time.

I haven't played a fighting game since DOA2 came out on PS2. Racing game?? Super Sprint in the arcades? :blink: yeah, I'm old!

Whether you like Forza or not depends on how much realism you like in your racing games. Personally, I like Forza better than Gran Turismo, but if you hated Gran Turismo, you probably won't like Forza.

Ultimate Alliance is a blast. It's like a brawler with some RPG elements. If you've ever played X-Men Legends, you know what to expect.

Whether you like Forza or not depends on how much realism you like in your racing games. Personally, I like Forza better than Gran Turismo, but if you hated Gran Turismo, you probably won't like Forza.

I haven't played Forza 2 yet, but I liked the original Forza more than any Gran Turismo game. Gran Turismo is pretty and has a poo ton of cars, but it really isn't any fun to play.

I bought Project Gotham Racing 4 on a whim, even though I'd kind of dismissed the whole PGR series after playing Metropolis Street Racer and HATING it. I've gotta say PGR4 is really fun, an arcade game without being too arcadey and the motorcycles are a blast to drive.

SARGE051

----

Just got your friend request. Keep me in mind when you play Marvel. The only other game I play regularly at the moment is Gears.

I haven't played Forza 2 yet, but I liked the original Forza more than any Gran Turismo game. Gran Turismo is pretty and has a poo ton of cars, but it really isn't any fun to play.

I bought Project Gotham Racing 4 on a whim, even though I'd kind of dismissed the whole PGR series after playing Metropolis Street Racer and HATING it. I've gotta say PGR4 is really fun, an arcade game without being too arcadey and the motorcycles are a blast to drive.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel about Forza/Gran Turismo. Both games have an amazing attention to realism, but Forza is just more fun. Maybe because when you do an event, you actually win a decent car instead of a mid 80's Corolla.

And I agree on PRG, too. I played the first PGR on the Xbox, and I couldn't stand it, but I borrowed PRG3 from a friend when the 360 launched and thought it was kind of fun. You even got an Achievement for collecting all the Lamborghinis.

Just played the PGR4 demo after a AC6 session (got 2 more achievements) and I really, really sucked----far worse than I've ever done in any driving game. I thought PGR3 was OK, but 4 just seems to handle differently or something---I just couldn't make any turn at all. Weird, because any game with Lambos gets my attention (I'm sick of all the Ferraris everywhere, and I've always liked "the other Italian exotic car maker" better)

Just played the PGR4 demo after a AC6 session (got 2 more achievements) and I really, really sucked----far worse than I've ever done in any driving game. I thought PGR3 was OK, but 4 just seems to handle differently or something---I just couldn't make any turn at all. Weird, because any game with Lambos gets my attention (I'm sick of all the Ferraris everywhere, and I've always liked "the other Italian exotic car maker" better)

First off, about that Lambo remark; Blasphemy! Where's my ptichfork?!

About the PGR4 demo; I couldn't agree more. I played PGR3 extensively and really enjoyed the handling of the cars but this demo is like it's a game from a totally different developer.

Weird, because any game with Lambos gets my attention (I'm sick of all the Ferraris everywhere, and I've always liked "the other Italian exotic car maker" better)

Ditto. I've preferred Lamborghini to Ferrari ever since I had my first Countach Hot Wheels when I was three or four. And, although I get the feeling I'm a minority, the Countach is still my favorite Lamborghini. Sure, just about every Lamborghini since outperformed it, but very few cars are so visually striking.

Same here--the Countach (especially say 85-87) is still the coolest-looking car ever. I still want one. I may have to wait 20 more years, and buy one that's 40 years old (hopefully some will be below 40 grand then) but I still plan to get one some day. :)

I've always wondered--why do only expensive cars look cool? Is it some silent agreement among car manufacturers? I mean, does a Corvette actually cost more to LOOK how it does? Why can't someone make a sleek, cool-looking car in the 20-25K range? (Well, they did--the 4th-gen F-body---but why are others so rare?)

About the PGR4 demo; I couldn't agree more. I played PGR3 extensively and really enjoyed the handling of the cars but this demo is like it's a game from a totally different developer.

Good, it's not just me--I didn't think I'd gotten THAT much worse from not having played PGR for a long time. (Overall, the Test Drive and NFS series have usually had my fave handling for cars (and car choices), but that's going WAY back----recent NFS is all ricey street racing, not my thing)

Same here--the Countach (especially say 85-87) is still the coolest-looking car ever. I still want one. I may have to wait 20 more years, and buy one that's 40 years old (hopefully some will be below 40 grand then) but I still plan to get one some day. :)

I've always wondered--why do only expensive cars look cool? Is it some silent agreement among car manufacturers? I mean, does a Corvette actually cost more to LOOK how it does? Why can't someone make a sleek, cool-looking car in the 20-25K range? (Well, they did--the 4th-gen F-body---but why are others so rare?)

Ace Combat, fighter jets, Mega Man, DoA, and now the Countach... we weren't separated at birth, were we? You're more like me than my actual brother.

And yeah, I know, it's always the truly expensive cars that have the really unique looks... in addition to Lamborghinis I also kind of like the Aston Martin Vanquish, and last I looked, that's in the same price range as the Murcielago.

On the other hand, I'd love to own a '99 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4. They were under $40k to begin with; I could probably get one under $10k now. I'd probably still clean it up and only drive it on sunny Sunday afternoons like it was a Lamborghini, though.

You can always tell a child of the 80's when they talk about how awesome the Countach is...

Is it that obvious?

Countach: The only car I've ever had a poster of in my room. And it was up there for years. I still have to get one of those 1:18 AutoArt or Kyosho models of it. (this should go in the car thread though) :)

PS---Mike, I just picked up MM Advent tonight.

PPS---I was a Target today and saw all 4 types of 360 out now--Elite, Pro, Arcade, Halo. Just to make sure---the HDMI equipped Pro says so right on the front of the box, on the list of features, right? Because I haven't seen one yet I think.

Countach: The only car I've ever had a poster of in my room. And it was up there for years. I still have to get one of those 1:18 AutoArt or Kyosho models of it. (this should go in the car thread though) :)

PS---Mike, I just picked up MM Advent tonight.

PPS---I was a Target today and saw all 4 types of 360 out now--Elite, Pro, Arcade, Halo. Just to make sure---the HDMI equipped Pro says so right on the front of the box, on the list of features, right? Because I haven't seen one yet I think.

1.) I had a black Hot Wheels Countach. I thought it looked so cool that when I played with my Hot Wheels, I insisted on using the Countach for KITT rather than a Trans Am.

2.) I think you'll like it, if you liked the first one, although the story is getting incomprehensible even by Megaman standards. I kinda think that all the different forms are making me long for a return to the Zero series.

3.) I'm not sure they advertise the HDMI on the front, but the back.

Well, I just pre-ordered the Limited Edition of Mass Effect. (Online only).

What's all in it? I was trying to read about the different versions they're releasing in different territories on Kotaku, and it gave me a headache. I think I'm just going to get the regular one (even though the collector's version of Jade Empire turned out to be really worth it), because I think $60 is the most I'll pay for a game unless I'm getting a guitar with it.

Basically you get an artbook, a "guide to the universe of Mass effect" (aliens, tech, history) and a "making of" DVD that also includes hundreds of concept art pics. Plus a ton of themes and gamer pics, and a partial soundtrack.

Basically you get an artbook, a "guide to the universe of Mass effect" (aliens, tech, history) and a "making of" DVD that also includes hundreds of concept art pics. Plus a ton of themes and gamer pics, and a partial soundtrack.

Not too shabby, but I've been so happy with my G1 Decepticon theme and Megatron gamer pic that I haven't bothered to change them, even though I bought the Autobot one too. I love Bioware's games, but I honestly couldn't see myself digging a Mass Effect theme or pics better than Transformers, or one of the Penny Arcade pics. I don't watch "making of" DVDs ever, and as great as their games have been, I've never really been impressed with the soundtracks to their games. Artbooks are always cool, but I have a tendency to look at them a few times then shelve them. In fact, I imported the Rockman Perfect Memory book, but I can't remember the last time I looked at it. So, I guess the biggest draw is the guide. I already read the prequel novel, though, so I guess I'm okay enough with the setting that I can pick the rest up with the game. It sounds like a pretty solid package, especially if you like the soundtrack and "making of" DVD more than I would, but I think I'm definitely set on the regular edition. Gotta save some money for Rock Band, after all.

I'd be down for some Halo 3. Gamertag: Coocoocola.

Man, has anyone else been playing way too much Halo 3 since it came out? I decided yesterday to severely cut back to a max of twice a week. It's been taking up so much of my time. Also, I've max out my ranks -- now, the majority of my games are lagfests and I can barely get any wins. I've noticed that, as I get higher in rank, the more headshots it takes to get a kill. All that means is lag is getting worse, so I've theorized that most of the people at my rank are somewhere in the East coast with awesome internet connections. So not only am I never getting host, but I also have bad lag. I wish there was an option to only play with people in the same state (California). The "prefer good connection" option has not improved my experience at all.

Edited by danth

I just realized but Tsoumeister is not on the master list. Tsoumeister, if you read this, what is your Macross World name?

Anyway, I've played Ace Combat 6 with David two Saturdays in a row now. David's usually on like around 11:00-Midnight. This time I got to use my Hori flight stick and throttle. Also got to play with Tsoumeister some Halo 3; tried to get Oihan to join though that didn't work out. (Sorry for my gravelly voice everyone, I could hardly speak on Saturday). I've played with MilkManX numerous times over the last year on a variety of games. Got to play Halo 3 with Bo-Be-Patt, too.

The thing is trying to get everyone's lives and schedules to line up to do this. How about some of us do some Halo 3 at 11:00 PM Central tonight? I'll host and we we can do like team slayer, Big Team Battle, or just regular slayer?

Updated for danth.

Looks like it's time for a new 360 thread! :p Downloaded Rush'n Attack last night. Nice to have the flame thrower that was absent in the NES version. :D

And as a few have suggested below, I am going to start a master list of everyone on macross World who is on Xbox Live. I'll update the list as more post to this thread. The name on the left will be Macross World ID's while names on the right will be their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

I'd be down for some Halo 3. Gamertag: Coocoocola.

Man, has anyone else been playing way too much Halo 3 since it came out? I decided yesterday to severely cut back to a max of twice a week. It's been taking up so much of my time. Also, I've max out my ranks -- now, the majority of my games are lagfests and I can barely get any wins. I've noticed that, as I get higher in rank, the more headshots it takes to get a kill. All that means is lag is getting worse, so I've theorized that most of the people at my rank are somewhere in the East coast with awesome internet connections. So not only am I never getting host, but I also have bad lag. I wish there was an option to only play with people in the same state (California). The "prefer good connection" option has not improved my experience at all.

I probably played way too much in the way of Call of Duty 2 and Gears of War, so these days I'm trying to alternate between games so I stay fresh.Been mixing it up with Halo 3, Ace Combat 6, and GHIII and a few others.