The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

I've been annoyed by the number of total noobs on AC6. They have NO achievements (and you get 1 just for playing the prologue mission---how hard is it to shoot down a B-52?) and pick like an A-10 with Mavericks for a 4-on-4 dogfight. I just think "please don't be on my team, please don't be on my team". Of course they just get shot down and never shoot anyone else down, making it harder for everyone else on their team to win. I'm not some AC6 elitist, but c'mon--at least pick a FIGHTER plane and AIR TO AIR weaponry when you're playing with other people in a pure air-to-air mission.

I'd be down for some Halo 3. Gamertag: Coocoocola.

Man, has anyone else been playing way too much Halo 3 since it came out? I decided yesterday to severely cut back to a max of twice a week. It's been taking up so much of my time.

I probably played way too much in the way of Call of Duty 2 and Gears of War, so these days I'm trying to alternate between games so I stay fresh.Been mixing it up with Halo 3, Ace Combat 6, and GHIII and a few others.

Right now I'm using Halo3 to fill up time until Mass Effect comes out. That game is going to consume many, many more hours of my life than is recommeneded by the Surgeon General.

Sorry I couldn't make it on tonight. :( It's well past 1:00 now as it is and I'm bushed.

Here's an idea... how about 11:00 PM Central Sunday - Saturday should be a time for us Macross World guys to meet up on XBL? Through this upcoming Friday night we'll do Halo 3. Tomorrow night and Wednesday night will work best for me to be on.

This Saturday and Sunday night at 11:00 we'll do Ace Combat 6.

Next week we'll do Halo 3 again.

What does everyone think? I think just designating an approximate time for each night is going to be the best solution with our varied lives. Of course when the opportunities come up to play at other times, I'm game too.

yellowlightman is now on the list!

Looks like it's time for a new 360 thread! :p Downloaded Rush'n Attack last night. Nice to have the flame thrower that was absent in the NES version. :D

And as a few have suggested below, I am going to start a master list of everyone on macross World who is on Xbox Live. I'll update the list as more post to this thread. The name on the left will be Macross World ID's while names on the right will be their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

yellowlightman - Crocodilopolis

Was going to post this in the SFIV thread, but since it's technically for the 360...

Allegedly, one of the guys working on SSF2 HD had his computer broken into and some of the character art was leaked onto the web. I can't verify that these are legit, but the tiles and comments lead me to believe so.

post-221-1194357846_thumb.jpg

post-221-1194357875_thumb.jpg

post-221-1194357915_thumb.png

post-221-1194357998_thumb.png

post-221-1194358015_thumb.png

I wonder if the purple areas are suppose to be the hit detection zones?

It's funny that 16 years after the original Street Fighter II we are getting another incarnation of one of the greatest video games ever made. :)

Was going to post this in the SFIV thread, but since it's technically for the 360...

Allegedly, one of the guys working on SSF2 HD had his computer broken into and some of the character art was leaked onto the web. I can't verify that these are legit, but the tiles and comments lead me to believe so.

It's for both PSN and XBOX Live. ^_^

Anybody else picking up Call of Duty 4? It is looking pretty sweet and getting rave reviews. Will be getting mine later this afternoon.

Yeah I'm thinking about picking it up as well, although I can't decide which version to get...

Anybody else picking up Call of Duty 4? It is looking pretty sweet and getting rave reviews. Will be getting mine later this afternoon.

I'll get Assassin's Creed next week and Mass Effect after that. I won't have time to play CoD 4 for at least two months so I figured I'd get it early next year.

I'll get Assassin's Creed next week and Mass Effect after that. I won't have time to play CoD 4 for at least two months so I figured I'd get it early next year.

Got to admitt that this has been a great time to own an Xbox 360. Lots of very awesome games out this fall. :)

I wonder if the purple areas are suppose to be the hit detection zones?

Seems like it comes WAY too far out for that. Especially the back of Cammy's ponytail. 1 pixel in and there's an entire tile of hit? Hit detection wasn't restricted to whole tiles even back in the Atari era. We've ALWAYS been able to clip it to just the visible part of the sprite.

If they're restricted to 64*64 tiles for hit detection, it's not only a HUGE step backwards, but gonna lead to a REALLY ugly-playing fighter.

That color is a traditional transparency indicator. I'm betting it's just "this part of this tile is transparent" and hit detection is FAR closer to the actual sprite outlines(actually, I'd bet it IS the sprite outlines in most cases).

It's funny that 16 years after the original Street Fighter II we are getting another incarnation of one of the greatest video games ever made. :)

There's a new Roadblasters coming out? Why didn't anyone tell me?

:D

Go-Go-Godzilla! Godzilla/Tsoumeister is now on the list.

Looks like it's time for a new 360 thread! :p Downloaded Rush'n Attack last night. Nice to have the flame thrower that was absent in the NES version. :D

And as a few have suggested below, I am going to start a master list of everyone on macross World who is on Xbox Live. I'll update the list as more post to this thread. The name on the left will be Macross World ID's while names on the right will be their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

Valkyrie - Valkyrie2036

Axelay - Silent Scope EX

JsARCLIGHT - JsARCLIGHT

Oihan (Oyan) - Ashmedai

Alpha OTS - Qaztab

Fort Max - Angst O Tron

mikeszekely - Pharaohman

eugimon - eugimon

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

VT 1010 - ROU21

Beltane70 - Beltane0070

Ishimaru - Ryvann

danth - Coocoocola

yellowlightman - Crocodilopolis

Godzilla - Tsoumiester

Sorry I couldn't make it on tonight. :( It's well past 1:00 now as it is and I'm bushed.

Here's an idea... how about 11:00 PM Central Sunday - Saturday should be a time for us Macross World guys to meet up on XBL? Through this upcoming Friday night we'll do Halo 3. Tomorrow night and Wednesday night will work best for me to be on.

This Saturday and Sunday night at 11:00 we'll do Ace Combat 6.

Next week we'll do Halo 3 again.

What does everyone think? I think just designating an approximate time for each night is going to be the best solution with our varied lives. Of course when the opportunities come up to play at other times, I'm game too.

ya, that sounds good to me. Majority of friday night's I'm on anyway. So let's do every friday night! ^_^

So who else has gotten Call of Duty 4 so far?

As for times today (Friday the 9th) I plan on firing up COD4 for about an hour after I get off work. I might be back on at 11:00 or 12:00 (central) to play some Halo 3. Tomorrow night I will probably be on playing Ace Combat 6 with David again. Sunday, I'll try to be sometime in the evening (including 11:00).

But just say that 11:00 central/12:00 eastern at night should be the time that Macross Worlders should focus on looking for each other to play, regardless the game.

Whoa, that's one heck of a street date breaking. I might have to go look. (I can always cancel the pre-order, or trade in the other copy, etc)

::edit:: Over at the official site there's all the info. One specific store in Virginia, they got a call from MS and Bioware very shortly afterwards, and only a handful of people got it if that (only one confirmed sale--though a few on ebay). Though it's really pointless to get a copy on ebay----it'll cost way more to start with, and unless you pay for uber-fast shipping (even more money) you're only going to get it like 48 hours before the other people. 100+ bucks for 2 days? Not worth it at all.

PS---because of this Bioware also announced an immediate no-spoilers policy, especially for those who got the game early and want to talk about it. Total site ban if you get caught, not just the ME forum.

Picked up CoD4 on a whim last night. Had to settle for the Limited Edition, which really wasn't worth the extra $15, but I wanted the game then and there. Haven't touched multiplayer yet but the singleplayer is AWESOME. One of the best games I've played this year, and at least for single player its a lot better than Halo 3.

Picked up CoD4 on a whim last night. Had to settle for the Limited Edition, which really wasn't worth the extra $15, but I wanted the game then and there. Haven't touched multiplayer yet but the singleplayer is AWESOME. One of the best games I've played this year, and at least for single player its a lot better than Halo 3.

A friend of mine picked it up, and I played the first mission (not counting the training course bit). You can definitely tell an Infinity Ward Call of Duty from a Treyarch. CoD3, despite looking and playing identically to CoD2, was kind of dull IMHO. But (without giving any spoilers away), CoD4 felt more like CoD2 despite the difference in setting. Infinity Ward has a knack for well-executed "Oh crap!" moments that go a long way toward getting your adrenaline going and really drawing you into the experience. After he finishes it, I'm going to buy it off him.

10 or so days until Mass Effect comes out. And just a warning---I will personally ban anyone that posts spoilers about it, starting now. That includes "first hour" spoilers and "stuff every review/site has already mentioned".

Well that isn't nice if you call it personal. <_<

But I do get your point though.

The Limited Edition is $10 more. Regular is like $59.99 while the LE is $69.95.