The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

But unlike the pocket rocket, your car has the weight to keep your wheels to the ground, that Civic knock off doesn't. Honestly, it just looks like Hyundai built the Genesis and then figured since they had this great motor, to just stick it in a car to kick around the pocket rocket genre (Civic SI, SPEED3, tC), i don't think it'll make production though, and if it does, it probably won't look like that.

The numbers on the Kia sounds good and it looks somewhat decent. But it's still a Kia. If they were to come up with a cool 2 seater coupe with that engine in it for under $25,000 I'd be interested.

That Saleen Raptor looks like Honda's HSC. The tail lights even resemble the NSX's tail lights.

The numbers on the Kia sounds good and it looks somewhat decent. But it's still a Kia. If they were to come up with a cool 2 seater coupe with that engine in it for under $25,000 I'd be interested.

It's called the Genesis Coupe, same motor, better body, RWD.

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words..."

All I can come up with is: HOLY CRAP! :blink:

"...Abbott was able to get into the medical vehicle without assistance and is heading to hospital for precautionary checks."

Good on ya! to the cage builder! I hope the driver bought him a case of beer! ^_^

They say "a picture is worth a thousand words..."

All I can come up with is: HOLY CRAP! :blink:

"...Abbott was able to get into the medical vehicle without assistance and is heading to hospital for precautionary checks."

Good on ya! to the cage builder! I hope the driver bought him a case of beer! ^_^

I've seen worse, like this old NASCAR crash:

The accident was referenced in the latest NAPA Parts commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkeEn8y3rRM

Call me crazy, but I signed up to get updates on the Genesis coupe from Hyundai; that concept has snagged my attention somehow...

Got my countour molded splash guards (AKA, fancy mud flaps) today. Now I just gotta decide if I want them painted to match or not. From behind, the black looks best and blends in with the well/tire. But from the side, it's really obvious that there's a big chunk of black all of a sudden. Here's my main reference thread:

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=33...e=1&smode=1

This is a very similar car, in a similar color to mine, with the molded guards painted to match: http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/upfiles/33768/Ig13792.jpg (though IMHO it's not quite matched---the flap doesn't have nearly the metallic sparkle that the car does)

Got my countour molded splash guards (AKA, fancy mud flaps) today. Now I just gotta decide if I want them painted to match or not. From behind, the black looks best and blends in with the well/tire. But from the side, it's really obvious that there's a big chunk of black all of a sudden.

I'd paint to match, if this were mine. I know painting is added expense, but if you have to have mud flaps, the more blended in, the better. Be sure and post pics of your car when you get it all cleaned up.

We had rain/sleet/ice today, so my car's worse than it was. So much for it warming up this week to clean and wax it...

PS---had my first encounter with a parking lot shopping cart. %*%&%&! I've got like a "ridge" of paint where it was rubbed/folded up. Going to sand it down, if I'm really lucky I can level it out without entirely removing the color coat. (Clear coat's gotta go). The rest of the bumper's marks are so subtle I really don't think it'd be worth/possible to fix without actually making it more obvious. (you can imagine how carefully I choose my parking spots, weighing time/distance to other cars, doors, and shopping carts---but it was so windy that day that apparently a cart from 50 yards away came at my car---I was in the store for like 5 mins, and there were NO loose carts in the lot when I parked---it either blew out of the corral or someone left it there while I was in the store and it blew into my bumper) :angry:

We had rain/sleet/ice today, so my car's worse than it was. So much for it warming up this week to clean and wax it...

PS---had my first encounter with a parking lot shopping cart. %*%&%&! I've got like a "ridge" of paint where it was rubbed/folded up. Going to sand it down, if I'm really lucky I can level it out without entirely removing the color coat. (Clear coat's gotta go). The rest of the bumper's marks are so subtle I really don't think it'd be worth/possible to fix without actually making it more obvious. (you can imagine how carefully I choose my parking spots, weighing time/distance to other cars, doors, and shopping carts---but it was so windy that day that apparently a cart from 50 yards away came at my car---I was in the store for like 5 mins, and there were NO loose carts in the lot when I parked---it either blew out of the corral or someone left it there while I was in the store and it blew into my bumper) :angry:

Just reading this pisses me off. I also carefully choose my parking spots so as to avoid door dings, etc. A few months ago, I parked in a spot at my local grocery store which was way out, with no shopping carts in sight. When I returned to the parking lot, I see this guy load his car with groceries, then leave the cart near my car on this windy day; note, there was a cart return corral about 20 feet away. :angry:

Long story short, I lost my cool, grabbed the cart and got in this guy's face. I yelled at him, with my fists clenched, and he, without a word the entire time, took the cart, placed it in the return corral, and then got in his car. Hopefully, I made a difference in the world for the better on that day.

More shopping cart stories:

Moron (with teenage moron friends) in an SUV sees a cart, and PURPOSELY accelerates and hits it with his giant off-road bumper guard to get it out of his way. He laughs, then goes "oh Sh**" when he sees the cart turn and start heading for a nice new Cadillac. The cart stopped about 1 foot from the Caddy.

Local Target employee wrangling up the carts with the little self-propelled thing seems to "lose" the self-propelled thing (she wasn't looking, and just left it by itself for a little bit), and it starts heading towards my car! I was just walking out of the store, and it was too far for me to get there in time--luckily the dumb girl realized that it was out rolling along on its own, and got to it. (though from how/when it stopped, I think that thing must have a timer or something, so that it won't go very far without human input--presumably to prevent what just almost happened)

No comments on the many new Camaro pics of RS/SS spoilers/decals/fairings?

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/gm-accessor...ro/723879/full/ (last pic's the best, and has a different spoiler)

Yeah, the last picture is so awesome, I've attached it for everyone here to see it.

And it looks like someone's gotten very obsessed with the Camaro:

Lego Technic Camaro

post-237-1206860009_thumb.jpg

Cheap, manual and RWD. What's not to like about it? Now if they could only turbo the V6 motor...

I wouldn't want that V6 turbo'd, there's a lot of engineering (and plumbing) that has to go into a turbo V6 that doesn't have to go into a turbo I4, so i think it's better to have the turbo I4 anyway. But Myk's not crazy, i signed up for Genesis updates too :p

Also not crazy about the Camaro, i like it, but still think it's "meh". When i think camaro i think Yenko or ZL1 Camaro and this car screams neither of those to me.

Edited by emajnthis

The Holden Ute's finally going to make its way to the US, and it's gonna be a Pontiac?! :blink:

http://pontiac.emipowered.net/tamethename/?cmp=ttn_vanity

Considering how popular trucks are here, especially in rural areas, I can't see how this thing wouldn't sell well...

Hmm, maybe seeing the Coupe 60 come our way with "GTO" badging may not be that far-fetched after all?

Edited by reddsun1

That was given to Pontiac because Chevy already had so many vehicles. Pontiac's lost the Firebird, Grand Prix, and Bonneville in just the last couple years. G8 can't replace all 3.

And they just recently said "no" to the Concept 60 coming over here in any way shape or form. (they blame CAFE) :p (and I want one)

Pontiac still makes the Grand Prix, the Solstice replaced the Firebird (well technically the GTO replaced the firebird but we now how that ended up), and the G8 replaces the Bonneville (not that anyone feels the loss of the bonneville anyway), not to mention they have the G6 coupe/sedan/convertible and G5 coupe.

Edited by emajnthis

the solstice may not replace the firebird, but i bet it outsells it, the firebird had nowhere left to go, it had already been cannibalized to the point of no return throughout the rest of GM's cloned lineup. I don't see the loss of the grand prix a bad thing, i don't imagine it was making them much money, and even if it was, this gives them an opportunity to fill their US lineup with more euro cars. Pontiac is the only division that seems to be getting some positive attention from GM at the moment, so i think by killing off all of the cars that don't sell to bring in fresh designs can only do good things for them; soon enough people will forget Pontiac's Mistakes (Aztec, naming the Monaro the GTO) and hone back in on the quality of their lineup. With any luck, sales might get good to the point of seeing another LS2 (or LS3) powered coupe.

Edited by emajnthis

No, the Grand Prix is gone. Last one was built in November. The few remaining ones on the dealer lots are the very last of them.

And the Solstice is SO not a Firebird replacement. Right myk?

That it ain't partner, but those little ragtops seem to be everywhere here in San Diego. I'm glad it's been a success for Pontiac...

Based on what I've read on various automotive websites, here's a list of Pontiacs and the models they replace:

G8 - Bonneville and Grand Prix.

G6 - Grand Am and a chunk of the Grand Prix's market.

G5 - Sunfire.

Torrent - Aztek (not that anyone cared, anyway...).

Both Solstice and Vibe created their own segments; thus, they didn't replace any previous models.