The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

That Mexican prototype? No way, Jose. Now, here's my T/A's engine compartment:

IPB Image

OMFG! Myk bought an LS-1!!!

IPB Image

Lol...

depends on the finish,

base clear urethane about a month of good 70 degree plus days if it wasnt baked. if it was baked, you can wax right away (recommended)

most enamels and laquers you can wax immediatly

Does anyone know how long you should wait for the first waxing after a fresh paint job?

I swear, aside from the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, this is the sexiest front-engine sports car from Europe.

2006-Aston-Martin-V8-S-1280x960.jpg

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

2007-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-Roadster-Duo-1280x960.jpg

2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster

2007-Prodrive-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-FA-1280x960.jpg

2007 Prodrive Aston Martin V8 Vantage

2007-Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-N24-Rear-Angle-1280x960.jpg

2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage N24

2007-Aston-Martin-Racing-Rally-GT-S-1280x960.jpg

2007 Aston Martin Racing Rally GT

Top Gear - Jaguar XK vs. Aston Martin V8 Vantage

(Japanese)

Best Motoring - Aston Martin V8 Vantage (Japanese)

Edited by areaseven

I heard that Ford might be putting Aston on the block...

It has already been sold to a consortium of investors a couple of months ago.

Dave Richards, former captain of the Lucky Strike F1 team and owner of ProDrive (IIRC), had a major imput in the deal and will have a seat in the board of directors.

The good news though is that they'll still have ties to Ford (and Volvo) in the matters of engine and safety system development.

Does anyone have a line on a good/cheap car moving co.?

I am striking out finding someone to give my car a paintjob out here, so I'm gonna ship it back to CA a bit early and have it painted out there.

When I had it shipped out to me out here in NC (about a year ago) it cost around 500-600, now I can't get an estimate lower than 900. Even with the cost of gas going up this seems a bit much.

Anyone have any advice?

Edited by Phyrox

whare are you at?, I know the guy who painted that GTO on the BF goodrich mag ads. Name is Jake and business is Pro Body Collision. He isnt cheap, but he is really good

(586) 997-5060

whare are you at?, I know the guy who painted that GTO on the BF goodrich mag ads. Name is Jake and business is Pro Body Collision. He isnt cheap, but he is really good

(586) 997-5060

I'm in Chapel Hill, NC. I can't afford magazine quality. I have contacts in CA, and I'm moving back there at the end of the year anyway, which is why I'm giving up here and getting it painted out there.

At the moment I can't afford any more than 3-4,000 for stripping, painting, and fixing a few trouble spots. It'll be a decent paintjob, but no show winner. The T/A is my daily driver.

Not too long ago, Aston Martin announced that the Rapide Concept will go into full production. The 4-door puts the company in competition with the Maserati Quattroporte and the Mercedes-Benz CLS 55. I'm not a fan of the idea of putting four doors on an Aston, but it does look pretty good.

2006-Aston-Martin-Rapide-Concept-FA-1280x960.jpg

2006 Aston Martin Rapide Concept

Edited by areaseven

I certainly hope that isn't close to the final product-that car looks huge...

Edited by myk

Now on to auto racing news:

Just announced this morning at 11:00 a.m. EST: Dale Earnhardt Jr. has officially signed with Hendrick Motorsports for the 2008 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series season. This means that next year, he and Jeff Gordon will be teammates.

Re: the grill----too many cars (including US ones) don't seem to account for that fact that the vast majority of states require front plates, and the whole look is ruined by having to mount a plate bracket in the middle of the grill/drilling into the bumper. There aren't many cars that seem to have had a front end designed to look good with a front plate installed (aka, has a ready-made spot for a front plate that doesn't require adding a big bracket, or covering up any vent/grill/intake up front). The 97-03 Grand Prix comes to mind.

That Audi is fine with Euro-style "skinny" plate between the upper and lower grill sections, but put a US plate on, held by a big plastic bracket--it'll really look bad.