1/48 Armored Parts for Valkyrie (Standard Blue)

Decon

I've noticed most people display 1/48 Armored Parts for Valkyrie with Hikaru VF-1J. I don't see any put a Roy VF-1S in it....Why is that?

That'll be because in the anime it was only used on a VF-1J. In Macross on Hikaru / Rick's, and in DYRL on a VF-1J with an alarming resemblance, but Hikaru is in a VF-1S at that point IIRC.

I've noticed most people display 1/48 Armored Parts for Valkyrie with Hikaru VF-1J. I don't see any put a Roy VF-1S in it....Why is that?

Once I pick up a 1/48th GBP it'll be going on one of my Roy -1S's. Partly because I don't have a Hikaru-1J to put it on, but even if I did I would probably still put it on the -1S, I think it looks quite neat on there and I don't worry too much about anime accuracy in things like that. I figure that somewhere in the Macross universe a -1S has stomped about with GBP on, and that is a good enough justification for me. :-)

Karl

Well my GBP-1s IS on Hikaru's TV VF-1J.

The GBP-1S is the only reason I got myself a VF-1J. Otherwise I'd be happy with only my DYRL Hikaru VF-1S with Strike Parts.

Nice screen from DYRL Playstation. I thought the Saturn version was enough to own but now I need the Playstation version aswell!

I definately want to outfit a few CF 1As with standard blue GPB-1S armor I think.

But can anyone actually confirm that CF 1As were seen fighting in GPB-1S armor during the final confrontation with Bodolza in the original series? (My animeigo DVDs are in another country right now)

Reason I`m asking is I don`t consider DYRL or games derived from it canon and I want to outfit my guys as close to canon as possible

Although I display my blue (TV) GBP with the VF-1J Hikaru, I display the Urban camo GBP with the VF-1S Focker.

Somehow the Urban camo sceme just looks better on a VF-1S.

My woodland camo GBP is still sitting in its box.

Graham