The Matrix: Revolution trailer

91WhiskeyM6

Zion was small, producing enough food and clothes from a single city to feed billions

Billions? Where did you get billions? Morpheus clearly implies there are only 250,000 people in Zion. As he says the 250,000 Sentinels coming in are "machine thinking" of one for every "man, woman, and child" of Zion.

Edited by Uxi

Zion was small, producing enough food and clothes from a single city to feed billions

Billions? Where did you get billions? Morpheus clearly implies there are only 250,000 people in Zion. As he says the 250,000 Sentinels coming in are "machine thinking" of one for every "man, woman, and child" of Zion.

He's talking about the people inside the Matrix. I heard from someone that games are planned to go on after the events of the movies, like a MMORPG or something. My guess is allong his lines: yeah, you defeated the machines, but if you just shut down the Matrix, the billions of people connected couldn't last off the resouces Zion can provide, plus many wouldn't enjoy leaving that comfortable world for the real post-appocalypic one. So they turn off the human-farms, but leave on the Matrix, slowly waking the people up that they can.

He's talking about the people inside the Matrix. I heard from someone that games are planned to go on after the events of the movies, like a MMORPG or something. My guess is allong his lines: yeah, you defeated the machines, but if you just shut down the Matrix, the billions of people connected couldn't last off the resouces Zion can provide, plus many wouldn't enjoy leaving that comfortable world for the real post-appocalypic one. So they turn off the human-farms, but leave on the Matrix, slowly waking the people up that they can.

Ooooh, I like that ending....you get some closure and a sense of hope and a way to milk the movies even more for games/books/toys/tv shows et ecetra :p Actually I think that's the best way to take the thrid movie that won't tick off everyone. You get the hope that humanity will survive, but you also get a bit of continued pathos for humanity which seemed to be the trend of the first movie, unlike the "humans deserved it" message of 2nd Ren

Ooooh, I like that ending....you get some closure and a sense of hope and a way to milk the movies even more for games/books/toys/tv shows et ecetra :p Actually I think that's the best way to take the thrid movie that won't tick off everyone. You get the hope that humanity will survive, but you also get a bit of continued pathos for humanity which seemed to be the trend of the first movie, unlike the "humans deserved it" message of 2nd Ren

I don't know if that was truely the message behind the Second Renesaince. I always thought of it as a view of that same pathos only flipped around to the macine perspective. Just take 2nd Ren for what it was presented as: a historical archive made by the machines with all the bias' and blatant propogandizing that come with it.

A question (after re-watching Reloaded): Has anyone actually done the math on how long the matrix has been around? Consider:

1) Morpheus states in the pre-orgy speech that they have been fighting the machines for 100 years. Great.

2) Morpheus mentions in the first movie that it is roughly 2199. Super.

3) The architect says that there have been 6 matrices. OKay....

4) Now, if you figure that each matrix last roughly the same amount of time, would that mean that the year is actually closer to 2699, not 2199? Either that, or the rebuilt Zion mentions the total length of time, but excludes some pretty major happenings (systemic anomolies, destruction of previous Zions, etc...).

Also, I was curious about Neo's thoughts when the Merovingian mentions his "Predecessors". Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till November.

A question (after re-watching Reloaded):  Has anyone actually done the math on how long the matrix has been around?  Consider:

1) Morpheus states in the pre-orgy speech that they have been fighting the machines for 100 years.  Great.

2) Morpheus mentions in the first movie that it is roughly 2199.  Super.

3)  The architect says that there have been 6 matrices. OKay....

4) Now, if you figure that each matrix last roughly the same amount of time, would that mean that the year is actually closer to 2699, not 2199?  Either that, or the rebuilt Zion mentions the total length of time, but excludes some pretty major happenings (systemic anomolies, destruction of previous Zions, etc...).

Also, I was curious about Neo's thoughts when the Merovingian mentions his "Predecessors".  Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till November.

Remember, Morpheus did say that it's "closer" to 2199 and that no human really knows just how long it has been. In fact - like the architect said (assuming he's truthful) - the Matrix is much older than any human suspects. If the machines permit Zion to start over with only 23 humans each time, it'll take much longer than just 100 years to reach a population of 250,000 people (even factoring infant mortality rates, freeing people from the matrix, and any external enviromental impacts). Assuming the architect is telling the truth...and that's a big assumption.

Also, the Matrix always remains. The Matrix was redesigned by the architect twice, but it was not destroyed when the systemic anomaly (Neo and his predecessors) reaches the source each of those six times. The Matrix continues, but the human rebellion and Zion starts over...in that semi-controlled fashion. This is how those rogue programs in the Matrix (the Merovingian, the Oracle, etc) are able to exist for so long. If the Matrix was destroyed each time, those programs would be destroyed along with it. But the Merovingian specifically said he had encountered Neo's predecessors and the architect said the same thing. This is probably as close to the truth as we can get at this point.

Edited by Mr March

Couple of interesting pictures:

Machine City:

Actually, that is the Matrix itself, where everyone is plugged into, with the human farm in front of it.