Mospeada D�jinshi

wwwmwww

NICE!!!! I like... I like alot!!!! By "I found" are you saying you are Roger Harkavy?

Yes.
Are the 6 pieces in Super7 Magazine issue #15 the other 6?
No, they're a mix of additional MOSPEADA and Southern Cross unproduced art.
I.e. with EXO's and the one in your link is that ALL 8?
No, sorry.
Any chance you'd make your copywrite band across that image smaller? I'd like to see the feet.
No, sorry. All I can tell you is that the feet are unremarkable, very similar to the unarmored Legioss. There is a black and white version of that sketch sans copyright notice in the Super7 article.

There is no sketch of the ground combat Legioss in fighter mode, but I get the impression that this is a battroid-only upgrade like the GBP suits for the Valkyries.

Looks like I have an issue I NEED to pick up. Oh... and one other question. If you found these 8 pieces may I ask when you found them? EXO's image was posted back in 2004.
It was around 2004, but I didn't bring them back to the US until 2005. I did an interview about the find here:

http://www.terrania.us/liberty/

P.S. Ok... I lied... one MORE question... I see your link mentions "Roger Harkavy at Super7 Magazine". May I ask what your position there is? This issue #15, which I just ordered, here:

http://super7store.com/magazine/current_issue.php

seems to have pictures of many old Mospeada toys. I also see phrases like "showcasing the latest toys, art and design contrasted with the greatest toys of yesteryear." You should have asked me about this:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mospeada/tread_toy.htm

It looks like it would have been a PERFECT fit.

I'm not on the Super7 staff, but I write articles on a regular basis for them. The TLEAD is definitely mentioned in the article, along with another unproduced toy or two that you may or may not know about.

Totoro, those are awesome, thanks for posting those!

In the Imai material I brought back from Japan, I have at least one of those smaller pics at the bottom (the one showing the Legioss with "SATAN SQUADRON" and Devilman on the booster) in black and white. I also have the same map showing the attack but it's handwritten, and again, like most of the other sheets, black and white.

The general jist is that it gives the details of the second drop operation, the one shown in the first episode. Obviously, the green ball is Earth, the red one is Mars, and the large arrows show how the three fleets jointed up - the Jupiter one (lower left) and the one from the other colonies (upper left) join up with the Mars fleet, and they're also joined by more ships from other colonies in earth orbit (upper right). They attack Earth, and then the surviving flagships (giggle) head back to Mars.

Something weird in the sketch I have: it calls the Invid carriers "Shellpacks" instead of "Shelldoors."

Very cool! I always wondered what other fleets joined the Mars Base on this chart. Is it any more specific as to the origin of the other colonies? Maybe some of the other planets like Saturn? Its interesting that Jupiter Base was part of the second invasion. I was never sure of this and always assumed they were part of the first invasion. Would you be able to actually translate each section of text and repost the pic in english?

Very cool! I always wondered what other fleets joined the Mars Base on this chart. Is it any more specific as to the origin of the other colonies? Maybe some of the other planets like Saturn?

Some of the background material I have (handwritten notes, so I don't know what level of "canon-ness" you want to apply to it) also refers to the other colonies, but it doesn't mention that they're on other planets so I'm assuming they're free-floating or inside asteroids. Some of the notes indicate that the Legioss and other weapons were actually used in inter-colony wars before they banded together against the Inbit.
Its interesting that Jupiter Base was part of the second invasion. I was never sure of this and always assumed they were part of the first invasion.
I'll have to double-check my notes, but I'm pretty sure that all of the colonies were involved in both attack waves.
Would you be able to actually translate each section of text and repost the pic in english?
I'm not a translator, and the material I have was translated with the help of friends that are out of the country right now. Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate and translate your scan.

As far as my stuff goes, my goal is to have the sketches professionally published as part of an art book, so if things work out, you'll see it in print eventually.

Yes.No, they're a mix of additional MOSPEADA and Southern Cross unproduced art.

I was about ask if all 8 designs were available somewhere, but I think this answers that question.

As far as my stuff goes, my goal is to have the sketches professionally published as part of an art book, so if things work out, you'll see it in print eventually.

In that case PLEASE PM me, email me, anything when that happens. I definately want to see them.

There is a black and white version of that sketch sans copyright notice in the Super7 article.

It should be on its way, so I'll see it soon enough.

The TLEAD is definitely mentioned in the article, along with another unproduced toy or two that you may or may not know about.

I know of several, so we'll see. I'm aware of but have yet to see these toys which were never offically released by Gakken:

(1) Shadow Legioss

(2) Shadow Tread

(3) Red Tread

(4) Green Tread

(5) And several Inbit toys which I can't remember the particulars on at the moment. One of which was supposed to have actual rhinestone eyes.

Carl

(1) Shadow Legioss

(2) Shadow Tread

(3) Red Tread

(4) Green Tread

(5) And several Inbit toys which I can't remember the particulars on at the moment. One of which was supposed to have actual rhinestone eyes.

Carl

Also two 1/20 scale toys, the VF052T and the VF041H Blow Superior:

IPB Image

I'm not a translator, and the material I have was translated with the help of friends that are out of the country right now.

Any chance any of your friends might want to help translate this DÅjinshi? I'll take all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Carl

I've just added pages 41 through 50 to the first post. On page 48 you see mention of a SQUID. You know, I actually know what one is. When I was back in school I did a fair bit of work with one. It looked exactly like this one:

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~mpf/squid/squid_text.htm

Now the real question is what does a SQUID have to do with Mospeada? The picture on page 49 wasn't really an image I was expecting to find in a Mospeada DÅjinshi either.

Enjoy,

Carl

I think there were stickers of those mission patches that were distributed with Imai flyers. I know for sure that there were Southern Cross ones, in fact there's a set of them on Yahoo Japan right now.

Yep, thats where I got these :) I scanned mine and cleaned them up :)

I think there were stickers of those mission patches that were distributed with Imai flyers. I know for sure that there were Southern Cross ones, in fact there's a set of them on Yahoo Japan right now.

This is interesting. From the pages of the Animedia Mospeada Graffiti book, the crew of Mospeada is being interviewed and they all have mission patches on their shoulders. They could be those IMAI stickers. They are also playing with Gakken toys in the bottom pic:

IPB Image

It's not nearly as impressive as all this material makes it seem. The show is painfully episodic and downright silly when it shouldn't be.

I think that's the definition of "anime" right there... or certainly the vast majority of it.

It's definitely more episodic than most but the character thing is purely subjective. I'm sure we could find many board members who thought the characters were just wonky in each of the other shows (Chirico wasn't winning any personality contests) and that the other shows had more than their fair share of misplaced humor. I thought the humor worked pretty well in Mospeada... not so much in RT's New Gen though.

Well I liked Yellow (so sexy) and Rei was pretty fun. Fuke was ok for a main female I suppose, although Yellow is more a woman than she'll ever be. Jim and Mint are ok too. Stick is the one that I had a hard time liking. He isn't nearly as amiable as Rei or even as sympathetic as Chirico. He's just so darn bossy and a space racist.

The pumped-up MOSPEADA that Exo posted is one of a few mecha designs that were created after the show started airing (see the date at the bottom). They were never animated or realized in toy or model form, but it seems the idea behind them was to help the manufacturers sell you the same kit/toy with a few new parts, like the Super Valkyrie. "Malibu Stacey with a new hat."

I found eight of these late designs among the Imai stuff, four armor suits and four battroids, including the one Exo posted and this one:

http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/2007/01/exclusiv...sign-image.html

Hey Roger nice find! Not too big on Mospeada but very fascinating.

I myself was able to score some really rare sketches and original art of Voltron/Golion

They are 156 pages total with each sheet at about 10"x13" so it fitted alot of drawings on one sheet.

They consist of schematics and sketches portraying almost anything that has to do with Golion.

Showing stuff like Golion's weapons and gimmicks some of which was never seen or used. An alternate sequence to form Golion and alternate sequence to form the blazing sword. It also goes into depth of the castle showing the rooms and each individual characters own bedroom which is extremely detail according to each characters personality. Looks very architectual and sophisticated. Etc....

The drawings are at the semi final stage production of Voltron/Golion I have the hardcopies that was used from one of the staff members so I believe these are uncirculated.

They never made a book of drawings on Golion Voltron. Never knew why probably because it wasnt too popular in Japan.

I wish they did but I guess my unofficial book will do.