YF-1R

MPC fans always whine about Yamato products QC...uhh you know there's an alternative to both MPC bootlegs and Yamato: They're called Bandai Chunky Monkeys. What's your excuse for not buying Chunkies? Oh they're not that detailed? then get yourself an M-Club model or a Hasegawa. Bandai's are on sale right now- everywhere!

true, but Bandai it seems has stopped producing the varients. I haven't seen a new Badai valk in a while, but Yamato keeps pumpin' out some really nice stuff. ... Hence, Yamato is king right now.

MPC fans always whine about Yamato products QC...uhh you know there's an alternative to both MPC bootlegs and Yamato: They're called Bandai Chunky Monkeys. What's your excuse for not buying Chunkies? Oh they're not that detailed? then get yourself an M-Club model or a Hasegawa. Bandai's are on sale right now- everywhere!

The good thing is, they whine, but they buy it anyway :D

Bandai? They dropped the Macross re-issues already, and from the looks of things they completely forgot about it already.

I just wich BW can take the Macross 7 license from Bandai so Yamato can make uber cool VF-17 Nightmares! :D

What brought this on, Whiskey?  Or is it just more random ranting?

I saw a clip of "Robotech 3000" and man, I was pissed!

:rolleyes: You're not winning anybody over with your ranting and raving. Take the advice of others in the Robotech 3000 thread and present decent arguments other than just "Grr, HG sucks! Robotech fans are morons!" or else you'll soon become obnoxious.

:rolleyes: You're not winning anybody over with your ranting and raving. Take the advice of others in the Robotech 3000 thread and present decent arguments other than just "Grr, HG sucks! Robotech fans are morons!" or else you'll soon become obnoxious.

Too late for that <_<

for someone that Hates Robotech and HG so much, why are you even watching Robotech 3000 in the first place?

for someone that Hates Robotech and HG so much, why are you even watching Robotech 3000 in the first place?

Curiosity!

I wanted to see what the big deal was with RB 3000 and now I know.

Kapish? Comprende?

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Just to restate the obvious (Im not trying to be an ass) both Robotech 3k and Robotech II: The Sentinels are as dead as door nails. While the initial concept of Robotech 3k isnt bad per se...it was a doomed project from its inception. It was also the last Robotech project (thankfully) that Carl Macek will likely ever work on. He is NOT involved with Robotech 2004.

Just to update others about something...it appears that Tommy Yune dropped in chat recently that in fact HG is working with some of the original Mospeada people on Robotech 2004. Now, whether this is Amano, Kakinuma and Aramaki....we don't know. I think it could be that Tommy is actually distinguishing between Tatsunoko and the people from Artmic (at least I hope he is). Now...if only they could find some of the Southern Cross people...then I would be happy. ;)

wow,

lotta atitude here,

1st off, boycotting does very little when most people arnt willing to do that in that they might miss out on a product.

2nd off, come on, if any of us were running a company, the last thing you would do is just give up a liesence that allows only you to produce a certain product that has a demand, PERIOD, living for yourself and being part of a corporation are 2 different things. its nice to make a change, but they had thier chance in the early 80's to do that, oh well, thats how it goes. some people are born ugly too, doesnt mean we shoot them because it hurts your eyes <_<

1st off, boycotting does very little when most people arnt willing to do that in that they might miss out on a product.

Says you!

There's alot of people out there boycotting HG. Uhhh huh..yeah! <_< why? because of fans voicing their displeasures and spreading the truth about HG. It worked on me! I've spent thousands on Yammies and Bandai products. I'll never buy MPC crappola!

How do you hurt a money grubbing company? Decrease their profits.

2nd off, come on, if any of us were running a company, the last thing you would do is just give up a liesence that allows only you to produce a certain product that has a demand, PERIOD

Bullcrap! in demand? what was in demand for HG since 85' They didn't think about the BW license they got, they forgot about it until their precious Robotech fans started getting high paying jobs. Most companies will produce cartoons and toys targeting today's youth(Transformers Armada = Pokemon). What has HG produced for kids out there ? Nothing! Hasbro isn't the best out there, but I can still give them respect for all the products they have produced or endorsed. They deserve to have the TF license. Enlightened me since I don't really keep up with HG's latest gimmicks. Once all the 80's craze is gone, BW/Bandai/Yamato/Hasegawa/Club-M/etc will continue to feed their fans Macross OVA's and what not. I bet you anything HG will sit on their asses or screw up some project. It's time to remove HG!

:ph34r:

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

edit: wrong place for my rant, I moved it here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...6&t=132&st=200&

BTW, I think the head is ugly, but I am glad they decided to make a toy of one of their own creations (kind of) instead of some of the SDF Macross stuff they could've done like the Max 1A or the 1D.

Edited by tom64ss

I think 91WhiskeyM6 is our new "skullone" lol  old MWers know what I'm talking about lol

And thats great.... really... I bet everyone was wishing for a new one. <_<

Well I for one was... B)

Seriously folks this dance is tired. How many times do we have to go through the 'I hate HG/Toynami', 'I hate Yamato' just because spill.

I for one will give HG/Toynami some credit for putting out a toy that is different from the same old 'Veritech' variant. (as Yamato did for the Valkryrie with the Low-Vis VF-1A).

If Robotech Fans get to have something new - great - I don't piss on the Robotech section of MW's parade - and - I don't expect them to piss on mine.

And my two-impartial-cents on the YF-1R - the paint scheme, nice the head - ugly, I do give points for trying, just not money for trying.

If you don't like a product - don't support it. I got burned by Toynami with the first MPC (Volume 1, VF1J) and haven't given Toynami another dime. See how that works? ;)

Some folks should try that sometime instead of running around antagonizing one Fan Group in favor of another.

-b.

Just to restate the obvious (Im not trying to be an ass) both Robotech 3k and Robotech II: The Sentinels are as dead as door nails. While the initial concept of Robotech 3k isnt bad per se...it was a doomed project from its inception. It was also the last Robotech project (thankfully) that Carl Macek will likely ever work on. He is NOT involved with Robotech 2004.

Just to update others about something...it appears that Tommy Yune dropped in chat recently that in fact HG is working with some of the original Mospeada people on Robotech 2004. Now, whether this is Amano, Kakinuma and Aramaki....we don't know. I think it could be that Tommy is actually distinguishing between Tatsunoko and the people from Artmic (at least I hope he is). Now...if only they could find some of the Southern Cross people...then I would be happy. ;)

No kidding?

duh!

I was just pointing out the HG disappointments.

oh..rb3000 isn't bad per se? you better watch that clip again.

Whoops! Did I say antagonist with the same ole tired ass song and dance?

I meant Genius here to enlighten the Sheep and Elitists with their incredibly intelligent banter on how HG sucks.

Get a grip you jackass.

-b.

:lol:

I didn't know you were so sensitive...name calling after one or two posts. You get a grip.

You know what's a trip, it's you HG sheeps posting on this particualr topic 24/7? I don't ever read any of your posts on the other forums(Besides HG license debate or MPC threads) on this web site. Makes one wonder about you "Macross" fans. *Sniff* I smell Robotech.com :ph34r: in here.

For example(1st Border Red Devil SC fan): http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...order+red+devil

What's your handle @ RB.com Red Border?

Another Robotech fan (yellowlightman), quoted : "I'm a Robotech fan, but I gotta say that recent efforts by HG have been universally disapointing. "

Most of his posts are in the other Anime/Science fiction forum...never in the Toy section where "We" Macross fans spend alot of time sharing our latest Yammy purchases. Die hard Macross fans I might add!

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Woah! Woah! Woah! Nice shootin' tex!

Seriously guys, try to keep the personal attacks to a minimum. You can argue a point strongly without calling people jackasses.

Fight smart, use your words.

Aren't you the one who wanted an M-16A1 with Nato standard 5.56 mm bullets for Christmas?

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

I've already got an SP1... all I need is the M203 and I'm in business! Heh heh heh... :p

Seriously though, owning guns does not make a person violent or aggressive. Calling people names does. Keep on your path of personal attacks and the mods will step in and end this little party toot sweet. I have no problem with you bashing a thing, just don't make it personal.

Another Robotech fan (yellowlightman), quoted : "I'm a Robotech fan, but I gotta say that recent efforts by HG have been universally disapointing. "

Most of his posts are in the other Anime/Science fiction forum...never in the Toy section where "We" Macross spend alot of time sharing our latest Yammy purchases. Die hard Macross fans I might add!

I don't know what crawled up your ass, or why you're trying to pick a fight with me when I was trying be helpful. In fact, the majority of the people you're ridiculling and harassing were trying to be helpful. Your current behavior isn't going to looked upon favorably, and we were trying to alert you to that fact. If you don't want are help, that's your business.

As for not being a "die hard" Macross fan, you're quite mistaken. Take a look at my sig. What's that? A MACROSS site that I spend my time and effort on? Oh, and look... a website where I donate my bandwidth (which I pay for, BTW) so that my fellow Macross fans can have a play to display their artwork online. That's not a "die hard" Macross fan?

Just because some of us (actually, MOST of us) have better things to do than post 35 messages in a day about how much Harmony Gold sucks, doesn't mean we aren't Macross fans. Stop been an eliteist, because you certainly won't win any friends over that way.

WARNING NUMBER 2.

Section IV: Robotech

Historically Robotech and Macross are connected.  However, Robotech is not part of Macross or Macross World.  Talk about Robotech will pop up from time to time.  Macross World is a place to discuss the Japanese Macross.  It is not the Robotech.com forum’s sister site.  This is not the place to discuss Robotech.  If there is discussion expect to see a more pro Macross stance and even people being critical of Robotech.  You will see intelligent comments and stupid ones.  If you don’t want see anything negative about Robotech go to Robotech.com.  You will see there is a forum here called ‘Robotech and other anime’ all discussions about Robotech and Harmony Gold belong there.  This includes discussions about their products.  The forums here are for Macross.

As a general rule if something about Robotech is in the news that is of interest all around it will be allowed in a few topics in another forum.

As for ‘bashing’ of Robotech it will happen.  We ask that you people actually have something to say.  A post that just says, ‘ Robotech sucks’ will likely get deleted.  Any comment that is a threat or consider cruel will be moderated.

Please don’t just come here to attack or to defend Robotech.  The forums are for the discussion and promotion of Macross.  Don’t make attacking or defending Robotech or Harmony Gold as your only reason for being here.

Section V:  Arguments and Flames.

Arguments and the Internet go together.  The Internet allows you to share ideas that others may not like.  It encourages debate.  The Internet also allows you distance and the protection to say a lot of things because you know no one can find you.  No one wants to see only flame wars.  To ban all sensitive topics would a shame.

People will talk about subjects you may not agree with.  If you want to debate with people fine.  Keep it a debate not a mindless argument.  There needs to be a subject.  The debate is not about the person your debating with.  If you have a past grudge with someone that belongs off the forums.  We ask you debate about a topic not the person your arguing against.  We do expect to see a little insults to appear between debaters.  Attack the person’s argument not the person.  The random poster that appears just to insult another poster may find their post deleted. 

Insults as general rule (expect for the truly offensive) can be said about an object, company or group.  Please don’t insult a specific person.  Many of these debates will need a moderator’s full attention to keep it under control.  The moderators have seen it all they a good idea of how a debate will turn out.  If a moderator is willing they will watch it.  If a moderator is unable to they may stop the debate.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...t=ST&f=20&t=142