Yamato 1/60 scale YF-19 problem thread.

Wicked Ace

The version that is the "YF-19 + fold booster" set from what I've heard should have most of the probs fixed last time I asked:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=513813

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=513938

It's the newer one you'd want to get if you are worried about the first release. Someone mumbled something about the neck hinge not necessarily being better but I can't verify that it is yet since I haven't got it yet.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Base on the info, Can I conclude that the Reissue or 2nd Issue of YF-19 (without Booster pack) has all the problems fixed?

May I ask whether the 25th ed. is better or the Original ver. better? Opinion & suggestion pls as I plan to get either one of them as my FIRST macross

In case any stress marks were to ever show up, they'd probably look less bad on the normal YF-19, versus the black 25th Anniversary. Stress marks will really show up on black.

It's really up to you what you like better. Don't go with what may be rarer or worth more down the line (unless you're the type that sells your stuff off later, I'm a pack rat). Go with your gut instinct on which you prefer more. Either way the 19 is a beauty. ;)

In case any stress marks were to ever show up, they'd probably look less bad on the normal YF-19, versus the black 25th Anniversary. Stress marks will really show up on black.

It's really up to you what you like better. Don't go with what may be rarer or worth more down the line (unless you're the type that sells your stuff off later, I'm a pack rat). Go with your gut instinct on which you prefer more. Either way the 19 is a beauty. ;)

Exactly! For me, I won't get something just because it is limited, I do have a Low vis 1 but it is because I like the paint scheme.

Just curious, if the two small spikes (behind the grey color plastic) being removed, will it cause the front from falling down?

The reason is as I think after removing it, it will make the transformation easier.

Another thing, if u look at the manual picture, diagram no.5 as show below, the small spikes being removed too.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/Y...iew/page_13.jpg

If there is any error or mistake, pls inform as I plan to mod to prevent damage or break cases

Edited by I.J

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Just bought a YF-19. Not sure which ed it is, it's got a straight as heck gunpod, but still has the wrongly canted gear :blink:

Before I try to transform it for the first time, for those who experienced the neck hinge breaking, did you guys follow the instructions on this page?

http://www.yamato-toys.com/dev/cont_002/index.html

photo1.jpg

This step specifically says that you should pull the neck to the front and bend the neck a bit to dislodge the locking part. The red text specifically states that there is a possibility of breakage if you bring down the neck to much.

photo2.jpg

This is exactly how it should look. The neck should not be bending more than that.

photo3.jpg

The pic specifically says in the red bold text that you must not bend the neck to the front. You should only slide it backwards horizontally.

The other pages are pretty self-explanatory. For those who've transformed the YF-19's neck, could the instructions help to avoid breakage of the neck hinge? seems that Yamato was aware this could be a possibility, that's why they posted this help page (and probably why they don't think it's a QC problem?)

Im pretty sure I got an original version YF-19 because the gunpod is always crooked when I mount it under the arm pegs in fighter mode. Anybody know an easy fix for this?

Edited by transfan52

Its getting pretty confusing, as I just bought a YF-19 from HLJ. Since they sold out long ago after first release, you would expect the current stock (a year & a half, as well as 3 reissues later) is at least the 2nd, if not the third re-issue stock. And mostly why I held out this long on the YF-19. But after finding out the stress marks on the 'neck' grey parts, as well as the crooked gunpod alignment, guess I was unlucky enough to get the 1st issue, unless Yamato never fixed the YF-19 single (non-booster set) releases. Hope the grey parts never fall apart. And I have floppy shoulder joints, loose upper arm swivels & a loose hip. Good that I can fix some of those with dental floss, tightening screws, and minor disassembling. Some screws are tricky to accss though. The YF-19 is in good shape now, and the yellow tab sanded down a bit. As long the the grey parts don't worsen and fall apart, I am ok with it. Might get some superglue to strengthen those parts late.

Guess I really got my 'lucky' draw this time. This plagued bird kept hunting me down, after one and a half years of avoiding it. But if it doesn't fall apart, Its a pretty darn beautiful bird, if not a bit floppy.

Edited by mpchi

BBTS has the 19 back up for pre-order, is this a reissue or just a restock from a warehouse find?

Yamato will be re-issuing it again in coming months. It should be the 3rd single reissue if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who dread "breaking" the neck, I highly recommend member Dyno's recast hinge pieces. These hold perfectly and do not require excessive effort for transformation -- and there are no stress marks after many, many transformations.

HLJ currently has the 1/60 YF-19 standalone in stock

Does anyone know if these are reissues with the fixes or old stock?

Yamato will be re-issuing it again in coming months. It should be the 3rd single reissue if I remember correctly.
Edited by Valkyrie23

HLJ currently has the 1/60 YF-19 standalone in stock

Does anyone know if these are reissues with the fixes or old stock?

Unless I am really unlucky, HLJ's current stuff is old stock. I just got a crooked gunpod version from them weeks ago, as well as loose shoulders and stressed 'neck' piece on the fighter than everybody complained about. For once, I suggest not to get the YF-19 from HLJ, even though I am their frequent customer.

I haven't been able to find the FP combo anywhere other than ebay. HLJ says that Yamato stopped making them. Hopefully, BBTS will have gotten the latest revision when their shipment comes in. I'll report back here once I receive mine to let you guys know!

Thanks for the heads up. I also want the FP version but I'm not sure thats going to be released. I'll keep an eye on the BBTS one.

Unless I am really unlucky, HLJ's current stuff is old stock. I just got a crooked gunpod version from them weeks ago, as well as loose shoulders and stressed 'neck' piece on the fighter than everybody complained about. For once, I suggest not to get the YF-19 from HLJ, even though I am their frequent customer.

• 4 weeks later...

What about their VF-0S Roy with Ghost booster? Is that the latest you can get with all fixes applied? Sorry to get a bit OT here. Just trying to figure out whether to buy more Zero valks, new 1/60 VF-1 valks, or plus valks. Damn it's so hard to keep track of it all..:(

Would be really good if yamato re-released the next batch of yf-19 with fast packs by default but not the fold booster with it. (make it so the fold booster is bought seperate, just like how you can buy the ghost booster seperate with macross zero valks)

I think it was a bad idea to have the FP of the 19 bundled with the fold now.

Damns straight it was a bad idea. For all new releases Yamato should incluide Valks respective FP's.

What they should have done was include the Fold, and Heavy Arms Platform that the YF-19 weilded briefly. I'd even buy that bundled pack,

as i wouldn't mind getting another FOLD for my 21 and painting it blue, of course Yamato could always do that themselves but i doubt they are that imaginative!

Plus the ehavy arms platform would rule... althought i can see the arms become extremely floppy.

I want Ghost X-9...........................................

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ghost-X9 with a limited edition guld pilot whose eyeballs have popped would be cool. :D (put "limited edition movie edition" version on the box) The reason to bundle him in with it is that "this is how guld defeated it". :p

Actually if they remake a "fold booster with yf-19" bundle, they can make a Myung figure and a Naked lucy figure (joking), along with a holographic naked Sharon Apple which tempted Yang into killing Dyson. (make it translucent :) )

Guld with fold booster combo gets the eyeball popped pilot. (he already had the free fast packs so getting less in the fold booster combo makes sense to me.) You get parts of some rocks that guld used to hide inside to sneak up on Dyson when he headed towards earth. It fits on like GBP armor.. :D

VF-11 doesn't get a fold booster combo obviously. Though I think it should get the atmospheric boosters as standard. Maybe have a dinobird figure. :D

I'm beginning to think about getting a new 19 the right bicep is loose that the fore arm keeps moving on it's and the shoulders keeps flopping down I think I may have to sell to someone to cover the cost for a new oneand after all that trouble of getting that new left hand after I got it with two right hands or was it two left hands. any way I still got that extra hand if any one wants it just e-mail me. should start a spare parts collection for collectors here.

• 1 month later...

I managed to fix the sloppy elbow joint I had on my YF-19 FP and the solution is really simple.

In some cases like mine the notch that locks the elbow together doesn't have enough pressure because the metal pin it swivels on isn't completely pressed into the plastic. transformation_6.jpg

To fix it I just dismantled the arm, took a small pipe wrench (because you can adjust it so the jaws are level with the plastic), wrapped some thread sealing tape around it and pressed that sucker in. Now my elbow is nice and tight again.

Now what still needs fixing are my loose knee swivel and shoulder joint.

I somehow managed to pop the index, middle, and ring finger off of one hand of my YF-19 while trying to transform it. Scared me sh!tless! Found the holding pin that popped out and stuck everything back together with the help of some needlenose pliers. I swear yesterday was not my day at handling valkyries!