Speaking of sexaroids:

http://www.physorg.com/news132727834.html

normally I would save that for science and technology thread but thought it was on topic to this thread too.

Just watching BBC again and I wanted to link two youtube vids to illustrate how much BBC reminds me of terminator. (ie same style of music used?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w35ylYNy0OY

..only japan is more comfortable about the robots as we see from all the super robot shows where they are heroes. :D One of the problems I have in robot shows is sometimes how colourful the robots are. The old bubblegum crisis was very dark and "Terminator 1" compared to the newer BBC. I wonder if yamato will make non-canon paintschemes of the knight sabers like they do with the macross toys? :D

The British Broadcasting Corporation reminds you of the Terminator?

Yeah. The lack of perfect transformation was a let down.

Also, they have Revoltech style joints but have pretty lousy poseability-possibilities. And they are teeny-tiny.

When the stand to a figure impresses you moe than the figure itself.....time to worry.

On the plus side, the moto-slave can be transformed into the Moto-roid (which isn't shown as a third transformation in the booklet but IS on the box and in the line-art in the back and on the box.

I just cancelled my pre-orders. After finding out how small they are, it's a major disappointment. For $68, I'd expect something bigger than six inches. Looks like BGC will never get the proper toy treatment this lifetime. I wouldn't mind creating my own customs, but I don't have the time to do it.

If anyone has photo comparisons, or links to said compare, that would be great.

Is it out? And it's not PT? Damn. I'm glad I didn't preordered the other chicks. I guess I'll stick to Priss until something better comes along.

Yep. The legs/top of the bike are completely detached. So is the underside of the bike and the cowl of the bike. before you even start transforming you have four separate pieces.

And the figure tends to fall apart all the time. The legs just come off when posing. And the RT style joints are a joke.

Yep. The legs/top of the bike are completely detached. So is the underside of the bike and the cowl of the bike. before you even start transforming you have four separate pieces.

And the figure tends to fall apart all the time. The legs just come off when posing. And the RT style joints are a joke.

Fawk!. And I recently cancelled my CMs Legioss preorder. If I cancel this one, Tam is going to hate me :unsure:

I wouldn't mind creating my own customs, but I don't have the time to do it.

i made my own out of an SOC aphrodai a few years ago...got sidetracked partway through though and never bothered finishing...it was actually turning out pretty decent though. Will probably revisit it again in the fall if i have time.

i made my own out of an SOC aphrodai a few years ago...got sidetracked partway through though and never bothered finishing...it was actually turning out pretty decent though. Will probably revisit it again in the fall if i have time.

Bring on the WIP photos. I can imagine that looking pretty decent.

Just a word about scale. I can't provide pics since I don't actually own one but my friends is pretty small. The Motoslave is about the same size as the MH Mospeada. However, Priss is about shoulder high to Stick.

So they're somewhat in scale with the Mega Houses? That's a point for the Motoslaves. One question: Can you see Priss' face? Is there an alternate head or something?

No alternate heads, sorry. Alternate hands tho (yay?) and alternate arm-gun.

I sat Priss on the Mospeada and she was actually too small for it to be honest.

Picked off 2chan... definitely looks more in-scale with CM's 1/18

Yep. Pretty disappointing attempt by Yammer-toe.

And it's odd that they don't show the the third mode in the instructions or on the box.

Basically, anyone who was p@#$ed off with the CM Mospeada will hate this. It's more money for less.

Yep. Pretty disappointing attempt by Yammer-toe.

And it's odd that they don't show the the third mode in the instructions or on the box.

Basically, anyone who was p@#$ed off with the CM Mospeada will hate this. It's more money for less.

I don't mind small, but if they are going to charge me that much money for something that small I expect it to be PT. This disapoints me in the same way megahouse disapointed me. Looks crappy and not even PT.

Question is........could they have made it PT at this scale. I would say yes.

And I have to say.......the Moto-roid just feels like i'm holding one of the Transformers Movie game character toys.

And has anyone ever noticed that when you connect the front cowl and the underbelly of the bike to form the chest of the Moto....it kind of looks like the faces of the Grass-hoppers from the movie "Bug's Life"

Edited by Alex

Still love BGC, still getting all four of them.

The Verdict:

Personally I like it, ideally I would be really happy if it had die-cast and an interchangeable Priss head. If you are a Bubblegum Crisis fan indulge yourself and get at least the Priss set or whichever is your favorite character. I could be content with just the Priss set but Yamato has a Boomer and A.D. Police figure campaign I simply just can’t pass up. In order to get these limited figures you will need proof of purchase from all four Knight Saber Moto Slave sets, to be eligible to get the campaign exclusives. If you are just a casual anime Mecha collector this set might not be for you, but it has my name written all over it.

What is this Boomer and A.D. Police figure? Is it a Japan only campaign?

It would be nice to have a larger scale version that was more anime correct with all that detail that is missing. Maybe 1/8 or 1/6 scale. That would be baddddd assssss. But it would probably run $200.

Why is it that on the Yamato site the only one that is shown in her motoslave is Priss? I want to see what the others will look like riding in the armored suit to see how the colors will go together.

Edit spelling.

Edited by miriya