MW's Yamato Expenditure

kensei

Hi guys,

Just spreading the word around that we would like to do a survey with our Macross Brothers over in SGCollect as well as TMPForums and Animepunch forums. The surveys are on how many valks that the fanbase has amassed up until the first Yamato toy till the current end of 2006 period.

Survey will shut down on the 26th of January 2007. So please get your numbers in! This is a limitation of the survey. I will still post updates on requests for info.

Macrossworld's Yamato Purchases Survey for All Products

I would like everyone to do this one, this gives a general overview.

The next ones below are only relevant to those that have purchased in the respective category. :D

Just enter Zero if you haven't got any. :)

Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Valkyrie Survey

Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-1 and Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale Quaedlunn Rau and Accessories Survey

Yamato 1/60 Scale Macross Zero Survey

Yamato 1/72 Macross Plus and VF-X2 Survey

Thanks, and I'll post the results after!

Best Regards,

Francis

QUOTE(Bulletin Box 30/12/2006 - 14:00 (GMT +8))

The 1/48 line is the best by far. So far without my addition, we've amassed >500 valks. After Godzilla, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d and I add ours, we should be over 700. Keep them coming people. PM a friend if you know that they got a big collection and haven't reported in! Yamato has poor sales on the VB-6 and the Q-Rau so far, as to be expected. VF-0 sales are respectable while people show caution in buying the new YF-19. 1/60 VF-1s and 1/72 lines still hold strong, over 250 and 150 toys respectively.

So far in the 1/48 section Roy is doing very well as expected. He is still in the lead, as fitting for a valk that is so iconic. But amazingly the CF is coming up close! It is an equal 9% with the VF-1S and 1A Hikaru. Following up' is the Max and the LV v1. So far the VF-1J Stealth has the wooden spoon award, but it's big brother the Super Stealth VF-1J is doing very well. The other Super VF-1Js Max, Millia and Hikaru are about the same with each other. Surprisingly, Max is the one that has to play catch up for them to be truly equal.

Edited by kensei

There is one main survey which you should do.

The others go more specifically into product variants. Such as the Yamato 1/48 Scale VF-1 Valkyrie Survey goes through every single VF-1 variant. This will give us an idea of which valk makes up the greater proportion of MW's inventory". There's a Q-Rau and a 1/72 M+ survey too, if you got those toys. If not, you don't have to look at them! :)

I think it should be the numbers you have now, as it is very difficult to track of who you sold to and what. I mean, at the very least, we can say that this is an underestimate of the sales rather than over.

I went with all I bought new. Because otherwise, if say a certain 1st ed YF-19 got swapped around between 5 different members here, and they all entered it--that's 5 times as many YF-19's as were actually sold from a dealer (and Yamato made money off of). I would suggest just stuff you bought that was new, whether you now own it or not.

Yeah I was afraid of the redundancy factor too. Best add the ones you have at the moment rather than the ones you sold, that same toy could have done the rounds again in the survey, like Dave said.

I got into trouble cause I forgot to duplicate a survey cause it hit the 50 response mark, and I would be able to review it. I bit the bullet and paid for the survey, but the good thing is that I only had to pay $10 USD cause I'm a student. :D

Hit me up with any other survey suggestions, make good use of this 1 month subscription.

Updated the bulletin box.

Edited by kensei

I'd be very interested to know the size of Yamato's production runs. For example, how many Low Vis 2's were made? Graham, any chance Yamato would give us a ballpark figure? Or is that out of the question? I realize they might not want to disclose that type of information, but it would be good to know

I hope Yamato's attention is directed to this thread. :) Perhaps Graham could let the Yamato people know we have pictures to back up our claims. Of course, Lord Kung Fu won't be helping out . <_<

Actually that is a good point. People could be freaking lyying on the survey...

I've been wondering about that too. Though, it does look like it keeps your name as you submit it (curious as to how it knew I was "Hurin").

I also wonder if it will allow us to submit twice (bad), or if it just over-writes our older submission (good).

Entered info at link provided but it didn't identify me by name. How did the survey know it was you Hurin? Did you register? Kensei says we don't have to to complete the form.

Haha! :lol:

I'm such a tool!

I thought that "references" below had gone out somehow and gotten my MW username (or actually, the "name" of my computer since that's what I call it at home). But, of course, I couldn't figure out how it could (safely) do that because it wasn't. I see now that it's just making "reference" to my "exhaustive release list" post and it appears there for everyone. D'oh!

Face. . . getting. . . more. . . red.

It's cool. If anyone enters something silly, such as 130 pcs of the 1/48s, then I can delete that entry. :p There is another way to prevent duplicate entries, but I won't say how until after the survey is finished.

Edited by kensei