1/48 GBP

izzyfcuk

This is going to be blasphemous, I know, but I DESPISE this armor but with these colors, it looks pretty nice.

Typically, this is when I'd smote you for blasphemy and send you to the place where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth, but it sounds like you may have begun to see the light. :ph34r:

Geez, am I tired of this crap.

You know, I don't think that it would really look good with either of the two best candidates for that armour, the Stealth or the Low Viz I.

I might give it a miss. I would like to see someone do a good custom VF-1 to go with it though.

Edited by kensei

Thanks! You know, I forgot I also have the VF-1A Angelbirds and that's sitting naked at the moment as well... I think that thing looks better nekked though too! Man, I really hope we're about to hear about a new VF-1 Release (crossing fingers for gray TV Focker VF-1S)

I am actually holding off a second DYRL Roy VF-1S in *hope* that there'll be the grey TV VF-1S, equipped with matching grey TV hands. And the TV version Roy pilot of course ^_^

The whiter DYRL Roy VF-1S would then be decorated to a TV Hikaru VF-1S.

BTW, does anyone have green Fast Packs? Was wondering if there were different green and blue colors releases, as mine are definiately blue (under sunlight).

I don't understand why everyone thinks the the VF-1S from the TV series is supposed to be gray. I know Taka/Bandai release two VF-1S's back in the day, one gray and one white, but that doesn't make it canon right? I might be wrong, but I just watched the TV series recently and it (the VF-1S) looks pretty white to me.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the the VF-1S from the TV series is supposed to be gray. I know Taka/Bandai release two VF-1S's back in the day, one gray and one white, but that doesn't make it canon right? I might be wrong, but I just watched the TV series recently and it (the VF-1S) looks pretty white to me.

This has always been my view as well. I keep trying to look for a grey VF-1S in the TV series, but I haven't seen one yet.

BTW, does anyone have green Fast Packs? Was wondering if there were different green and blue colors releases, as mine are definiately blue (under sunlight).

Nah, all the DYRL Strike parts are definitely blue, they never made them in a greenish hue.

I might be mistaken but there were more difference beside the color (like the arrows on the head I believe were painted differently). I think the idea is also that in DYRL the VF-1S is a very bright white where in the TV show it appears to be an off-white (a hint of gray). I don't believe there's ever a straight GRAY VF-1S though. Then again, it might just be because I'm not watching the remastered version... yet :)

i don't get why everyone thinks there needs to be a matching valk for this armor?

even if they made the enigma, what kind of "details" are going to be visible when you slap the armor on?

the biceps, the hands, the feet, the head....and i think thats it. :huh:

besides, i'd rather have yamato releasing new stuff before going with yet another rehashed/repainted VF-1.

i don't get why everyone thinks there needs to be a matching valk for this armor?

even if they made the enigma, what kind of "details" are going to be visible when you slap the armor on?

the biceps, the hands, the feet, the head....and i think thats it.

While you're right about how little of the valk you actually see, I think having a light gray valk within the armor would benefit the overall presentation (head, hands, arms would all match the GBP). How lame would it be to just clamor for a light gray valk though? Instead we clamor for a valk that is also cool on its own. Maybe Yamato makes an Enigma and people buy 2, one for the matching GBP and one to stand on its own (which I think had to be thought with the GBPII).

besides, i'd rather have yamato releasing new stuff before going with yet another rehashed/repainted VF-1.

Any rehash Yamato does is just making money for them at this point to put toward other releases. I don't think we'd be getting another repainted VF-1 INSTEAD of some other cool toy, I think we'd be getting another VF-1 to FACILITATE another cool toy. So, if I have to buy a super cool Enigma Valk to help me get a super cool 1/60 VF-11B then darn it, I'm happy to help!

While you're right about how little of the valk you actually see, I think having a light gray valk within the armor would benefit the overall presentation (head, hands, arms would all match the GBP). How lame would it be to just clamor for a light gray valk though? Instead we clamor for a valk that is also cool on its own. Maybe Yamato makes an Enigma and people buy 2, one for the matching GBP and one to stand on its own (which I think had to be thought with the GBPII).

Any rehash Yamato does is just making money for them at this point to put toward other releases. I don't think we'd be getting another repainted VF-1 INSTEAD of some other cool toy, I think we'd be getting another VF-1 to FACILITATE another cool toy. So, if I have to buy a super cool Enigma Valk to help me get a super cool 1/60 VF-11B then darn it, I'm happy to help!

i hear ya. :) let me just say, while i prefer them to release new toys, thats not to say it wouldn't buy a cool repaint like the enigma. i'd rather not but it would be very hard to resist a valk that is that unique.

now my main issue with something like the enigma scheme would be the paint wear. just look at the angel bird, i think you and i both got ones where the paint chipped off on the hips from just releasing the legs from fighter mode....i can't get down with that. so if they made the enigma, i would imagine it would chip in an instant unless they molded the color into the plastic(which is what they should've done for the AB) but doesn't seem possible since its a very complex paint scheme. :(

As much as I would love a 1/48 Enigma scheme, I have to wonder if it would or even could happen. So far other than the LVII and Stealth which were Yamato creations, the only non canon paint schemes (LV1 and now this Enigma GBP-1S) Yamato has directly "Borrowed" From fan creations have been repaints of Yamato products. Unfortunately the VF-1 Enigma scheme was on a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1. I'm speculating Yamato can, or is only willing to "copy" schemes that have been done to one of their products. I hope I'm wrong, but it makes one wonder.

I think the TV Super VF-1J 1/48 was green colored. I'll need to check but I think it is.

Yeah, they're green. Twin Moons has some pics of them.

http://www.tmpforums.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/559

Yeah, they're green. Twin Moons has some pics of them.

That's just a lighting effect. Here are some pics I took for my reviews on anymoon.com, DYRL parts on the left in the first couple)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here are the TV fast packs in brighter light, not green, just a lighter shade of that off-blue used for the DYRL parts.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The TV Fastpacks are just a slightly lighter shade of the same.

Yamato has directly "Borrowed" From fan creations have been repaints of Yamato products. Unfortunately the VF-1 Enigma scheme was on a Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1

It's my understanding that there are many types of Enigma schemes or "engima-like" schemes. I think Yamato would have a ton of wiggle-room.

As to the paint issue, the Angelbirds definitely did chip on mine as well :(. Still, Yamato has improved their painting ability by no small margin and maybe they're learning which areas to leave as molded plastic and which areas have far less risk of paint chipping (ie. don't paint the friggin hips!).

Edited by jenius

dude. scroll up... wink.gif

Yeah, I know. I've seen several 1/48 Enigma schemes made by various MW members, but what I was talking about was the original which was actually published in Oct 2001 Model Graphix. So far Yamato has only used published schemes on their own products not random fan customs and as I said, the original Enigma was on a hasegawa. Sorry about that, should have made it clearer. ;)

You know as the OP David Hingtgen put it in the title thread, i think this new GBP design would actually go pretty nicely with the Meteor Busters paint scheme. Since i'm at work i don't have a pic, but from what i remember i think it would be a nearly perfect fit. Too bad none of us actually own one... at least an original that is. <_<

EDIT:

IPB Image

Forgot i had it in my photobucket album. Hmm, that doesn't exactly fit like i thought it would. I thought i remember it being light gray throughout in valk mode, ahh well. :mellow:

Edited by Veritas

That's just a lighting effect. Here are some pics I took for my reviews on anymoon.com, DYRL parts on the left in the first couple)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Here are the TV fast packs in brighter light, not green, just a lighter shade of that off-blue used for the DYRL parts.

IPB Image

IPB Image

The TV Fastpacks are just a slightly lighter shade of the same.

Man, that sucks, how is the layman gonna get hold of a TV 'lighter shade of blue' Fast Packs, if it only comes with the VF-1J combo? ^_^

The Fast Pack 'arms' are obviously different too, not just in color.

i believe that waw a "contest" valk prize from one of the magazines, can't remember which one though,

The mag sorta showcased all the previous macross toys, it also had an interview with shoji

Was that a Yamato 1/48 repaint exclusive to the magazine's contest?

Man, that sucks, how is the layman gonna get hold of a TV 'lighter shade of blue' Fast Packs, if it only comes with the VF-1J combo?

Therein lies the incentive to sell your standard Hikaru 1J (should you have one) and buy the super combo when it gets reissued. There was a guy selling three Super 1J Hikarus on eBay for $169.99 not too long ago. I'm sure you could have bought one and sold the box and valk to someone on here for like $110 or something. Anyway, that's what it's going to take... a little creativity and, as always, CASH! :D

Was that a Yamato 1/48 repaint exclusive to the magazine's contest?

I'm 99 % sure like izzyfcuk pointed out that yeah it was for a magazine contest. I think there's only like 16 or 20? I can't remember what you had to do in order to win the valk (other than living in Japan of course <_<), but i've never seen pics of one other than that magazine cut that i posted.