What @#$%ing! ship is this?

Ok,

I've already noted there are several ship types that do not conform to the standard Zentraedi type ship, including a few that showed up in Do You Remember, Love? as Meltrandi ships (and are even seen in SDF Macross in Meltrandi purple hull colouration). What I want to know is what in the frell is this ship and what its classification is, if any?

IPB Image

I wouldn't be surprised if, under close scrutiny, more references and anime 'in-jokes' will be spotted in DYRL. It was produced pre-digital age, and as the movie already has the beer-missiles...

It's not a ship. It's a large-sized mecha.

I believe it is called the Golg Gants Charts (going by http://macross.anime.net//mecha/index.html )

This website calls it the Heavy Figher: http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/dyrl/heavyfighter.htm (there's an image of it.)

This one (RPG stats, but it has multiple line-art views of the vessel) refers to it as a Golg Gants Charts (Heavy Attacker): http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/zentraedi_golggants.html

It appears again, apparently in DYRL, but I don't think its the Golg Gants. If I had to guess, maybe at least 100m in length/width, if not more.

Here is a grainy pic of it from DYRL, but of course it doesn't shed anymore light onto how big it is.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m77/Bro...ntraediship.jpg

IT'S AN ARWING! STARFOX IS GONNA KICK SOME ZENTRAN ASS!

:)

Seriously, I know it's the wrong time period and everything, but that IS what it looks like in that pic.

It appears again, apparently in DYRL, but I don't think its the Golg Gants. If I had to guess, maybe at least 100m in length/width, if not more.

Here is a grainy pic of it from DYRL, but of course it doesn't shed anymore light onto how big it is.

Its probably a Meltran ship, a command ship class probably.

link

As for the first pic, its the Arcadia :ph34r: (hides)

It's not a Meltran ship as it appears only with Zentradi forces. Also, the Meltran ship isn't what were are referring to. The Meltran ship int he picture looks nothing like the Zentran ship in question. Watch the DYRL battle scene in the beginning where the fight reaches the Macross. You can see a few of these Zentran ships blasting away at the Macross.

It appears to be a Zentradi ship as drawn with the wings from Harlock's Arcadia.

IPB Image

Another clearer shot of the Arcadia... you know with all the impossible situations Leiji Matsumoto has come up with for Harlock to be in while still saying it's the same universe and same harlock... I'd almost accept that he could have been at the battle against Bodolza! :lol:

Edited by lord_breetai

it is as previously state/shown from a front angle Captain Harlock's Arcadia here... compare it's just flying upside down compared to the rest of the fleet :lol: but it's the same ship.

Looks a little short and stubby to be the Arcadia plus the rear isn't the same shape.

Isn't that the Zentran macross canon gunship?

I could be wrong.... :blink:

Though I DO want to know where the arcadia is in DYRL love (assuming it IS in there to begin with)... Lord Brettai

Edited by Zinjo

Isn't that the Zentran macross canon gunship?

I could be wrong.... :blink:

Though I DO want to know where the arcadia is in DYRL love (assuming it IS in there to begin with)... Lord Brettai

While the small guncannon/ship does have wings they aren't pointed like that and is shaped differently.

post-401-1161792134_thumb.gif

Hey cool! Another thing I can extraploate on and stick in the M:DYRL? mod

It's got the Arcadian wings, but it's much too short and stubby to be the Arcadia herself. Looks like it even has legs from here.

As for the Arcadia...well...some day someone's going to compile a list of sightings on this ship. I wonder if they continue...