Transformer Starscream Masterpiece has arrived!

kentgh

Starscream_5.jpg

At least Takara took the liberty to provide the stand, not like Yamato who sold it seperately :p

Questions I must ask: How much is it, and will it be avaliable her in the States?

Questions I must ask: How much is it, and will it be avaliable her in the States?

I got it in Singapore. It cost me approx. US$90. It should arrive in the States soon (Singapore is nearer to Japan so we get it sooner :p ).

What's the metal content? Is it heavy?

And what up with the color? It looks green to me.

It's very light. When I carry the box it feels empty. I was quite shocked by the weight as compared with MP-04. The only metal parts are the struts of the landing gears/airbreak & the base frame, which accounts for less than 10% of the whole toy. Everything is plastic.

The color is like bluish green...

Edited by kentgh

The colour of this figure seems pretty dependant on the lighting. He looks really stunning in HLJs new pictures IMO (Top half only, bottom half is stock photos).

IPB Image

I also want a picture of him next to a 1/48 VF-1 and 1/60 VF-0! A translated scan from a couple days ago says he's 1/60 scale but someone over at TFW2005 couldn't find any indication on the packaging or booklet. Perhaps you could take a measurement and someone could figure out the scale?

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6528

Wow, I'm relieved. I was wondering if they would do a Thundercracker, and it looks like they already have... :mellow:

BBTS and places like that reported this thing would be in by October 2nd, for the 'States.

I don't get it. They colored the MP Prime just as the cartoon version, I don't see why they couldn't have colored Starscream gray, complete with ridiculous blue and red accents. The "realism" arguement doesn't apply here, as we're talking about cartoon characters that just happen to resemble Earth vehicles...

Edited by myk

The color kind of bummed me out, but how do you like it so far? Does it feel solid enough or it got that feeling something will snap out anytime soon? Does the missiles come out?

Any changes we can get some jet pics next to a yammie 1/48? :)

Everything looks solid to me during the transformation process, except that some parts are a bit hard to move or to get it snap out during the transformation process. Sometimes you feel that you gonna break it.

It's a very tight package and when I transforms it back to the fighter mode some of the parts/joints does not fit back in properly. :unsure:

Kudos to Shoji/Takara to be able to come out this, keeping the porportion of the aircraft & the robot mode intact. :D

Will try to take some pics together with the 1/48 yammie when i get back home tonite.

Everything looks solid to me during the transformation process, except that some parts are a bit hard to move or to get it snap out during the transformation process. Sometimes you feel that you gonna break it.

It's a very tight package and when I transforms it back to the fighter mode some of the parts/joints does not fit back in properly. :unsure:

Kudos to Shoji/Takara to be able to come out this, keeping the porportion of the aircraft & the robot mode intact. :D

Will try to take some pics together with the 1/48 yammie when i get back home tonite.

How about some shots of the transformation process?

Thanks!

Luck was not with me on this one. My MP-SS had a bum leg... stuck! Simply wouldn't extend. I like the overall execution even if it's a bit light - the only metal is in the ribcage and a couple of actuators/linkage arms. But I'm more bummed out over the ghastly gaps in the front bulges of the 'FAST packs'... really detracts from the superb disguise! Also, the 'switch face' gimmick is not easy to do... you need to flip up the head and pluck/tease the face down a central peg, rotate it 180-degrees and push it back up. Trouble is, the face-piece is very tight, plucking at SS' chin might cause scratches.

In the end, I sent mine back to the shop. As stocks are reserved/low, the seller has promised to attempt 'repairing' the bum leg first. I got a feeling I'll have to wait it out for new stocks in a couple weeks' time.

Oh, I paid SGD130 (~82USD).

7/10 - inspite of all the heartache, as compared to an instant 10/10 when I first handled MP-01.

I like it, I'd buy it as-is. However, I'm waiting to see if there's an American release. If there is, I would not put it past Hasbro to recolour it. They gave the American release of MP Prime a battle worn look that was different from the Japanese release.

Doesnt look that bad. So the colors are not what they are. Oh well. I like the way they put in the realism. I am sure some one will make a custom SS in anime colors. I can understand why they did with SS and not OP. Fighter jets are not suppose to be that frigging obvious. Defeats the purpose of military camoflage. As a truck, OP is just a commercial truck. Those are not colored to anything specific. I like the decepticon emblem is put in instead of the star on the US insigna. Nice touch. I definitely like the 4x sidewinders.

i was kind of guessing it would be around the same size as prime.. which would make it close enough to 1/48 valk size.

If it's significantly smaller thta means it will be too small for it to be a good enemy for prime and certainly too small to display in vehicle mode next to truck-prime