The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Proving yet again, it's always better to wait at least a year on new systems.

Er....how so? I mean, seriously, the straps are not the problem. Have you seen any of the videos of the people who have tossed their remotes through their televisions? It's all carelessness and people whipping the remote as hard as they possibly can.

The only reasons to wait a year on a new console is when the console does not have any worthwhile games at launch, or when it comes from a company known for hardware issues for the first year or two of a new console. Neither of which applies to the Wii.

Er....how so? I mean, seriously, the straps are not the problem. Have you seen any of the videos of the people who have tossed their remotes through their televisions? It's all carelessness and people whipping the remote as hard as they possibly can.

The only reasons to wait a year on a new console is when the console does not have any worthwhile games at launch, or when it comes from a company known for hardware issues for the first year or two of a new console. Neither of which applies to the Wii.

Worthwhile games...Zelda is on the Cube. Other than that...everything else, like PS3 and 360 launch is kinda blah.

Worthwhile games...Zelda is on the Cube. Other than that...everything else, like PS3 and 360 launch is kinda blah.

I disagree with that statement. I'm finding that the games are fun like Monkey Ball, Red Steel, Call of Duty, etc. I have been playing them and I'm hooked, the games are fun it's just nobody takes the damn system too seriously, besides the fact that they throw their Wiimotes too damn hard.

With a knew era of games coming out for the Wii next year, it's going to keep on coming, and sooner or later we are going to get another Zelda for the system. An example would be SMS Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, and SM Galaxy. Those games are next and the ones right now will be enough to satisfy me until they come out.

Be a little positive, stop mentioning Zelda in every post. :(

I disagree with that statement. I'm finding that the games are fun like Monkey Ball, Red Steel, Call of Duty, etc. I have been playing them and I'm hooked, the games are fun it's just nobody takes the damn system too seriously, besides the fact that they throw their Wiimotes too damn hard.

With a knew era of games coming out for the Wii next year, it's going to keep on coming, and sooner or later we are going to get another Zelda for the system. An example would be SMS Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Project H.A.M.M.E.R, and SM Galaxy. Those games are next and the ones right now will be enough to satisfy me until they come out.

Be a little positive, stop mentioning Zelda in every post. :(

Zelda is a positive. :p The difference is I have all the systems and compare them to each other...Wii more fun? No...it's no more fun than the others. Fun is an opinion...I don't get any more fun out of the novelty of the Wiimote than using an ordinary controller...different yes...more fun? Once the novelty wore off...not really. Do I wish I was using a Wiimote to control my games on the other systems? Nope. I'll stop mentioning Zelda (which is a good game albeit, a port) when you stop claiming this is the end all be all of game systems...it''s not. Neither is your magical PS2 that plays your VFX2 import. We never got that picture btw. :p

I'm sorry but that's the truth. I don't see it. If you have fun with it then great. It's just not quite doing it for me and though it's way to early to say...this would definitely not be my console of choice to play the games I like.

But I must say watching people box in Wii Sports is again, the funniest moment in gaming history. Kudos. As for the rest of Wii Sports...way too shallow and not very responsive as I had hoped. A sequel could be very interesting though.

Red Steel? Are you serious?

I've played Rayman and Trauma Center....Rayman is many minigames. Trauma Center....was ok.

Rented Excite Truck and DBZ: Budokai T 2...DBZ won't let you play past 4 feet in front of your TV no matter what settings you have it on. And to go off on a bit...anyone out there figure it out? Maybe I'm missing something on this one...I have to walk up to my screen about 4 feet in front before the message that says you are too far away will go away. anything farther and it appears...even though it will actually still control and you can play with a dark overlay on the screen telling you you are too far away.

Excite Truck...well...it was alright...no different than other launch race games for other systems with the exception of the graphical handicap.

Edited by Gaijin

tomorrows the day, I guess most stores are getting less then a "dozen", but if you come across a store with anything higher then 8, consider yourself lucky.

After work I'm gonna do some stuff to prep up my camping deal, get a lil bit of sleep then check things out at about 3/4 AM and if no ones in line I'll stick around, if ppl are in line and it's over 6, I'm kissing my chances goodbye.

tomorrows the day, I guess most stores are getting less then a "dozen", but if you come across a store with anything higher then 8, consider yourself lucky.

After work I'm gonna do some stuff to prep up my camping deal, get a lil bit of sleep then check things out at about 3/4 AM and if no ones in line I'll stick around, if ppl are in line and it's over 6, I'm kissing my chances goodbye.

I shoulda sold you mine. :)

Yeah, I gotta agree with the others. Zelda is actually the least played Wii game I have so far. Every weekend, I've got my apartment full of people and we're playing Excite Truck, Rayman, and Wii Sports. All three of which are exceptional group games. Excite Truck primarily because it's not like other launch racing titles. I can't think of many racing games were actually winning the race is one of the lowest priorities.

Of course, I can see all of these games losing much of their appeal if you can't get other people over to play in the first place.

Rayman and Trauma center are also worth looking into.

Trauma center got delayed here in the UK at the last minute and now on;t be out until Jan sometime.

I was hoping to have this one at my new years party as it would have gone down a storm, who doesn't want to pretend to defibulate people...

Yeah, I gotta agree with the others. Zelda is actually the least played Wii game I have so far. Every weekend, I've got my apartment full of people and we're playing Excite Truck, Rayman, and Wii Sports. All three of which are exceptional group games. Excite Truck primarily because it's not like other launch racing titles. I can't think of many racing games were actually winning the race is one of the lowest priorities.

Of course, I can see all of these games losing much of their appeal if you can't get other people over to play in the first place.

Rayman I could see good as a party game...but I can't find more Wiimotes or nunchucks anywhere. Wii Sports boxing would be good too...maybe that's why no one here finds it much fun beyond the initial novelty...we only have one controller and nunchuck. As a single player game, it certainly gets old. The hunt for more nunchucks and Wiimotes have been going on since launch for me. None of the stores in my area got anything beyond 6 nunchucks and a handful of remotes since the launch.

Edited by Gaijin

Ouch, yeah, that will certainly do it. I nabbed an extra nunchuck and remote day one, as did each of my friends who managed to get a system. Between the group of us it hasn't been hard to get 4 controllers together.

On the other hand, turn based games let you use a single controller, passing it between the different players. That's pretty much all of Rayman, aside from hitting the shooter levels with co-op.

Boxing, though, that's actually the worst of the Wii Sports games. It really seems like it was tacked on. The control just isn't there and it can get frustrating. Getting four people for tennis, bowling, or golf, is much more fun. Tennis is my favourite.

I'm leaving here in an hour and a half and campin outisde for 13 hours just so I know I can get one....I'm really that desperate right now to make it a christmas present. My only problem is I couldn't get anyone to come with me for backup if something happens....this is really really sucky.

I'm leaving here in an hour and a half and campin outisde for 13 hours just so I know I can get one....I'm really that desperate right now to make it a christmas present. My only problem is I couldn't get anyone to come with me for backup if something happens....this is really really sucky.

Hardcore...I wouldn't camp for anything.

Yeah, he's been through alot trying to get this thing. I hope he succeeds, finally... :mellow:

Meanwhile, a so-called "friend" of mine is trying to sell me a PS3 for $800!

Jerk...

Edited by myk

13 hours is a long time to go without taking a piss.

He would have to worry about BO before that.

Yeah, he's been through alot trying to get this thing. I hope he succeeds, finally... :mellow:

Meanwhile, a so-called "friend" of mine is trying to sell me a PS3 for $800!

Jerk...

My teacher is selling his PS3 at $800 too, he has three of them(You know how).

Also production seems up a bit too, I saw some security guard at EB walk off with a PS3 in the bag.

It too does piss me off that people are still selling it overpriced.

Edited by Ishimaru

GOOD LUCK Hikuro.

Sorry ya couldn't find anyone to bring with ya.

I hope you've brought something to keep ya busy.

Wiivolution!

I just goto back from 13 hours of waiting in line in 20 degree freezing weather, my joints are stiff as hell, my nose is running and I'm afraid I might be catching my cold again.

So out of those 13 hours, 5 Wii's were in stock, and I was number 1. I bought the Wii and a classics controler.

I am set for christmas.

Wiivolution!

I just goto back from 13 hours of waiting in line in 20 degree freezing weather, my joints are stiff as hell, my nose is running and I'm afraid I might be catching my cold again.

So out of those 13 hours, 5 Wii's were in stock, and I was number 1. I bought the Wii and a classics controler.

I am set for christmas.

Congratulations. I assume you bought a game as well.

Wiivolution!

I am set for christmas.

Congrates! BTW where/which store did you waited?

My Wii is poorly. :(

The wireless internet gizmodery inside it is refusing to work properly, since I took it out of my apartment and round to my mates last weekend it has been unable to connect and permently stares at me with it's evil mode cyclopian eye!

Seriously though, the wireless connection worked like a charm when I got it the Friday before last and now it doesn't. I hope it won't have to go back as I just finished Zelda in the early hours of sunday morning.

Gonna call Ninty later on today and see what they say.

Congratualtions Hikuro, glad to hear you got one at long last. That's gotta be the most well deserved Wii yet.

Edited by Fort Max

People in line were shocked that someone would hang outside for 13 hours when it's below freezing for one of these.

Luckily we closed up work early that night so it gave me lots of time to prepare, sleeping bag, lawn chair, hot food, well fueled car incase I needed a blast of heat.

Then just before midnight the first guy showed up, he was a nice guy, we both huddled in our cars at about 2 AM to get some heat, then before we realized it it was 3, and another guy showed up who I used to work with at FRY's. Since employees there aren't allowed to get Wii's or PS3's till Feburary, he decided to come here.

Then at 4 the next guy showed up, and at 5 the final abled guy appeared who was going to give (not sell but give) his to a radio station for aucition for Make a Wish foundation to repay them for all the help they did for his 5 year old son whose had a bad form of cancer having a kidney and a chunk of his lung removed.

Around 8, you could hear a small group of Target buyers cheering, but they got muffled REAL quick by the larger group who didn't get the Wii's. Rumor had it there were suppose to be 23 units, and only 18 of them confirmed...so lots of ppl were crying Foul.

So some of the large group came over here, but quickly left when they found out the first 5 ppl waiting in line were getting the Wii....some stayed to get a PS3 instead.......and some stayed thinking they could "Get one" even though they were number 20 or so in line.

One girl just before I left said she'd give me 500 dollars, told her "Since you're cute, I'd make a different offer for it. But sorry, this is a christmas present not paid with my own cash. Good luck in Feburary :p"

lol Some guy patted me on the back going "You are officially a man" I just looked at him going "Nah, I'm officially insane for doing something like this."

You'd officially be a man if you had accepted another form of "payment" from her, but then kept the Wii anyway.

'Congrats on the Wii!

lol haha I should of, she was pretty cute, but she was like nearly last in line. I think, I can't remember, she said she was trying to get it for her boyfriend for christmas and how he would be pissed off if he didn't get it.

Hmph, if she really wanted it she knew what she had to do :p haha.

Yeah....surviving in crazy 13 hours of weather, I'm glad it didn't turn out like it did today, we're well below freezing in my area of oregon, but no snow or anything, just fog and lots of frost and ice....atleast I'll be warm and happy with my wii. My only gripe is being able to get online cause I don't have wireless abilities here....and I don't think my provider is able to do wireless......