Thoughts On 1/48 Hikaru Vf-1s Reissue

gingaio

I bought one about 6 months ago ... no problems at all. It is a sweet toy and I love it. And I am sure you can get it for a decent price.

Upgrade to the 1/48 scale mate, trust me, you will love it. I started with the Bandai 1/55, then got a Crapnami 1/55 MPC, then the 1/48 Yamato - it is truely the best rendition of a Macross valkyrie hands down.

:)

Edited by Vermillion21

Aint that the truth! Accept no substitute. Go with the 1/48.

You guys that haven't experienced holding a 1/48 in your own hands are envied by everyone that has.

It's like a 2nd first kiss or something lol. :D

In the mail tomorrow i will have my 4th 1/48. You NEVER look back. :p

425538[/snapback]

I just recently scored a second edition VF-1S Hikaru off EvilBay at a very good price. The only things I could find "wrong" on it were a slightly crooked skull of the left tail fin and a pilot seat that is a bit askew (+/- 3 deg. off of perfect alignment), but both of these glitches are endemic on most 1/48s of the 1S variety and do not detract form the beauty of the toy.

I'd say go for it, you will not be disappointed. But be advised... you will probably want to get the Super/Strike Armor parts to complete the look of this particular beastie.

Mine (2nd issue) had some problems with wobbly knees. Not Toynami MPC-floppy, but the ratchets had a bit more play than any of the other 1/48s I've handled. I haven't heard anyone else complain about this, so I must have a dud. I managed to fix the knee problem, and it is still the coolest un-modded toy I've owned.

If you have never seen a 1/48 up close, just be prepared for the fact that the paint lines may not be as crisp as you're used to with 1/55s.

I'd say go for it, you will not be disappointed.  But be advised... you will probably want to get the Super/Strike Armor parts to complete the look of this particular beastie.

425925[/snapback]

I second this. The 1/48 just looks a thousand times better with the FASTPACKS on! See for yerself :) !

post-1442-1155945994_thumb.jpg

post-1442-1155946483_thumb.jpg

post-1442-1155946525_thumb.jpg

Edited by connor99

me too, I got Miria's red colored Fast Packs for use on my Hikaru 1S :)

kinda in the background:

dsc018399to.jpg

427110[/snapback]

You just had to show a pic with a MAX 1S CUSTOM in it :angry: , man I'm so envious :lol::D !!! Those MIRIA FP's don't look too shabby on the 1S either!

Edited by connor99

Of the DYRL valks, I think a Max type would look best with the Stealth FPs in fighter mode, with the blue skull on the booster pack. The blue would really set off the black, gray, and metallic paint on the FPs. I'm pretty much in the black-skull-for-Hikaru -1S camp.

Chowser, any chance of fighter mode pics of your Max -1S w/ the Stealth packs :D ? Otherwise, I'll have to buy another Roy to customize and do it myself.

Of the DYRL valks, I think a Max type would look best with the Stealth FPs in fighter mode, with the blue skull on the booster pack. The blue would really set off the black, gray, and metallic paint on the FPs. I'm pretty much in the black-skull-for-Hikaru -1S camp.

Chowser, any chance of fighter mode pics of your Max -1S w/ the Stealth packs  :D ? Otherwise, I'll have to buy another Roy to customize and do it myself.

427150[/snapback]

will do it later today, waiting for the carpet man and stove man to bring stuff to my house. :)

i was thinking Stealth packs on my Max TV-1A custom too :)

I think FPS looks nice on vf-1s and maybe vf-1j (its ok on the stealth), but somehow, it doesnt go well with my vf-1a (neither the black nor the green fps)

Can you guys give your points on this.

Well that tears it, I'll have to get a Max to put the stealth packs on - those yellow nukes really clash, however. Gotta paint the tips.

Back on topic- get the Hikaru 1S, you won't regret it (esp if you get the fastpacks).

427295[/snapback]

• 3 weeks later...

This is the QC problem I have with my Hikaru 1S. The two small tabs/pegs that holds the backpiece in place so that the hook thing can hold the backpack in place especially with the FPs are not present. So there is no support at all if you put the FPs on without the white piece that came with it. Both my Hikaru Reissue is like that and I recall someone mentioning about it as well.

Pics from Sebastian post to show what I mean.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=34511

This is the QC problem I have with my Hikaru 1S. The two small tabs/pegs that holds the backpiece in place so that the hook thing can hold the backpack in place especially with the FPs are not present. So there is no support at all if you put the FPs on without the white piece that came with it. Both my Hikaru Reissue is like that and I recall someone mentioning about it as well.

Pics from Sebastian post to show what I mean.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=34511

Hope this isn't common! I am thinking of grabbing one the the re-issues down the track.

I think FPS looks nice on vf-1s and maybe vf-1j (its ok on the stealth), but somehow, it doesnt go well with my vf-1a (neither the black nor the green fps)

Can you guys give your points on this.

1As look best w/ the super pack (no strike cannon), a la the opening battle in DYRL. Re-watch Max man-handling that regult and giving the soldier's face the gattling gun treatment - to me, that's the super 1A in action at its finest. The low-vis 1A is a bit plain looking to make the normal or stealth FPs work IMHO.

Count my reissue as one that did NOT have this problem, so it may just be a hit or miss problem with newer 1/48s, possibly due to mold degradation?

Found the post on the other person who brought this QC up as well but it was for a VF-1A Hikaru Reissue.

The same happened to my VF-1S Hikki. I use the white piece that came with the Fast Packs.

So I think it's not an isolated problem.

Ah yes this issue. I suggest that you guys that still have these tabs to push your backplate in one side at a time, to prevent wear. I know that my 1 st edition after 4 years started to wear off into nothingness.