Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

don't forget

Batman and Robin

He was hot as Mr. Freeze...

which was half the problem... <_<

Uh... anyone remember my other post in this thread?

EHVERYBAHDY FREEZE

Vostok 7

we were just telling Opus which guvenoh flicks he missed...

Just a thought, and this is movie related as well as Arnie related... THERE IS A POLITICAL COMMENT TO FOLLOW, BUT IT IS LIGHTHEARTED AND MOVIE RELATED, It's a polite jab at Arnie and his movie cronies.

Here's hoping he doesn't name any of his past movie buddies to top government positions.

I can see it now....

Lieutenant Governor - Sven Ole Thorsen

Controller - Franco Columbu.

:D:D

BSU: Nah, not the Rock.

We may not have a choice. according to DarkHorizons.com today, The Rock was Arnie's first pick for an "actor" to continue the franchise in his absence. <_<

Woah! I didn't know Arnold had said that!

BSU: Nah, not the Rock.

We may not have a choice. according to DarkHorizons.com today, The Rock was Arnie's first pick for an "actor" to continue the franchise in his absence. <_<

Not surprised, as they were friends (which is why Ahnuld did the cameo in The Rundown). Did anyone catch The Rock on Letterman a few days before that movie opened? He did a great impression of Arnold's accent. :D

Edited by Jolly Rogers

Anybody seen The Rundown yet with The Rock? Pretty good movie, similar in style to the older Arnie comedy/action movies.

Anyone know how they compare in size (height, weight)? As someone else mentioned, I think Rock would make a good Conan too.

BTW...Mary Carey would like to congratulate the new govenah... hug.gif

mcbikini1.jpg

............................ :rolleyes:

How much "less"?

It really depends on what you want and where in L.A. you want to live. You can be doing pretty good on 50k without any problems (at least so long as you're not looking at buying a house... if so, you'd best be saving LOTS... even condos and townhomes).

Arnold was soo much bigger than the rock in his MR universe days..

True lies awesome, I cant believe you havent seen End of days thats one of his best movies IMO.

And for her posted above, I'll wait to get married and run for govner <_<

Im going a little OT with this, but did anyone see Ted Nugent and those people on his ranch,,,LOVED the vegitarian. BTW did you guys notice I SUCK at spelling ;)

Please don't kill me, but I think The Rock could make a good Conan. Not an Arnie Conan but more like the Conan in R.E. Howard's short stories.

Actually, I gotta agree.

After seeing 'The Rundown', I do believe the Rock is actually a charasmatic ACTOR that is capable of doin' stuff far beyond typical meathead fare. This is no small feat, 'cause for some reason he has always bugged me... 'til now. Maybe it was the wrestling 'eyebrow' thing... whatever.

Anyhow, I think the Rock'd actually make a decent Conan. BUT... now here's where I gotta put on my R.E.H./ Conan dork hat on... they better give 'im BLUE contacts. Everybody's fav Cimmerian had blue eyes... which makes sense 'cause the Cimmerians were basically the forebears of the Irish/ Scots...

Still, I'd love to see Arnie as the older KING Conan someday. If only to hear Mako do the opening voice over of the Nemedian Chronicles: 'Know, O Prince...' Man that's the coolest... B)

Anyone know how they compare in size (height, weight)?

Well, according to IMDB...

Arnold - 6' 2"

The Rock - 6' 41/2"

Don't know about weight.

Actually you will be dissapointed to know Arnold is only around 6' 10 or 6' 9. Not a big guy at all... When I met him I towered over him. :( My X had a good picture with him at a political fund raiser and she was almost his height.

Yikes! Agent one and his girlfriends are over 7 feet tall! :blink:

ZENTRADI! :ph34r:

No no, read my post again. She wasn't tall, he is short. She was probably around 5'9.

Anyone know how they compare in size (height, weight)?

Well, according to IMDB...

Arnold - 6' 2"

The Rock - 6' 41/2"

Don't know about weight.

Actually you will be dissapointed to know Arnold is only around 6' 10 or 6' 9. Not a big guy at all... When I met him I towered over him. :( My X had a good picture with him at a political fund raiser and she was almost his height.

oops!

I meant arnold is around 5' 10 or 5' 9! :lol:

Wow, I thought he was a big dude, I am taller than him in that case, and I'm 5' 11".

Makes sense though, if you watched him on Leno last night, or the other night at his speech, he and Jay are about the same height. According to IMDB, Jay Leno is 5' 10"

Funny how Hollywood puts a spin on things like that, as if Arnold would have to be over 6 feet tall to be impressive.

Edited by Mechamaniac

Yikes! Agent one and his girlfriends are over 7 feet tall!  :blink:

ZENTRADI!  :ph34r:

Wow, I thought he was a big dude, I am taller than him in that case, and I'm 5' 11".

Makes sense though, if you watched him on Leno last night, or the other night at his speech, he and Jay are about the same height. According to IMDB, Jay Leno is 5' 10"

Funny how Hollywood puts a spin on things like that, as if Arnold would have to be over 6 feet tall to be impressive.

It started in his body building career, I think it is kind of like football stats... They make everyone seem bigger so when you look at them on TV you are in awe.

Yikes! Agent one and his girlfriends are over 7 feet tall!  :blink:

ZENTRADI!  :ph34r:

It started in his body building career, I think it is kind of like football stats... They make everyone seem bigger so when you look at them on TV you are in awe.

Which is wierd because there are alot of bodybuilders that are short stocky guys. Some of Arnold's old weight lifting buddies were little dudes too, so it's more or less accepted to be a stocky little dude, as long as you are HUGE everywhere else. (well, except the sac area, the Steroids tend to take care of that issue). :D

It is easier to look more muscular when you are shorter, it is just a matter of proportion. It makes me question all reported measurements, supposedly Arnold had 21 inch biceps, that is like legs on most people. And knowing how tall he is after seeing him, I doubt it.

It is easier to look more muscular when you are shorter, it is just a matter of proportion. It makes me question all reported measurements, supposedly Arnold had 21 inch biceps, that is like legs on most people. And knowing how tall he is after seeing him, I doubt it.

I don't know man, look at your Austrian Oak pics, dude's biceps were MASSIVE back then, freakishly so, and I thought he was big when he did Conan, sheesh!.

Being next to him in person was a letdown, sorta. His presence is Jesus Christ-ish, but in every dimention (width of shoulders, height, wieght) I am bigger than him and I am no monster. I am 6' 200 Lbs.

From this site: http://www.chireader.com/hottype/2003/030919_1.html

Shortzenegger's Tall Tales

“...

My wife was at a dinner Schwarzenegger attended in Los Angeles earlier this year. How tall did you say he is? I ask.

"About five four or five six," she says.

They weren't introduced. So I call someone else who stood and talked with him that night. "I'm five six," she says. "He is definitely no taller than me. I think he's about five five."

Six two is apparently the height Schwarzenegger decreed for himself years ago. The "official" schwarzenegger.com Web site lists him at six two; so do bodybuildinguniverse.com, celebguru.com, allmovieportal.com, and musclememory.com. Brandon dug the height out of one of Schwarzenegger's books about himself, though she might have had reason to wonder.

My wife says he's no six two, I tell Brandon after tracking her down in California.

"I have that same feeling," she says, and explains that years ago she was working for a paper in Kansas City and Schwarzenegger came by. "I remember telling my friends at the time, 'Gee, he doesn't look anywhere as tall as he does in the movies.'"

"Don't quote me on this," says one of the candidate's political lieutenants in LA when I call, "but I think he's six two."

How about five six?

I'm promptly switched to a press aide.

"I'm taller than five six and he's taller than I am," says the aide. "He's not five six. He's six feet tall."

In 1999 Jay Mathews wrote the article "The Shrinking Field" for the Washington Post on the often exaggerated heights claimed by male candidates for political office. "Sociologist Ralph Keyes has shown that men often claim to be taller than they are," he reported. "That goes double for celebrities. Men's Health magazine compared claimed heights to actual heights and discovered that Arnold Schwarzenegger was 5-10, not 6-2, that Charles Bronson was 5-7, not 5-11, and Burt Reynolds 5-8, not 5-11."

Mathews commented, "Such embellishments, to be effective, require not only changes in the numbers, but daily use of special footwear. I see nothing wrong with this."

Neither do I. Think of the campaign slogan Schwarzenegger could be using: "He'll give California a lift!"

Six two? I e-mailed Roger Ebert.

"No way," he wrote back. "I'd guess 5-10 or 5-11."