Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

No offense, but to like the ending to T3, you pretty much have to ignore T2's message, since they're basically contradictory.

T2: We can change the future. T3: Kinda, but you're wrong. To like the ending of T2 you have to ignore the fact that if they stopped judgement day, then there would be no reason to send Kyle back to save John's mom from the first terminator.

Well T2 deliberately changed its ending from its original/alternate (which most of us SHOULD have seen the Ultimate/Extreme edition DVDs, right?) so that the ending was specifically ambiguous instead of "happy." As Cameron himself explains in the commentary of that alternate ending, avoiding Judgement Day wasn't going to be a one-time thing but a never-ending battle. As Max pointed out, it would create a paradox to avoid it completely. What I liked about T3's ending was the misdirection. I didn't like the retcon that Skynet wasn't centralized. But I can live with it. :)

IIRC, it contradicts something Reese said about destroying Skynet itself and about how they had already won the war, which is why the first Terminator and T1000 were sent back in time to begin with. Plus as Reese also said (and that I can specifically recall) is that there would have been NO need to kill Conner in the future because they had already won. Thus why did Arnie bother to kill the future Conner? Maybe Skynet got spiteful? ;)

There ARE things I didnt' like about the rest of T3, too... mostly continuity/retcon's but they CAN be explained by time travel gobbledygook, I suppose. Still, on the whole I think it's a great movie and I liked the ending.

Perhaps Reese was wrong about Skynet being 'smashed' and as we now know it wasn't centralized, it could have had other elements that could have continued its fight... I guess we won't know untill t4 comes out.

Has anyone seen the T-2 3D at the Universal Tour?  Haven't caught it, been meaning too... just wondering about the storyline.

It's basically a direct sequel (of sorts) to T2. IIRC (been awhile), you're visitors at Cyberdyne. They have a rep who talks down to u as a bunch of the great unwashed on a tour of their facility. As it happens, Sara & John Connor do a terrorist raid on the facility. But the T1000 comes and attacks them during it. Arnold's terminator comes, of course, to save the day again. They get caught in some sort of temporal thing that sends them to them to the future at the same place (IIRC), Cyberdyne where Skynet is housed (IIRC, in contradiction to T3's unlocalized 'iNt4rW3B' Skynet). Um... then the "T-X" is some sort of T1000 that's huge and more like an octopus. Arnold's terminator manages to blow it up (along with Skynet), which happily sends the audience (and Sara & John) back to where they came from.

Basically its' similar to T2. John is kinda brave (or lost) and the Terminator keeps protecting him while they're being pursued by the T1000. Then they go from the frying pan into the fire (first to exoskeleton infantry types then to the T-X). They have screen clips of the "real" actors telling stuff to the audience while the stunt-extra's lip-synch and run around.

:blink::wacko:

Sounds supremely lame.

I think the whole point to the ride was for James Cameron to show off his new 3D technology, not to further the Terminator continuity.

And look at the images, Arnold really does look downright thin compared to alot of the people he is standing next to. Maybe it's just the suits, but he looks almost slight in stature.

Judging by those pics, and what we know (having seen in his films) I would say that he is not a very big guy at all, just VERY defined.

Strange...and a bit of a letdown, one of my childhood heroes turns out to be human after all.... :(

He was doing a marathon campaign traveling up and down the state, all that stress is bound to take a toll on the body.

The guy's also old now, if he's still huge and ripped, that'd be downright freaky.

If anything, he's bigger than these 2 guys (and most of us):

bnb-muscles.jpg

"what is this, funny week?"

Awwwwwwww Come on!

He's AH-nuld!

Don'cha just want to put him on your monitor so he can look down on you all day? :lol:

Dude that was a quote from Fefe.

I think its blasfamous (sp?).  <_<

Actually I think this is as blasphemous as you can get with Arnold...

crypt.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhh the shame!

That is as shamefull as Hercules goes to New York.

Have you guys read either of the interviews that Arnold did for Cigar Aficionado??

EDIT, forgot da link:

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Pr...2540,25,00.html

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Ar...22,1352,00.html

Interestingly, this quote from the first article...

"That Sandra Bullock," he says. "What a personality. I always wanted to meet her."

Stankard laughs. "Only Arnold," he says. "He never met her before, but did you see that kiss he gave her?"

Schwarzenegger readily acknowledges the pleasure he takes in flirtation and "a little patting on the ass" with attractive women. "It's like I always told you: He who hesitates...masturbates."

Edited by Mechamaniac

Have you guys read either of the interviews that Arnold did for Cigar Aficionado??

No I haven't but I want to, why? Are they good?

Oh yeah, really good, see above :D

I want an office like his someday....

Arnold's own humor is evident right in his office. It is located in Santa Monica, a block from Venice Beach and just above Schatzi's on Main, the congenial restaurant and beer stube that Arnold and his wife, Maria Shriver, used to own. The building itself and the reception area of his company, Oak Productions, are nothing exceptional; the fun begins in the corridor leading back to Arnold's inner sanctum. There, guarding the entryway, the way some strange mythological creature might guard the gates of the Roman Colosseum or the River Styx, is a giant Terminator robot. It is an imposing sight, its steel limbs and torso gleaming in the morning light, and when you see it you are tempted to whisper, "Good Terminator. Stay, stay."

The office itself has to be one of the zaniest, and biggest, in Hollywood. There is a massive wooden desk to the right, a couch and sitting area to the left, and a full conference table and chairs in the far right corner. Dominating the room is a gigantic pool table, and coiled beneath it is a deadly alligator, teeth bared, a mate of the gator Arnold shot in Eraser and then deadpanned: "You're luggage." Above the pool table, hanging in mid-air, is a deadly jet fighter, the one Arnold "flew" in True Lies with Jamie Lee Curtis. Along with such Hollywood kitsch, there is some magnificent art. On a wall behind Arnold's desk is a stark and haunting Andy Warhol, and in opposite corners of the room are two elegant Wild West bronzes by Frederic Remington. On the coffee table, close at hand, is a lovely humidor filled with fine cigars.

Edited by Mechamaniac

No I haven't but I want to, why? Are they good?

Oh yeah, really good, see above :D

Hmmm. Site doesn't want to load for some reason.

Dude that was a quote from Fefe.

I didn't catch that one... I'm having too much fun trying to find undignified pictures of Arnold online! :lol:

"You're hooked Rockatanksy!!! And you know it!" :lol:

Did you guys hear that today the former Soviet republic of Georgia offered to rename a mountain Mt. Schwarzenegger!?

So cool!

http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/ap10-....asp?reg=EUROPE

funny.

an interesting, and OT, fact: did you know Josef Stalin was from Georgia??

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

Did you guys hear that today the former Soviet republic of Georgia offered to rename a mountain Mt. Schwarzenegger!?

So cool!

http://famulus.msnbc.com/FamulusIntl/ap10-....asp?reg=EUROPE

funny.

an interesting, and OT, fact: did you know Josef Stalin was from Georgia??

I think it is beyond funny... Can you think of any other Hollywood star that had a mountain named after them?

Oh yeah, Stalin... Strange I never would have thought that he was from there.

i'm glad you finally posted. that 666 post count was kinda freaky.... :ph34r:

:lol:

Well there are already so many members who think I am the anti-christ (after the threats I received via PM for starting THIS thread), I hated to dissapoint them. :lol:

Uh guys...? I'm pretty sure there's a Georgia in Russia, so it's not a big deal for Stalin to have come from there. :rolleyes:

No sh!t Sherlock! :p

I think we BOTH knew that we were talking about another country! The amazing thing is that Georgia is almost a place that is classified as eur-asian. People from there look differnent from the typical Russian.

Does anyone here have the Conan Collector's Edition DVD?

I have the standard DVD, (movie only), but saw the Collector's Edition the other day, supposedly has audio commentary from Milius and Arnold, and some other stuff. Is it any more re-mastered than the first DVD release?

Edited by Mechamaniac

Does anyone here have the Conan Collector's Edition DVD?

I have the standard DVD, (movie only), but saw the Collector's Edition the other day, supposedly has audio commentary from Milius and Arnold, and some other stuff.  Is it any more re-mastered than the first DVD release?

Yes, it's great. It's the international edition, so the ending is slightly different and one or two scenes (it was just just edited out of the American version supposedly).

Extras... the commentary is hilarious. Arnold starts by introducing himself as John Milius (the director) and the other guys fakes an Arnold accent. Then he Arnold says something like "... and if you believe THAT, den you believe dere are Richard Simmons JUNIAHS running around too HA HA HA!!!" And he also calls the director a "Sick Bastard" at the infamous "hand soup." And he also makes a comment along the lines of "I get laid alot in dis movie!"

The included documentary, "Conan Unchained" is very nice too. I'll only offer one spoiler. Milius recounts that when Arnold met Dino de Laurentis for the first time... his introduction was "what does such a small man need with such a big desk??" or something like that. :) Its great. Good details of the production, filming, reactions... and also about John Milius' original intent for what was to be a Conan Trilogy (it DIDNT include what became Conan the Destroyer).

Edited by Uxi