Stan Lee's Who Wants To Be A Superhero

slow ass scf fi site

I was looking for some new info on BSG and stumbled on this little gem. I knew I had to share this with you guys, to create some anti-viral marketing to get this festering pile of crap pulled from the air post haste!

kind of kidding, but not really :rolleyes:

Bruce Nash Entertainment (Meet My Folks, For Love or Money, Who Wants to Marry My Dad?), executive producer Scott Satin (NBC's Most Outrageous Moments specials, Outback Jack, Who Wants to Marry My Dad?) and renowned comic-book writer, editor and creator Stan Lee's (Spider-man, Hulk, The Fantastic Four, X-Men) POW! Entertainment bring viewers this six-episode, one-hour weekly competition reality series that will challenge a lucky few to create their very own superhero and reward the winner with the best reality competition prize yet: immortality!

Each contestant begins with an original idea for a superhero, a self-made costume, and their best superhero mojo. From thousands of hopefuls, Stan Lee chooses 11 lucky finalists who move together into a secret lair. There they will begin their transformations — and their competition for the opportunity to become real-life superheroes. Over the course of the series, they will test their mettle, try to overcome their limitations, and do what it takes to prove that they truly are super.

The finalists will leave their former lives behind and become their brainchild heroes, all under Stan Lee's watchful eye. Each week, our aspiring heroes will be challenged with competitions designed to test their true natures. No one will be asked to perform feats of impossible strength; our superheroes will be tested for courage, integrity, self-sacrifice, compassion, and resourcefulness — all traits that every true superhero must possess.

In the end, only one aspiring superhero will have the inner strength and nobility to open the gates to comic-book immortality. The winner of this six-week competition will walk away with their character immortalized in a new comic book developed with Stan Lee. And that's not all — the winning character will also appear in an original SCI FI Channel movie!

Our contestants don't have to love comic books to be the superheroes we're looking for, and you don't need to read comic-books to appreciate their struggle to become the best they can be. So tune in and see what drives these rare individuals who are willing to push themselves to their limits, and find out what motivates someone Who Wants to Be a Superhero!

cast.jpg

oh come on, you know you're all going to watch it, even if it is just to laugh at the idiots making, well bigger idiots of themselves. But you know what? I wouldn't do this for immortality. Give me a cool couple of millions, and I'll do JUST about anything on TV cause in the end who's laughing all the way to the bank? The promo picture reminds of Mystery Men.

vinnie

PS: Incidentally, I won't watch this since I have no TV and therefore never watch any TV any ways.

oh come on, you know you're all going to watch it, even if it is just to laugh at the idiots making, well bigger idiots of themselves. But you know what? I wouldn't do this for immortality. Give me a cool couple of millions, and I'll do JUST about anything on TV cause in the end who's laughing all the way to the bank? The promo picture reminds of Mystery Men.

vinnie

PS: Incidentally, I won't watch this since I have no TV and therefore never watch any TV any ways.

417586[/snapback]

Another 15 minutes of fame for the sake of...???.....Ah whats the point.......

Wheres my PS2?

They should rename this show to "Who Wants To Look Like A Complete Loser A$$hole And Embarass Themselves On Cable Television?"

Oh wait, isn't that the alternate title to every "reality" TV show? If not, it should be.

Absorbs powers and abilities from video games that he plays; generates a feedback field that disrupts electronics within 15 feet; computer genius.

Ummmmmmm, yeah. oookee dokee. :huh:

Well, television being cyclical as it is, looks like the networks are all trying to cash in on the superhero craze while it's still "cool." ABC is coming out with what looks like a Dawson's Creek-esque teenie-bopper drivel called Heroes. Then there's this glorified [or debauchery, depending on how you look at it] ass-clownery that Stan Lee is up to. Wonder what other networks like WB or UPN are up to, considering their traditionally high-quality, critically acclaimed offerings? <_<

*mea culpa* Oops, Heroes will be coming on NBC, not ABC.

Edited by reddsun1

Imagine the auditons. Someone walks in with a gun and shoots everyone.

When asked why. He says : " I am the punisher".

417616[/snapback]

Now THAT I would watch with great delight.

The dude with the fake-metal arm [is that what it is? the pic's kinda fuzzy] looks seriously ripped. Got the physique to look like a comic book hero, but can't see his face too well. Doesn't appear to have a "hero-like" visage.

This does raise a good question though: just what is an ideal material for a superhero costume? Do you go the B. Singer route, and forsake "traditional" patterns [let's face it--speedo tights and high boots really don't work too well in this day and age; and capes are certainly hit-or-miss, although Darth Vader and the Batman for the new '89-and-later films do pull it off successfully] for something trendy, like leather? What about the materials used in diving/surfing suits? It's not as clingy and outright geeky as the spandex type stuff, but still seems to offer mobility? Not every hero can go with the urban assault/commando/para military uniform look.

very rarely am I this ashamed of my interest in comics and superheroes.

417684[/snapback]

Hehehe :) Actually, reading this news report, I think I'm more embarrased to be part of the species than ashamed of my love for comics and superheroes :)

Absorbs powers and abilities from video games that he plays; generates a feedback field that disrupts electronics within 15 feet; computer genius.

417639[/snapback]

Now there's a good balanced character...

"Could become invincible by typing IDDQD in Doom if it weren't for the fact that his computer blows up every time he enters the room."