Advice!

GutsAndCasca

I just came into a lil' bit of dough. SO. Now I've hit the hard spot. I'm addicted to macross crap, so what should I get? Should I wait and get the VF0A when it eventually is released? Should I get the low viz camo? Should I get the low viz stealth? Or should I get a Hikaru 1A reissue? Lemme' know what you'd do, guys!

Thanks,

--Brian

get an original low vis :)

If that's not in the equation, then just get whichever you prefer. I would say the Strike Stealth likely will get hard to find at some point in the near future so if that tickles your fancy I wouldn't hesitate too long on it.

Edited by jenius

It all depends on how much you have to spend or how many valk you are currently planing to get.

If you want something on the low cost side then the VF-1a cannon fodder is your best bet.

but if you're into what's new then it will cost you more.

Stealth and LV2 are the 2 newest VF-1a while there's also a 1/60 VF-0s.

BUT - if they reissue max 1J with fast pack then I'll kick myself so hard I'll taste my foot from up my colon. And if they come out with a VF-0A, my foot will come OUT my mouth from my colon.

The answer to your question is the same as the answer to this question:

"What's your favorite Macross Valkyrie?"

Now, if it's still readily available, buy that one. If it's not readily available at a price you're willing to pay, ask yourself:

"What's your 2nd favorite Macross Valkyrie?"

And so on. . . :)

Or maybe I'm missing something. :blink:

For me, if I could only have one valkyrie, it would probably be a Roy VF-1S. . . but maybe the Hikaru 1S. . . man, I can't decide, I'd better start a thread asking what I should do. ;)

The answer to your question is the same as the answer to this question:

"What's your favorite Macross Valkyrie?"

Now, if it's still readily available, buy that one.  If it's not readily available at a price you're willing to pay, ask yourself:

"What's your 2nd favorite Macross Valkyrie?"

And so on. . .  :)

Or maybe I'm missing something.  :blink:

For me, if I could only have one valkyrie, it would probably be a Roy VF-1S. . . but maybe the Hikaru 1S. . . man, I can't decide, I'd better start a thread asking what I should do.  ;)

412788[/snapback]

hahaha! nice.

OKAY EVERYBODY. I finally made up my mind. I just bought the lowviz super stealth offa' ebay. I think those things look absolutely awesome, and the one I got was the last one I could find. I'm going to assume that given time, these things will be extremely expensive, so I'm glad I bought it now, instead of crying 6 months from now when the same thing costs 600 dollars.

:D

strike stealth! yay!

now if they re-release maxw/super I'm gonna' puke. :)

Congrats on the super stealth ... it is way cool!

I hope they re-issue a Max VF-1J super .....

:)

412913[/snapback]

the vfij stealth is a great valk

I'm hoping they re-issue the Milia , Max and Hikaru

i have them but i want 1 or 2 more of each. :)

if you want only one, Im sure you wont regret getting a VF-1S Roy or VF-1S Hikaru. Those were the main characters in Macross and Im sure getting ONLY one means you want to get the best representative of Macross anime. So, there you have it, either VF-1S would be nice.

aaajin

if you want only one, Im sure you wont regret getting a VF-1S Roy or VF-1S Hikaru. Those were the main characters in Macross and Im sure getting ONLY one means you want to get the best representative of Macross anime. So, there you have it, either VF-1S would be nice.

aaajin

413028[/snapback]

Yeah, but the CF was in EVERY episode! :p

This is an very hard question and I find msyelf asking it as well. There are so mnay awesome 1/48ths out there...and well they go for an pretty penny. So far the only 2 I have are the Super Stealth and the Super Miria.

Of the 3 new Valks...IMO it is an very hard call. The VF-1J Super Stealth is just amazing, the way yamato mixed the Blacks and different shades of Greys together made it an instant hit! And the Strike compnents make it even more amazing.

Though at the same time I also want to get the VF-1A Low Vis 2. I happen to adore the color scheme because my dad flew F-4's in Vietnam and all USAF Aircraft had that exact awesome woodland paint scheme. It is probably next on my list of must haves.

The VF-0S, I was really excited to get. It's fighter mode is fantastic, the VF-0S is pretty cool. But on my version...in Batroid mode his arms are super loose, the slightest touch and his arm slides tothe side or against the chest. Very annoying indeed especially sicne the Gunpod is to heavy for the loose arms. Other then that and the annoying hands, it is great and yamato did an good job.

But I guess it all comes down to what Hurin said. "Whats your fav Valk"? I don't think you can go wrong with any of them! I was just adding my 2 cents about some of the newer versions.

aaajin

413028[/snapback]

Sorry, I guess I need to clarify. I already have a VF-1S Hikaru, it is sweet.

I only want 1 of the either the TV 1/48 Max super, or 1/48 Max DYRL.

:)

I say invest the money in something that'll matter in the future. Mutual funds, IRA's, whatever. At some point in your life you gotta' figure this toy stuff ain't gonna' do it for you anymore...

I wonder if at some future point yamato really does do a grey low vis scheme? (in a different tone from the limited edition and no weathering)

The thing I like so much about the vf11 is partly that it has that greyish look to it. The cannon fodders were cool in macross 7 even though they got blown up all the time. :D

And I also like a greyish-toned Roy VF1S (from the tv series where the valk looks a lil grey)

So I think if they were smart: release either a VF1S grey tone TV Roy, (or a grey VF1S TV Hikaru with Tv Fast Packs which is what he had at the end after roy died)

Or just do the usual "Limited release" LV thing and make the difference be the 1S head. (or don't do that, and instead make a mass produced variant in grey like they did with black stealth/credit card valk)

On that note... did anyone ever customize the low viz 1 to have a different head?

413328[/snapback]

Haterist has some pics floating around here somewhere, but I honestly wouldn't know where to start looking. Maybe he'll see this and re-post the pics.

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

I just got my low viz stealth with strike armor in the mail today. Geez, what a monstrous box. I mean, damn. And what a badazz valk! Too bad I had to drive straight to the university after it got delivered... and then I have to write two papers when I get home. Crap! I won't even be able to take the thing out of the box until Friday. What's weird, is I had a dream last night of getting my stealth valk in the mail. Only, the box was a lot smaller.

I just got my low viz stealth with strike armor in the mail today. Geez, what a monstrous box. I mean, damn. And what a badazz valk! Too bad I had to drive straight to the university after it got delivered... and then I have to write two papers when I get home. Crap! I won't even be able to take the thing out of the box until Friday. What's weird, is I had a dream last night of getting my stealth valk in the mail. Only, the box was a lot smaller.

413981[/snapback]

Enjoy the super stealth mate, it is cool .....

B))

I just came into a lil' bit of dough. SO. Now I've hit the hard spot. I'm addicted to macross crap, so what should I get? Should I wait and get the VF0A when it eventually is released? Should I get the low viz camo? Should I get the low viz stealth? Or should I get a Hikaru 1A reissue? Lemme' know what you'd do, guys!

Thanks,

--Brian

412640[/snapback]

At this point it does not matter what you get or what order you get. In the end, you'll eventually get them all. Welcome to the valkalholic club! ;)

For reals... I'm getting scared now, because I REALLY wanna' get a Hikaru 1A while they're cheap on ebay right now... but I have to save for when the YF-19 comes out in 1/60 scale. And also when they release the VF0"A". And also if they come out with a re-release of Max with his fastpack! Good lord, and I could buy a Sony PS3. And knowing my sick new addiction, I'll probably opt for the Yamato toys instead.

For reals... I'm getting scared now, because I REALLY wanna' get a Hikaru 1A while they're cheap on ebay right now... but I have to save for when the YF-19 comes out in 1/60 scale. And also when they release the VF0"A". And also if they come out with a re-release of Max with his fastpack! Good lord, and I could buy a Sony PS3. And knowing my sick new addiction, I'll probably opt for the Yamato toys instead.

414267[/snapback]

So many choices, so little cash. :lol::lol::lol:

Stick to the Yamato stuff, as for the PS3, you can always wait for the it to become more inexpensive. Then at least you would have you Yammie collection up to date and when the price is right you'd have the PS3.

;)

*At least, that's what Im doing.