New 1:1 Dyrl Helmet

hirohawa

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Clear plastic is not a problem. But I won't be making other helmets until after current projects are completed.

GeneralMayhem-

Will you be offering a Macross Plus, Isamu style helmet, complete with clear top?

I am pretty sure there is a way to make clear resin/plastic.

Edited by GeneralMayhem

• 8 months later...

Supposed to be for Mac Aus Con 09', but was delayed in customs, not that i had room to bring it with all the prizes accidently getting sent to my home addy. lol

She is perfect, and superbly done, and yes this is the only one ever made (besides Steve's copy!) and it's mine baby all mine muahahhaha.

Working visor, padding although i am a little on Hikaru's size, and needs a little fixing to fit snug, and she's light and easy to do some poses in lol.

Plus the missus looks SEXY!!!

Yeah one day i'll do pics.. ;) Ever since Misa tried it on it's been a dream to have one to get the missus to do a little cosplay in haha.

I know Steve's super proud and it's been hard to keep it a secret! ^______^ :D For all those guys at mac aus con 09' wishing they knew what the big surprise is well..

cats outta the bag! Plus Steve did some really nice professional pics so i'm glad he did the honours. :D I kept the faith in ya Steve!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Looks like the vaporware just solidified.

Great work, I love it.

I'd still love to have a helmet like that for using on the road on my bike. If only :)

O.K now someone who knows industrial sewing machines go out and make flight suits :)

Yeah, the stand looks really good, will just add to the display at Mac Aus Con 10', brilliant work Steve!

And yeah EXO as for the attachable chin guard and space visor, originally that was the plan, but we just ran out of time, as Steve played with a few different

ways of how it could work, and in the end he wasn't satisfied. Of course i would love that option, and i really do hope Steve can find a way.

Whats the vote guys?! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah, the stand looks really good, will just add to the display at Mac Aus Con 10', brilliant work Steve!

And yeah EXO as for the attachable chin guard and space visor, originally that was the plan, but we just ran out of time, as Steve played with a few different

ways of how it could work, and in the end he wasn't satisfied. Of course i would love that option, and i really do hope Steve can find a way.

Whats the vote guys?! :D

I think it looks great!

Are they going to be made available?

Are they going to be in kit form or painted?

How much?

Thanks

I believe Steve will open pre-orders once he catches up with alot of work he pushed back in attempt to get this done for mac aus con 09' but..

I hope the space attachments are done up for mac aus con 10' to be honest like planned, then pre-orders can be thought of, whats the vote there guys?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i'll spew if that happens, i paid out of my ass to get this helm done in time for mac aus con 09' which was my ultra cool item to show off with pride. :p and steve couldn't hold the secret long enough for mac aus con 10' hahaha. Dammit Steve! :p 0_0 *glares*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

You all have Matt to thank for his encouragement. As Matt indicated, I had to put off several other projects to get his helmet done for him, and we're always booked months in advance at any given time. After my former partner fell ill and I was forced to put off the project for a while, the first people to order canceled on me, and I simply shelved the project altogether. It was Matt who convinced me to pick it up again and complete the prototype, and now he has the first one to show for it. I'd like to accept orders for others, but considering my past experience with the board, I'd rather not have a repeat performance of what occurred when I first began the project.

excellent work GM! If you do take orders or make any more for other members, we'd love to have it as a display piece at MW Con in Los Angeles in July... i would almost consider it a possible entry for our annual Customs contest and it could very well win a prize!

i also saw your site that you have an order button and price listed... i'm tempted to order it myself... hehe