Guitar Hero

Wow...all this talk about metal, and we practically forgot about Aerosmith. I'd play any of these songs on GH:

"Walk This Way"

"Mama Kin"

"Livin' on the Edge"

"Love in an Elevator"

"Janie's Got a Gun"

"Same Old Song and Dance"

"Sweet Emotion"

"Back in the Saddle"

"Rag Doll"

"Eat the Rich"

EDIT: Well, looks like RedOctane and Activision will release a GH title focusing primarily on Aerosmith.

Edited by areaseven

Rime of the Ancient Mariner(yes all 13 minutes of it lol) - Iron Maiden

408450[/snapback]

You know how much fun those staccato are to play on a real guitar? :D

409270[/snapback]

13 frakin' minutes!!! That's one of those songs that the late night DJ plays when he's gotta go take a dump! Great song though! I guess you can throw GnR's Coma and Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven in there too!

I dunno why I didn't think of it earlier, but Guitar Hero 2 totally needs to have some High on Fire on it. Modern, guitar heavy metal that really kicks ass. There are some great songs by The Melvins that would go well on a guitar hero game. Mastodon and Isis as well. Tool wouldn't go for it, but I have to plug my favoraite band :)

They have to make a Macross 7 game in which you control the VF-19 with the guitar hero controller that would be the ultimate test for the guitar control :D

I wish they would make the strum bar less chunky and thinner.

It just has a horrible feel to it, I don't know how anybody could play that thing with their fingers, it feels like slamming your fingers into a block of soap, it's horrible.

I can't play Guitar Hero without using an actual guitar pick.

They have to make a Macross 7 game in which you control the VF-19 with the guitar hero controller that would be the ultimate test for the guitar control  :D

And when you activate the star power the Elgerzorenes turn dark blue and you can eat them :lol:

(no, maybe that was another game... :p )

FV

• 2 weeks later...
Now that Guitar Hero's become one of the hottest games in the market, Do you think RedOctane should make a companion drum game (like Konami's Drummania)? If so, what songs would you like to see on the playlist?

414949[/snapback]

It would be totally retarded, but my brother and I were talking about this last night, with them adding the ability to co-op in the game playing Lead and Bass guitar, I wonder how long it will be before they roll all these games together and you have "Rock Bad with Dancers!" Two guitar players, Drummania drummer, Beatmixer with a little gamepad mixer, Karaokesinger and then line up some dance pads for dancers or audience participation :p

It would be totally retarded, but my brother and I were talking about this last night, with them adding the ability to co-op in the game playing Lead and Bass guitar...

That's one of the best damn ideas I've heard in a while. Think about how much fun that would be!

Now that Guitar Hero's become one of the hottest games in the market, Do you think RedOctane should make a companion drum game (like Konami's Drummania)? If so, what songs would you like to see on the playlist?

414949[/snapback]

I think the idea is kind of flawwed considering most modern music and a good deal of popular classic rock uses simplistic drumming (I mean, who wants to simply dump out a 4 beat for a whole song?). Only a handful of rock songs feature actual talented drummers who do something other than keep the beat.

My guess would be if they actually made that game it would have four difficulty settings: Lars Ulrich (Simple), Travis Barker (Average), Max Wienberg (Complex) and Niel Peart (Impossible).

What no Maiden! :o;) It needs more Metallica: Master of Puppets and just a dash of White/Rob Zombie. Oh and some Great White would be nice. Maybe some Seger(spl) too!

I'm beginning to wonder how well GH will be done on the PS3. Will they actually open up the game for user made content or not. It would be one hellva boon if they did!! Go from Rammstien to Japanese Techno/Metal.... :D

I'm beginning to wonder how well GH will be done on the PS3. Will they actually open up the game for user made content or not. It would be one hellva boon if they did!! Go from Rammstien to Japanese Techno/Metal....  :D

416202[/snapback]

Highly unlikely, just due to the effort involved in creating the button patterns.

If they could rig a routine that was capable of actually detecting the patterns int he music and constructing button patterns based on that, THEN it becomes plausible. But they can't, so it isn't.

Oh I agree that it would be hard to do, but people would give it the olde 'college try' anyways.

But I don't see them doing it for another reason. Money. They make their money from selling new games(with new songs) so it wouldn't make sense for them to do so. IF the PS3 has a 'market place' they may sell song packs. Packs would be smart though because then they would be able to get newer music to the customer while keeping the older established hits for the new game.

I also just bought a bass. It would be cool if you could actually plug in 2 guitars (for lead and rhythm) AND a Bass!

408729[/snapback]

According to Attack of the show GH2 will have base in coop mode. They showed them playing it in coop mode live. It looked pretty boring to be playing the base though.

They have to make a Macross 7 game in which you control the VF-19 with the guitar hero controller that would be the ultimate test for the guitar control  :D

411093[/snapback]

It wouldn't actually be too tough to get the controller from guitar hero to work on any of the PC based macross games. If the guitar is not usb you can use one of those adaptors to make any ps2 controller work on pc (I bought mine at Fry's electronics--called kinky somthing). Then you just map the buttons of the guitar to the game. It would be pretty interesting to try. I'd try it but I don't have guitar hero.

If the guitar is USB thats another story.

I also just bought a bass. It would be cool if you could actually plug in 2 guitars (for lead and rhythm) AND a Bass!

408729[/snapback]

According to Attack of the show GH2 will have base in coop mode. They showed them playing it in coop mode live. It looked pretty boring to be playing the base though.

417786[/snapback]

Well they did say that they were attempting to make the bass as challenging in one article I read. There are metal bands out there that make good use of their bass player. Early Metallica use too....

408729[/snapback]

417786[/snapback]

Well they did say that they were attempting to make the bass as challenging in one article I read. There are metal bands out there that make good use of their bass player. Early Metallica use too....

417792[/snapback]

Cliff was awsome!!! :p

Oh I agree that it would be hard to do, but people would give it the olde 'college try' anyways.

But I don't see them doing it for another reason. Money. They make their money from selling new games(with new songs) so it wouldn't make sense for them to do so. IF the PS3 has a 'market place' they may sell song packs. Packs would be smart though because then they would be able to get newer music to the customer while keeping the older established hits for the new game.

416348[/snapback]

Except that aside from DDR, there's not a lot of room in teh market for constant churning out of updates.

DDR HAS had "append disks" released before, though.

411093[/snapback]

It wouldn't actually be too tough to get the controller from guitar hero to work on any of the PC based macross games. If the guitar is not usb you can use one of those adaptors to make any ps2 controller work on pc (I bought mine at Fry's electronics--called kinky somthing). Then you just map the buttons of the guitar to the game. It would be pretty interesting to try. I'd try it but I don't have guitar hero.

If the guitar is USB thats another story.

417788[/snapback]

KikiJoy is known for being laggy, though.

Actually, a lot of PS->USB adapters are.

KikiJoy is known for being laggy, though.

Actually, a lot of PS->USB adapters are.

417808[/snapback]

Yeah kikijoy, that's it. I didn't have any lag problems when using it on VFX, VFX2, or macross plus when playing through a psx emulator. It would definitely be fun to try. I imagine you'd have to use the wammy bar for transformation. :D