The h-doujin creators are gonna have a field day with Yukio and the chinpira...

Also, for some reason BL is one of the only anime that I don't think I would really *want* to see hentai of (yes it exists, of course)... mainly because any scenario involving Revy would be creepy because she's a psycho (especially Asazuke's works...if you know what I mean :p).

• 2 weeks later...

man...i wished that balalaika be brought down from her high horse though. The idea of balaika being invincible is kinda getting old. She should have at least heer right hand man taken down by Gin.

I guess my question is: Did Revy really put a cap in "you-know-who"?

I thought they ended this story arc appropriately. Rock shows that he's accepted (and embraced) living in the "twilight." And he gets to show off what can make him just as lethal as a bullet from a gun.

As for the bits after the ending credits, I didn't mind the little epilogue they put in for the last storyline. Plus, it's appropriate to see them all back in Roanapur (if this is the last episode).

As for the very last scene, I'm never one to complain about any scene with those two characters interacting. ;)

P.S.--Understand that I saw the last episode unsubbed first, didn't know exactly what was being said, and then finally watched the episode with the subs just yesterday (and was pleasantly surprised by how much my initial impressions were wrong). So, this probably has skewed my impressions for the last ep.

Not really. It basically accomplishes what the arc appears to have set out to do. That being Rock finding where he fits in this new world he's fallen into. Watching Yukio go down her path, which was somewhat similar to his, pretty much cemented it for him.

As for Balalaika, it's not that she's invincible, just very intelligent in how she handles things. She knows what cards to keep up her sleeve, and when to pull out. There's no way Gin could've gotten to her, as he has to get through Revy first. Side with her or not, Revy and Rock are still working for her on this asignment.

Yukio's storyline was wrapped up pretty well. The show itself feels like it could easily have another 12 or even 24 episodes added. Though it pretty much ends rather well here, with Rock accepting what he's now a part of.

Looks like I've been sniped. Looks like we agree Mog.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

As for Balalaika, it's not that she's invincible, just very intelligent in how she handles things. She knows what cards to keep up her sleeve, and when to pull out. There's no way Gin could've gotten to her, as he has to get through Revy first. Side with her or not, Revy and Rock are still working for her on this asignment.

And hence invincible. Yukio, Gin, and a whole Yakuza faction was used to prove this point which is "ZOMGWTFBBQ". Hotel Moscow is so powerful that not even the local police and government can do anything. Something like this happening in somewhere as corrupt as Roanapur is understandable. But having your personal war in a place like Japan is really suspending your belief. Come on, foreign diplomat car or no....you'd arrest anyone coming out of a gunfight. For me, that scene was dodgy as it was, but then again she'd probably survive the gunfight and killed all the policemen if it went the other way. :lol:

The Romanian twins arc made me slightly happy cause it caused balalaika much frustration and put her in a position where she isn't depicted so much as miss invincible...well not for the 1st few episodes anyway. :lol:

The ending was alright overall as far as Rock is concerned, but i wished for abit of happiness for Yukio and Gin. They could've died, but at least made life JUST a little difficult for Balalaika then it would've been perfect. Here, they were nothing more but targets. And they died senselessly as targets. Ouh well.

And as for Revy shooting "you know who" at the end....i'll just say that those 2 have been going on each other throats for yonks and none have died yet so i guess nobody's dead yet. :p

The ending was alright overall as far as Rock is concerned, but i wished for abit of happiness for Yukio and Gin. They could've died, but at least made life JUST a little difficult for Balalaika then it would've been perfect. Here, they were nothing more but targets. And they died senselessly as targets. Ouh well.

I think that was the point actually. I too wished they could've ended happier, but the senselessness of it was part of the point. It didn't need to end that way, but Yukio felt it did. Going against Balalaika would've probably amounted to nothing. THey'd probably get gunned down before they ever got on the ship.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

^^You and me both!! Second Barrage was just wicked goodness!

Now, you're telling me there's gonna be a third season! :blink::wacko: ........... :wub:

Edited by Mog

A THIRD SEASON!!! :o

BUT BUT BUT BUT.........I thought the manga was already over. :ph34r:

Makes me wonder what the story is gonna be about. B))

No, when they animated the second season, it had caught up with the manga, so there was no more story they could animate. Now that its been a while, there is more story to animate.

Edited by GogDog