Anybody Else Wish...

GutsAndCasca

I frequently find myself wishing that Yamato would come out with a blank, non-painted valk, with a choice of whichever head you want. This would make customizing a lot easier on us. I'd think by now they'd already be doing this, seeing as so many people buy up 1/48's for the purpose of modifying/painting them. Am I alone here?

Hey, not bad.  Yamato could always call it the LV 3, Snow camo Valkyrie. :p

403786[/snapback]

its actually called the "stormshadow". :p

and thanks to valkyrie312 for coming up with the cool name.

if/when i get bored with it, i'm gonna do a vermillion valk in green.

That's exactly what Yamato needs to be putting out! Snow camos, and lots of them. And better decal sets with more options. They need to get on the ball and cater to the huddled masses of people like me who are strangely addicted to some cartoon that he loved but didn't quite understand back when he was a kid but now understands and can't get enough of so he buys up expensive transforming valks because he just can't stop himself and now wants to customize them.

That's exactly what Yamato needs to be putting out! Snow camos, and lots of them. And better decal sets with more options. They need to get on the ball and cater to the huddled masses of people like me who are strangely addicted to some cartoon that he loved but didn't quite understand back when he was a kid but now understands and can't get enough of so he buys up expensive transforming valks because he just can't stop himself and now wants to customize them.

403796[/snapback]

Absolutely.

mention it to Graham to pass it on. in small quantities, yamato might be surprised at what they can sell.

404486[/snapback]

I PM'd Graham about it. Hopefully someday this can really happen. ;)

Edited by GutsAndCasca

I'm not sure if Graham is doing the talk to Yamato thing either, but I haven't heard otherwise, he was really polite when I PM'd him about it, and he gave me reason to believe that he'd run the idea by them.

Everyone join hands with me now and we'll pray. "Yamato, bring us a ___ valk kit, so we may mod without paint removal."

405586[/snapback]

...and make them available at Rock Bottom Prices and smaller packaging, Please

Everyone join hands with me now and we'll pray. "Yamato, bring us a ___ valk kit, so we may mod without paint removal."

405586[/snapback]

405673[/snapback]

This thread is giving me anxiety now. Why oh why can't all these happy thoughts come true.

405586[/snapback]

405673[/snapback]

This thread is giving me anxiety now. Why oh why can't all these happy thoughts come true.

405810[/snapback]

Maybe If we all break whisbones and pray hard enough it will.

It won't happen. How else is Yamato going to make $$$ :p . They need to milk the vf-1 molds and give us all the varients and colors :rolleyes:  :lol: .

405851[/snapback]

In that case come on you bootleggers

It won't happen. How else is Yamato going to make $$$ :p . They need to milk the vf-1 molds and give us all the varients and colors :rolleyes:  :lol: .

405851[/snapback]

I dont see why that would affect their sales when it comes to their varients and schemes, people will still buy the "official" releases over customs. I would say the blank scheme would just count as another run, so it would do nothing buy increase sales.

405851[/snapback]

I dont see why that would affect their sales when it comes to their varients and schemes, people will still buy the "official" releases over customs. I would say the blank scheme would just count as another run, so it would do nothing buy increase sales.

406005[/snapback]

I agree with EXO. It would make wanna be customizers like myself actually get one for customizing, as I can't bring myself to hack up a pristine 1/48 in the name of art. So, I'd end up buying the official releases and the blanks...

405851[/snapback]

406005[/snapback]

I agree with EXO. It would make wanna be customizers like myself actually get one for customizing, as I can't bring myself to hack up a pristine 1/48 in the name of art. So, I'd end up buying the official releases and the blanks...

406103[/snapback]

I've hacked up 2 1/48's using "experimental" paint removal methods and watched my money swirl down the toilet with a loud tear-inducing WHOOSH as the ABS plastic did all sorts of things from cracking, crumbling, staining, to other creative and inventive things. Can you hear that loud flush? I really rrrrrrreally would like to see a nice little baggie even with no directions would be great, filled with nice little white 1/48 scale pieces and screws.

Edited by GutsAndCasca

The closest one to blank i gues is the VF-1J Hikkie prices seem to be dropping but you still have to make changes to it.

I think a blank valk would sell well, customizers would get 2,3,4 at a time if the price was right.

How about a blank valk that comes with all three heads? Rather than molding new trays, Yamato could store the other two heads in the removable tray pieces that cover the wingtips. To further save money they could just use the plain white boxes from the Super Stealth and simply print up stickers for the boxes that say "Blank VF-1" or something. That sounds cool to me. I'll take a case, please.

How about a blank valk that comes with all three heads? Rather than molding new trays, Yamato could store the other two heads in the removable tray pieces that cover the wingtips. To further save money they could just use the plain white boxes from the Super Stealth and simply print up stickers for the boxes that say "Blank VF-1" or something. That sounds cool to me. I'll take a case, please.

406276[/snapback]

that works.

no painting less cost +

plain boxes less cost +

use of existing vf-1 molds less cost =

Happy Us buying lots of these and Happy Yamato for lots of Sales

if you want a blank one... why not just buy the 1/48th Ultimate Detail Valkyrie resin kit. Much much much much much better than anything Yamato puts out. Unless you are the kind of person that likes to "play" with your toys. Then you got other problems.

406196[/snapback]

STFU LTSO. And that's putting it nicely...

Edited by >EXO<