Dmc

wolfx

THat... is my dream car!

I love the DeLorean... someone... anyone! It's my birthday in two weeks... if every member on MW pulls together and puts in $20, you can make this birthday boy very happy ^_^

Do it or I'll magically change every Yamato valk into a Galaxy Defender and MPC sans magnets!

THat... is my dream car!

I love the DeLorean... someone... anyone! It's my birthday in two weeks... if every member on MW pulls together and puts in $20, you can make this birthday boy very happy ^_^

Do it or I'll magically change every Yamato valk into a Galaxy Defender and MPC sans magnets!

403469[/snapback]

If you drove that though, you would be nearly guaranteed NEVER to get laid by anyone worthy of laying ever again.

It's still a Delorean which means as a car, it still sucks balls in every conceivable way.

This should be in the automotive thread, btw.

403493[/snapback]

If it was in the automotive thread, I would have never seen this posting.

It's an automatic,...

403479[/snapback]

Waitaminute... doesn't Marty shift the Delorean on camera in BTTF? I could have sworn in BTTF1 when he is driving in circles in the Twin Pines parking lot he says something like "Lets see if you bastards can do 80" and you see him hard shift the car. Was he just ricer pumping an auto or was the actual screen Delorean a 5 speed?

Edit: Now that I think about it the thing would have had to have been an auto... how else could Doc Brown have shifted it when it was being remote controlled... so I guess that means Marty was drop-shifting an automatic transmission then... what a dork.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

If it was in the automotive thread, I would have never seen this posting.

403529[/snapback]

*phew* That was a close call, then. :rolleyes:

My friend and I were recently rewatching the original BTTF and noticed that you can see the foor sagging in the film. Which means that only a few years after being released, the Deloreans in the move were already falling apart. :lol:

It's an automatic,...

403479[/snapback]

Waitaminute... doesn't Marty shift the Delorean on camera in BTTF? I could have sworn in BTTF1 when he is driving in circles in the Twin Pines parking lot he says something like "Lets see if you bastards can do 80" and you see him hard shift the car. Was he just ricer pumping an auto or was the actual screen Delorean a 5 speed?

Edit: Now that I think about it the thing would have had to have been an auto... how else could Doc Brown have shifted it when it was being remote controlled... so I guess that means Marty was drop-shifting an automatic transmission then... what a dork.

403548[/snapback]

It's a manual in the movie. When he brakes hard in the DeLorean to avoid hitting something there's a shot of his feet and he hits brake and clutch. The auction is for a replica - an innacurate one at that. The automatic ruins it and the car is also the wrong model year, it's a 1983 when the BTTF cars are 1981. You can tell because it lacks the two lines down the hood and has that DeLorean logo on the hood. The 83 ones kinda sucked and are less pretty because of saving money on stamping two lines. Blue flux capacitors also just make you sterile instead of making you time-travel.

Edited by ComicKaze

What's wrong with automatics?

Graham

403581[/snapback]

Nothing, it's just because it's not true to the movie car. It's like saying what's wrong with a VF-1J that has 4 head lasers. If mean if you goto so many effort for detail and accuracy to all those parts and then the car is an automatic, it's kind of silly. It's like having an automatic Ferrari. The least you could do is buy one of those kits that makes an automatic shifter look like a manual and maybe have a fake clutch pedal since the DeLorean is all about the proper image.

Edited by ComicKaze

I drive in DC traffic everyday with a manual and have never felt automatic to be more convenient. I actually enjoy manual in traffic as i can just let the clutch out a bit and let the car roll for me rarely having to touch the brakes.

I have no idea about Deloreans as cars.....but general consensus here seems to mean they suck. Did Delorean make a deal with BTTF to boost its car sales btw?

How about this?

Great family car. :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4644351427

403414[/snapback]

She rides good but fueling her is a tad pricey.

;)

403426[/snapback]

Dude,

You can shove banana peels in it for fuel! That's cheaper than the price of gas nowadays!

403642[/snapback]

It doesnt come with the fusion converter yet. XD

I have no idea about Deloreans as cars.....but general consensus  here seems to mean they suck. Did Delorean make a deal with BTTF to boost its car sales btw?

403631[/snapback]

Pretty sute the DMC was already out of business by the time the BTTF movie was made.

403637[/snapback]

Shows how embrassingly little i know about cars. Thanks. XD

DeLoreans don't technically suck. They are basically a Lotus Esprit under stainless steel...but the Volvo B28F engine really sucks. 130HP!

Top speed of 130mph and 0-60 in 8 seconds...but everybody who's driven one says it's as prone to break down just like ans as much as you see in the movie!

Edited by ComicKaze

So if the film Delorean was a manual... how was Doc Brown shifting it when he had it in remote control mode when he sent Einstien back in time in the initial test? You never see him flip any levers or do any control motions that would indicate the shifter was remotely controlled?

I guess that makes the movie car an automatic manual. :ph34r:

So if the film Delorean was a manual... how was Doc Brown shifting it when he had it in remote control mode when he sent Einstien back in time in the initial test? You never see him flip any levers or do any control motions that would indicate the shifter was remotely controlled?

I guess that makes the movie car an automatic manual.  :ph34r:

403709[/snapback]

It's called movie magic - a stunt driver low down in the other seat beside Einstein.

Same thing as the gun thing in the Blade Runner thread, it's a movie.

Or the car is setup with Doc Brown's magic clutchless shifttronic that automatically shifts up and down when you are running in a straight line to 88mph

Edited by ComicKaze

It's called movie magic - a stunt driver low down in the other seat beside Einstein.

Or the car is setup with Doc Brown's magic clutchless shifttronic that automatically shifts up and down when you are running in a straight line to 88mph

403736[/snapback]

Sounds more like a continuity error than movie magic.

403736[/snapback]

Sounds more like a continuity error than movie magic.

403773[/snapback]

dude, Doc Brown made a car that could freaking go back in time. You'd think he'd be able to rig up some way of automatically controlling the manual transmission without him actually doing something with the remote control.

Wouldn't that pretty much make the car an automatic at that point? If it is set up to automatically shift on remote would it not also be automatically shifting on maunal drive? If he goes to all that trouble just to automatically shift via remote control a manual tranny you'd think he just would have got a car with an automatic transmission? No need to reinvent the wheel. Doc Brown's logic is astounding... hey I'll buy a manual car knowing full well I'll have to jerry rig the thing to run in automatic when I use the remote control.

No wonder people thought he was crazy... he was.