New Member With New Display Cabinet (ikea)

DeeLux

Hey Macross Worlders!

I've been a lurker since the old days (well over 5 years). :ph34r:

I'm a old school Macross collector/Fan (late 80's) from the Bay Area but now I live in LA. I'm also DETOLF owner thanks to this forum and its members. But I always wanted more out of a display case (too small!) and have delayed in buying more because of it.

Well.... I made it into Ikea in Burbank this past weekend, and was pleasantly surprised that they now carry a new style of cabinet!! Its called a SKOGEN (don't you just love the names....) Its nice and deep, has a 45° top which I swear was made for Valkyrie's in all modes.

Full Decription: SKOGEN GLS-DR CAB 19X55" BIR

Price: 79.99

They don't have it online yet, so no link.

Enough talk, here's the pics.

Now don't judge me on my configuration, its still under construction.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Hey Macross Worlders!

I've been a lurker since the old days (well over 5 years).  :ph34r:

I'm a old school Macross collector/Fan (late 80's) from the Bay Area but now I live in LA. I'm also DETOLF owner thanks to this forum and its members. But I always wanted more out of a display case (too small!) and have delayed in buying more because of it.

Well.... I made it into Ikea in Burbank this past weekend, and was pleasantly surprised that they now carry a new style of cabinet!! Its called a SKOGEN (don't you just love the names....) Its nice and deep, has a 45° top which I swear was made for Valkyrie's in all modes.

Full Decription: SKOGEN GLS-DR CAB 19X55" BIR

Price: 79.99

They don't have it online yet, so no link.

Enough talk, here's the pics.

Now don't judge me on my configuration, its still under construction.

large.jpg

large.jpg

401593[/snapback]

Nice collection .....

:)

That is a very nice collection you have there. You have it laid out very well and it is very organized. You also have a nice huge queen alien in there and I can;t help but love the Alt/BT's you have in the lower left!

I have seen these cases before, someone posted their collection over at Seibertron and they had their TF collection in them. They display the figures so nicely and I would love to have about 5 cases to put all of my stuff. Alas I have really no room for display casses and so the top of my TV, Book shelf, and Computer desk act as my display for my Macross and select TF's.

Nice collection, once I get my own house I'll be getting those glass cases as well. Some of my friend's have them in their living rooms and those that don't own a house here have them all cramped up in their bedroom.

Aww, come on!

I've waited a long time to show off my collection to you guys. :p

They've been in boxes for so many years they had to stretch their legs!

And the wall scroll is a CTS (China Town Special!)

I'll post more pics of my stuff when I get home.

Welcome,.... show-off :p j/k

do you have a pic of that GPB poster? and is it an authentic Macross poster?

401917[/snapback]

interesting... :)

but i still prefer the detolf as it's neither too big nor too small and you can really do wonders within those space.

401666[/snapback]

To tell you the truth I found myself cramped for space with the Detolfs, its fine if you only have a few things to show off. I figure the combination between the two gives me a even medium.

401917[/snapback]

Here ya go!

medium.jpg

interesting... :)

but i still prefer the detolf as it's neither too big nor too small and you can really do wonders within those space.

401666[/snapback]

To tell you the truth I found myself cramped for space with the Detolfs, its fine if you only have a few things to show off. I figure the combination between the two gives me a even medium.

401917[/snapback]

Here ya go!

medium.jpg

402364[/snapback]

Sweet poster!! That's from the show, right?

:)

awesome poster, i do not think that is a frame from the normal show however, the details and shading look alot better then what was seen in most episodes. nice detolfs as well, i have 4 now and they are already almost filled :p the new one you got i have ever seen before it is nice but a little to small for me and it cost like $20.00 more then the detolfs over here in MA you can pick them up at the store for $59.00

chris

Hey, yeah, nice collection and display. Is that Alien queen the same toy from the Movie Maniacs line?

• 3 weeks later...
medium.jpg

402364[/snapback]

Great poster! Mind sharing where you obtained it from and how much? Thanks! :D

407608[/snapback]

wow, you never saw this wall scroll before? I bought mine back in 2001. I'm sure there's plenty more in chinatown/ toy district. I'm sure they'll have it at AX as well. I saw it every time I went to AX. I bought it at 10 bucks. I'll see if they have any more in the toy district. Besides, these aren't official wall scrolls, so it's nothing to get worked up over, granted it looks pretty cool on the wall. ;):D:p:lol:

Deelux, welcome... finally! 5 years huh? that's a long time lurking. You must've missed out on a lot of deals in the for sale section. Anyway, you ever go to Frank and Sons? :huh: