New Pics Of Low Vis Version 2

wolfx

damn, i don't know if it's the photo or the off-white balance, but that's some nasty "guacamole" color on that box!

and what's with the soft vignette of the chest place for the box cover?

and those awful mixture of fonts with some weak-ass photoshop filters!

why can't yamato just use the paint scheme on the plane for the box?

sorry about the rant...but we're shelling out lots of money on these valkyries and all we get are mediocre styled, oversized boxes.

and yamato can't even tighten-up the ankles/feet. my fianée bumped the bookcase with the laundry basket...the GBP-VF1J wobbled and feel, she caught it luckily, but the valkyrie and it's armor fell apart everywhere...but the HG 1/60 Strike Gundam next to the valkyrie stood it's ground like a champ.

so anyhow, the funny thing is...we buy 'em, we buy a lot of them valkyries...and not enough of us are bringing up the "these" issues. $150+ ... that's 10 hours of work for some people. families in South America don't even make that much in a month.

grrrr!

hey dyno, is that a toy store around your place or did you get the pic from somewhere, curious? kyatsu

403265[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that's a picture from a toy store in Japan somewhere because the price tag is in yen in the first picture. Could be mistaken though.

well, i am not sure if there's like a japanese town in maryland and if so, maybe that's inside a toy shop there. i am just curious cuz he appears to be getting a lot of pic of new toys? kyasu

well, i am not sure if there's like a japanese town in maryland and if so, maybe that's inside a toy shop there. i am just curious cuz he appears to be getting a lot of pic of new toys? kyasu

403290[/snapback]

Yeah. that's why i'm not 100% certain, but there's other stuff in the picture in Japanese as well. I'm assuming that if this were a Japan town in MD the prices would most likely be in Dollars though.

what about the lowviz gbp armor?

i suppose it's also coming this month?

403299[/snapback]

I thought it was being released the same time as the Valk, but no pics as of yet... hmmm...

haha.. Wood Land Color makes me think of elves.

So if you have one Graham, post some pics!

Here's the link to all the pics from the moeyo site to save you all looking:

http://www.moeyo.com/2006/05/post_322.html

It looks pretty damn nice in fighter mode.

Edited by Guppy

Three observations:

1. False packaging, the back of box shows what the camo should've looked like;

2. Yamato got its president's 2 yrs old son playing with Photoshop again; &

3. Idiotic English title because:

- it is grammatically incorrect to capitalise Wood Land but low cap "colour" when it is part of the title;

- Wood land should be one word when used in a title; &

- even my next door neighbour’s dog knows it is a camo scheme…so for Pete’s sake, why don’t they just call it CAMOUFLAGE!!!

Edited by Mowe

that is officially the worst box Yamato has ever put out. And that is a big call.

So, this comes out 30th May and the Garland comes out 31st May. How are they gonna be able to pull that off? Have they hired the entire families of the guys on the production lines? :huh:

Remember the Yamato President's 2 yrs old Photoshop son whom can also fold boxes? :unsure:

So, this comes out 30th May and the Garland comes out 31st May. How are they gonna be able to pull that off? Have they hired the entire families of the guys on the production lines?  :huh:

403353[/snapback]

haha.. Wood Land Color makes me think of elves.

So if you have one Graham, post some pics!

Here's the link to all the pics from the moeyo site to save you all looking:

http://www.moeyo.com/2006/05/post_322.html

It looks pretty damn nice in fighter mode.

403314[/snapback]

Guppy - Thanks for posting the link to the pics mate!

:)

Three observations:

1. False packaging, the back of box shows what the camo should've looked like;

2. Yamato got its president's 2 yrs old son playing with Photoshop again; &

3. Idiotic English title because:

- it is grammatically incorrect to capitalise Wood Land but low cap "colour" when it is part of the title;

- Wood land should be one word when used in a title; &

- even my next door neighbour’s dog knows it is a camo scheme…so for Pete’s sake, why don’t they just call it CAMOUFLAGE!!!

403352[/snapback]

ditto ... but the funny thing is, we're still gonna buy this thing! why? i don't know ... cuz we want to complete our collection?

i think the GBP packaging is the best so far.

I ditto your ditto. The box design is a trash but the meat inside is what count for me. So I'll still folk out the $150 and overlook the dumb-ass packaging. GBP's packaging is still the bench mark for 1/48 VF-1.

ditto ... but the funny thing is, we're still gonna buy this thing! why? i don't know ... cuz we want to complete our collection? i think the GBP packaging is the best so far.

403473[/snapback]

Heh, my display cabinet only has a small portion of my Macross toy collection. A lot of it, such as the Takatoku 1/55 & 1/144, Bandai 1/55 (original & reissue), various Banpresto and most of my Yamato 1/60 VF-1 toys and some 1/48 VF-1 toys are packed away in boxes.

Anyway, on the shelf above the low vis 2 is where the completed model kits and Doyusha toys hang out. Above that is the Yamato 1/72 shelf and above that, 2 more shelves jam packed with Yamato 1/48, Q-Rau & Konig Monster.

Graham

Anyway, on the shelf above the low vis 2 is where the completed model kits and Doyusha toys hang out. Above that is the Yamato 1/72 shelf and above that, 2 more shelves jam packed with Yamato 1/48, Q-Rau & Konig Monster.

403629[/snapback]

share pics share pics :D

Edited by Toonz

Taken them down for the moment until the toy is actually confirmed as released.

Graham

403655[/snapback]

Put them back up Graham it's Tuesday now and new Toy day in Akihabara both the Low Viz 2 and Garland are on the sales floor of Kaiyodo.

Do you think the woodland valk would be suitable for that race of elves in macross 7? Heheh.

I agree with whoever said it should be called camouflage valk.

From now on these are going to be my nicknames:

1. Stealth should be called Super Ninja (ie it sneaks up on the high vis ostrich to kill one)

2. Credit Card valk should be called MIB (men in black) valk (because it is rare and nobody has seen one in real life! The government denies it was ever made)

3. low vis v2 should be called camouflage valk. (forget woodland - camo sounds much better imo)

4. low visibility = low vis (not low vis v.1 - makes it less special)

An alternate name for 1. could be Shadow valk, but then that might confuse it with the shadow alpha from robotech. I think this should be the low vis pilot's special custom paint scheme for night time flight and for when he goes into space.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker