Rogue Zentreadi... And The Remaining Boldolzas?

Raptor

Just wondering what's the deal with the rouge zentreadi fleets, and all the remaining Boldolzas (thousands of them?) that were mentioned in the end of DYRL?

I only now remembered that Isamu had been originally fighting against rogue Zentreadi's (haven't seen Plus in years) but I was wondering where they're from... are they parts of the fleets that weren't part of the first space war, or were they just those who wouldn't make peace with the UN and ran off to join up and amass a fleet?

The "Fleet of the Strongest Women" seems to pop out of nowhere, with no knowledge of the culture or the space war (except the desire to attack microns), yet it's not like Milia didn't know the leader personally...

I only now remembered that Isamu had been originally fighting against rogue Zentreadi's (haven't seen Plus in years) but I was wondering where they're from...  are they parts of the fleets that weren't part of the first space war, or were they just those who wouldn't make peace with the UN and ran off to join up and amass a fleet?

Little from column A, little from column B. There are still lots of Zentradi out there. Sometimes the UN runs into them, says hi, only to be shot at. They could be part of some Anti-UN group. They could be part of another fleet. No one knows. The only 1 constant is that a lot of them are shooting at the UN fleets.

The "Fleet of the Strongest Women" seems to pop out of nowhere, with no knowledge of the culture or the space war (except the desire to attack microns), yet it's not like Milia didn't know the leader personally...

394348[/snapback]

IIRC, what happened was the M7 fleet hailed them with no response. Next thing they knew, they were launching power suits and moving into attack formation, hence where the episode starts. Zentradi don't desire to attack miclones, but the M7 fleet was broadcasting an with unknown ID (read: unfriendly), and none of the M7 ships matched any known Zentradi/Meltrandi ships. So they preceed with extreme caution (read: kill them).

I could be wrong but I think it would be cooler if they had just been unorganised aliens who wanted to stick to warrior pride. So losing SW I against microns was humiliating and like kamjin they all decided to go into the wild. (not necessarily hunting microns but more like "we are bored, lets just kill them for fun" kind of thing.)

I thought that maybe baldy was like the king of the lot since he was so damn big. Bigger than Britai. Once the ape was killed the others were free to do what they wanted to. And notice how he is like the only guy in the whole tv series that knows about the history of microns? Without thier leader they are like grade school children because they were bred for obedience weren't they?

Even though kamjin was a threat, he still was pretty dumb and uncivilised (until he lived with humans for a while) so I think the rogue zentradi are kinda like that.

They got lots of power but not much inteligence or organisation and don't see our superior knowledge as a big deal. Like massive Barbarians who have the might and knowledge to be good at fighting but too dumb to lead themselves.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I thought that maybe baldy was like the king of the lot since he was so damn big. Bigger than Britai. Once the ape was killed the others were free to do what they wanted to. Without thier leader they are like grade school children because they were bred for obedience weren't they?

394357[/snapback]

I've always wondered this too. After the death of an Alpha-Male, do Zentraedi fight for supremacy because they are bred to be warriors? Or do they become confused, not knowing what to do since they are bred to be good soldiers and have lost their commander?

i was under they impression that their Military followed a more or less conventional chain of command. the next highest ranking officer would take over until someone else of higher rank showed up to assume control.

or

maybe there would have been a sturggle for power coupe or something ; different factions attemtping to domintate one over the other.

But Baldy would be like a ruthless dictator or something imo. So his death is like the key that makes the soldiers lose confidence because they are too dumb to know how to anything themselves.

Some of them would want to be loyal like in gundam how you have the zabi loyalists, and maybe you have factions that are more rebellious. (remember kamjin was an exception to the norm since he was a bit crazy and didn't respect the higher ups and went against orders and stuff)

The rebels would be like kamjin who didn't help thier own guys on the final battle. (he stepped out didn't he? I bet there are some like him that would just "like killing" because it is in thier genes as opposed to following orders)

The 'zabi loyalists' would be the organised ones. But they would still be less knowledgeable then baldy because baldy mentioned that him revealing information was 'not to leave the room'. Like it was meant to be secret and that higher ups hide stuff from the noobs. His defeat would be a loss of information and destroy the fear the obedient ones had. If the noobs have too much info they might be a threat. (kind of like the clone soldiers in PT star wars only bred for one purpose and not bred to think independantly)

One of the interesting things about kamjin is that by going against orders he became even more threatening than normal 'obedient' zentradi who are just ordered to die needlesly by thier leaders. Yeah ok so he is a 'backstabber' but he led the attack on the sdf1 so that makes him far more dangerous imo These are probably the ones that are able to cause the most probs. I think of a "rogue" as being like the sneaky cunning survivor who cares more about themselves than thier own men and will break rules.

Maybe you could split rogues into two types:

-honourable ones that were loyal to thier guy at the top. They will either suck up, or just be loyal to them for comfort reasons with no independant thought. No ambition to lead at all or observe what thier leader is doing, so long as they can stay in the position they are in as a servant.

-cunning ones that use the system to thier advantage to increase thier power (ie like they are all too ready to fuq over the gorrilla at the top to take his place and have that control for themselves)

Given that kamjin is a guy who kills his own, will backstab anyone, he is 'rogue' in the corrupt sense. I bet there are lots of these types after baldy's death (due to a struggle to be the one in power?) but they are more like they want to do stuff that is self serving, rather than organised. Think starscream from the decepticons in transformers. How many times was he trying to make Megatron look like an idiot in front of the others so he could lead? Now if megatron were to Die, do you think people would have soundwave as leader who can barely think for himself or generate an original thought of his own?

Now I think that a majority of the aliens once they found out thier leader was gone, no longer felt any fear to follow orders, and were also scared that they lost SW I, so they just ran off. UN SPACY is king and just needs to mop up the rest. This is what isamu is fighting: random faceless zentradi from SW I who is either scared that he will be killed by his own leader due to contamination, or scared of micron culture because he heard about how minmay defeated them with it as some kind of secret weapon.

Her'es how I see it...

We know Bodolza isn't the only guy with a Fulbtzs-Berrentzs.

There's 1-2 thousand of them.

That implies 1-2k similar fleets.

If things were bad enough that the head of all zentradi got involved, I would expect more than one of those fleets to come with him.

Bodolza is the highest-ranking zentradi we've seen, but he's not the highest-ranked overall(http://macross.anime.net/mecha/zentradi/index.html says there's at least one level above Bodolza).

When his ship was smashed, the forces attached to it folded out. Presumably they joined up with other fleets, though they may have simply retreated to strategically signifigant locations such as factory satellites.

Anyways, since there IS a heirarchy that extends beyond Bodolza, the fact that they haven't delivered a smackdown of unimaginable proportions indicates that Bodolza did NOT report to them before attempting to obliterate us. Anyone capable of destroying a main fleet IS a threat to the zentradi, and they would IMMEDIATLY strike back, this time with multiple fleets.

There's several possible reasons Bodolza wouldn't report before going in.

Perhaps he found the mission too mundane to bother detailing. The sterilization of a single world whose inhabitants didn't have interstellar travel, or even a signifigant space force, wouldn't exactly be a danger to the fleet even WITH a small number of traitor zentradi reinforcements, so why bother mentioning it?

Could be a power play of some sort. If he smites the miclones and protects the zentradi from cultural contamination, he could be a hero. Get bumped up to whatever's above main fleet commander. If he reports in beforehand, they might send somebody else to do the extermination.

Or maybe it's a diffrent kind of power play.

By playing things close to his chest he gets to omit that there were major defections from cultural contamination in 3 seperate forces, including the entire Adoclas fleet led by one of his highest-ranked and seemingly highly-decorated subordinates. Also makes it easier to omit that he's had personal contact with both the miclones and the spies that brought culture back to the fleet in the first place. He could himself be considered "contaminated" if that got out.

By holding information back until after the strike, he can just say that Britai's, Lap'Lamiz', and Kamjin's fleets were destroyed in a glorious battle, and the fact that it was while fighting for the other side never has to enter the record. All the evidence is destroyed, as well as anyone that might dispute the claim.

Depending on what he's reported already, he could even claim he wiped out a major Supervision Army base(the SA WAS what led them to Earth in the first place), segue'ing from power play 2 into power play 1. He's covered his ass AND earned a medal.

Well, I suppose what I'm wondering is why hasn't mankind had to fight any more zentreadi?

Space is a big place and all, but I mean, considering how many colonization fleets they sent out, there's no way they couldn't have found

Or are the fleets spread out over the whole universe, rather than just the Milky Way?

I suppose that would depend on how far Protoculture had spread...

One more thing I'm entirely confused about is just WHO THE HELL DID THE ZENTREADI FIGHT FOR THE LAST 500,000 YEARS OR SO? If they were meant to expand the power of the protoculture, and then later used to fight within the two split protoculture factions... then who did they fight before? And why are they one group now (unless you're going by the DYRL view).

I find it ironic that there are so many experienced Zentreadi aces at the beginning of the war... seeing as how they couldn't possibly have fought anyone but themselves (if you're going by the DYRL way of looking it it... I'm still not sure which point of view is supposed to be the canon).

Maybe this time Basara will have to reform Fire Bomber in order to stop SW2? LOL

One more thing,

I must say it would have been FAR more conventient (not to mention realistic) if they had just left that one fleet as the singular Zentreadi force, and just assume that they didn't typically gather in entireity except for SW1. Because otherwise it's not a truely lasting peace if just a fraction of a fraction joins together with humanity (minus those who break off and rebel).

Otherwise, they SHOULD have made a story about the remaining forces by now.

OR, just write off the comments at the end of DYRL as pure drama written for the movie made in 2031, in the canon.

Well if the zents are scared of the protodevlin.

and We kicked the Protodevlin asses with song energy and have controlled thier minds thanks to basara's music.

Then the zentradi are no threat. We have the reaction weapons (nukes) the ability to repair, and culture. As well as basara, transforming valks, and max and milia and the ability to think. Remember how surprised the zentradi were at the start of SDF:Macross about reaction weapons?

If they make a new macross ova I hope it follows on from what we saw in M7 and M Zero. The humans are the peace bringers fixing stuff. And the PC were the ones to wreck stuff. There is no one left to fight since the PC are extinct now or near extinct unless there are still living out there and we get a situation like space battleship yamato and they come to earth to finish us off. (we were supposed to have died by the hands of procacha the god in the mayan islanders' legend)

The only thing that can kill humans are a race of aliens with godlike fighting powers who can tap into the other dimensions and materialise the thoughts with thier minds to create stuff. Unlike the priestess on the island, it is not magic that 'costs' anything though. It will probably be something not too disimilar to the 'wish granting' treasure you see in outlaw star. (this would be the reward for merging all races as one and uniting the universe into a peaceful community again after a cycle of destruction caused by the zentradi.)

What happened when milia and max got married and had a half breed kid was sort of like what will happen between all the alien races as it introduced new combinations of beings. The only problem is what I think will happen is humans having inherited PC technology will try to control all other races and we become like the evil empire in star wars. As a result of this we humans make war with ourselves because we can never agree on anything and this brings out extinction. And the cycle repeats with whatever next race finds out about us through the ruins we left.

Then the zentradi are no threat. We have the reaction weapons (nukes) the ability to repair, and culture. As well as basara, transforming valks, and max and milia and the ability to think. Remember how surprised the zentradi were at the start of SDF:Macross about reaction weapons?

394431[/snapback]

I haven't seen the TV show in it's original form (just Robotech...), but assuming that what they say in DYRL was said in the TV show as well, there are at least a 1000 Boldolza/Lap Lamiz-class cruisers each with a fleet of over a million ships in the Milky Way alone.

That's what I'd call a threat.

Of course, Macross has about the most convuluted backstory out of any anime anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Well if the zents are scared of the protodevlin.

and We kicked the Protodevlin asses with song energy and have controlled thier minds thanks to basara's music.

Then the zentradi are no threat.

394431[/snapback]

I won't say that....It seems as if the Zentradi aren't scared of the Protodevlin, but get more aggitated with their presence. Millia put quite a bit of effort to restraining herself from pulling out her gun and start shooting. She didn't run into a corner and hide. Another Zentradi rammed the car in front of his upon seeing Sivil and the look on his face was one that said "I'll kill you!!!!!".

I have to make 2 points about the "over 1000 more Zentraedi fleets" mentioned in DYRL.

1) Why has another Zentraedi fleet not found and attacked earth ? It's a big galaxy. None of them found us in the previous 499, 990 years - why should another one show up now?

2) More Zentraedi are encountered and fought in ALL the Macross follow up series (except Macross Zero). In Macross II it clear stated Zentraedi attacks were regular occurances and the they were always defeated by the Minmay Culture Attack. In Macross Plus Izamu is shown fighting Zentraedi. In Macross 7, they encounter a Meltrandi fleet in Fleet of the Strongest Women.

So the presence of other Zentraedi fleets has been explored somewhat. I tend to agree with you though. I'd prefer more strories that fill in the Protoculture/Supervision Army/Zentraedi backstory of the Macross universe and less junk with mediocre pop songs.

I have to make 2 points about the "over 1000 more Zentraedi fleets" mentioned in DYRL.

1) Why has another Zentraedi fleet not found and attacked earth ? It's a big galaxy. None of them found us in the previous 499, 990 years - why should another one show up now?

2) More Zentraedi are encountered and fought in ALL the Macross follow up series (except Macross Zero). In Macross II it clear stated Zentraedi attacks were regular occurances and the they were always defeated by the Minmay Culture Attack. In Macross Plus Izamu is shown fighting Zentraedi. In Macross 7, they encounter a Meltrandi fleet in Fleet of the Strongest Women.

So the presence of other Zentraedi fleets has been explored somewhat. I tend to agree with you though. I'd prefer more strories that fill in the Protoculture/Supervision Army/Zentraedi backstory of the Macross universe and less junk with mediocre pop songs.

394707[/snapback]

Yeah, I *know* it's a big galaxy (massively big), but we're talking about several billion ships, all capable of transversing the galaxy in a matter of hours (so long as you know where you're going), and instant long-range communications.

I simply refuse to beleive that the other fleets would be completely unware of SW1, or that they wouldn't come knocking

If they want to right off the rest of the fleets as have already made peace, or simply not getting involved, that's fine... but they need to at least mention it. But the conflicts that have taken place in the sequel series were simply minor skirmishes...

Also, I *really* need to see the TV series...

Edited by Raptor

The impression I got was that with the collapse of the Stellar Republic and the defeat of the protodevlin there's really nothing left of a command and control structure above the Boldolza level. Thus there's no one to coordinate a larger attack on Earth. That combined with the fact that most of the rest of the Zentradi are still out chasing down the remnants of the Supervision Army means Earth lucked out when it was most vulnerable. By the time any fleets were able to figure out what happened and marshall their forces for an attack Earth had been turned into the fortress we see in M+.

Perhaps there was never a Zentraedi head, meaning the Protoculture had one of their guys or organizations as head, or left the Zentraedi as free-roamers to expand the Protoculture's domain. If there was a Zent. Supreme Comander, it would make it easier for him or her to mobilize against the Protoculture.

btw, the 2000 fleets in this galaxy alone was from DYRL. There is no such statement in the series. All appearances show the Boldoza fleet to be the mass sum of the Zent. forces

Well Bodolza and his peers were most likely around to take orders directly from their Protoculture masters and were also part of the civil war that nearly wiped out the protoculture race. The armada commanders are the oldest surviving Zents that we know of.

The Zents' main enemy is the Supervision Army; the force that the Proto Devlin apparently created. Thus any other Armada would most likely be engaged in battles with them across the galaxy.

Thus as JBO has already posted, it is most likely he didn't bother to mention the nuisance battle with a Microne system since it really didn't affect any other Armadas. There is probably a fair bit of competition between the Fleet Commanders so to call for assistance for such a small matter would make Bodolza seem weak to his contemporaries.

If anything, eventually the Zents would begin to look for Badolza's Armada. However, a More likely situation would be that the Earth would have to face down an armada of Supervision forces.

You know, the forces Badolza's Armada would have been fighting in our corner of the galaxy...

I agree that most likely it was Protoculture commanders who outranked the Zent Armada commanders so without any new orders both armies would be fighting a perpetual war that they'd eventually not know why.

As for the Protodevlin getting their asses kicked, it was the other way around! The Mac 7 fleet faced very real annhilliation (recall the Mac 5 fleet?), but it was Grabil, Sivil and Firebomber combined that reached Glipnich, in a series of successive actions.

The big galaxy comments... you poeple don't grasp EXACTLY how big the galaxy is.

There's estimated to be over 400 BILLION stars in the Milky Way.

Even if only one in a thousand stars has planets, and only one in a thousand has habitable planets, they could visit a solar system a day and it would take them almost a half-million years to hit everywhere.

Given the Supervision Army moves around, the 1/1000 estimate is ridiculously conservative, there's a lot of interstellar facilities to hit too(like factory satellites), a good solar system search should take more than a day, and we're out in the ass-end of nowhere from a Protoculture PoV, the odds of anyone stumbling onto us through blind chance are absurdly low, and the odds of it happening TWICE are essentially zero.

It's amazing the Supervision Army ship defolded within a hundred light years of us, much less close enough to hit Earth immediatly afterwards. It's really the most absurd story feature in the entire series, and it's accepted blindly without question.

btw, the 2000 fleets in this galaxy alone was from DYRL.  There is no such statement in the series.  All appearances show the Boldoza fleet to be the mass sum of the Zent. forces

394900[/snapback]

Compendium says there's 1-2k Fullbtz-Berentzes. That implies 1-2k fleets of similar size, as the FB has a large sum of "carrier" space in it.

It's amazing the Supervision Army ship defolded within a hundred light years of us, much less close enough to hit Earth immediatly afterwards. It's really the most absurd story feature in the entire series, and it's accepted blindly without question.

395115[/snapback]

That was the jist of my comment earlier in the thread. The galaxy is really big. Without the Protoculture leadership I think the Zentraedi basically wander in large gangs picking fights rather than systematicly exploring.

Given the Earth's special status to the Protoculture as the source of the Human genome it's probably not a coincidence that the ASS-1 landed here. And I don't think the ASS-1 was just any ship - there was something special about it. I suspect that these points were to be explored in Macross Zero, but we'll probably never know. Because of Kawamori's ham-fisted story telling and the series premature truncation they remain mysteries.

That was the jist of my comment earlier in the thread. The galaxy is really big. Without the Protoculture leadership I think the Zentraedi basically wander in large gangs picking fights rather than systematicly exploring.

I was sort of skimming, and saw someone say that they SHOULD stumble upon us again. It was just sort of baffling. Sorry.

Given the Earth's special status to the Protoculture as the source of the Human genome it's probably not a coincidence that the ASS-1 landed here.

That's backwards. Humanity was a result of genetic engineering by a survey ship that was destroyed on the way back by the Supervision Army. The PC is the source of the human genome, and the PC didn't even know we were here.

And I don't think the ASS-1 was just any ship - there was something special about it.

That's the Robotech talking. :p

The PC is the source of the human genome, and the PC didn't even know we were here.

That's what DYRL says. I'm not sure that's in SDF:M. This is something that should have been clarified in Mac Zero but I don't think it was.

And I don't think the ASS-1 was just any ship - there was something special about it.

395141[/snapback]

Lets not go there. If not for Robtoech few of us would even know about Macross.

Edited by DestroidDefender

One more thing I'm entirely confused about is just WHO THE HELL DID THE ZENTREADI FIGHT FOR THE LAST 500,000 YEARS OR SO?  If they were meant to expand the power of the protoculture, and then later used to fight  within the two split protoculture factions...  then who did they fight before?  And why are they one group now (unless you're going by the DYRL view). 

394422[/snapback]

Well one could assume that the Protoculture Republic consisted of several thousand different races (similar to the Galactic Republic of SW lore).

So the Zents' initial enemies were those worlds who resisted the will of the initial Protoculture Empire.

Most likely the races conquered may have been more technologically advanced than the PC Empire, but when faced with an Armada of giants bred for war in your star system, it would be pretty difficult to hold them off indefinitely.

We are led to believe the PC empire stretched Galaxy wide, so the logistics of conquering such a vast empire would be rather mind blowing. It would explain the massive build up fleets and armies.

However after the fall of the PC Republic the logistical support for the aramadas on both sides would falter as no new facilities would be built to support the massive war machines.

Well one could assume that the Protoculture Republic consisted of several thousand different races (similar to the Galactic Republic of SW lore).

395481[/snapback]

I've always imagined the Protoculture being a homogenous population (not unlike the Japanese).

I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

Seeing as how in the Macross canon, the human race was basically manipulated with what was probably a pretty basic set of human genes (I assume the beings that were manipulated were the pre-Homo Sapien human species'...), yet still developed into several different races, with only a few hundred thousand years, seperated only by a few thousand miles.

On the other hand, Protoculture had been around for for about a million years, and eventually spread all over the universe.

There's no way that racial groups wouldn't have developed. They probably just had less importance than protoculture's view of itself as singular group.

Even the Japanese are getting less and less homogenous... they only maintained their status as a single race (minus the Ainu) on a single group of islands because of their above-normal isolation (both socially and physically) from the rest of the world.

Edited by Raptor

I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

Seeing as how in the Macross canon, the human race was basically manipulated with what was probably a pretty basic set of human genes (I assume the beings that were manipulated were the pre-Homo Sapien human species'...), yet still developed into several different races, with only a few hundred thousand years, seperated only by a few thousand miles.

On the other hand, Protoculture had been around for for about a million years, and eventually spread all over the universe.

There's no way that racial groups wouldn't have developed.  They probably just had less importance than protoculture's view of itself as singular group.

395537[/snapback]

I understand where you're coming from.

However we are also talking about a civilization who are experts at genetic manipulation and cloning. Who's to say they didn't develop a singular genetic template (like the Nazis did) in their early past to base future generations on?

I'm not saying I'm right; all I'm saying is this is how I've always imagined the Protoculture.

Even the Japanese are getting less and less homogenous...

395537[/snapback]

Really? How is that so?

The PC is the source of the human genome, and the PC didn't even know we were here.

That's what DYRL says. I'm not sure that's in SDF:M. This is something that should have been clarified in Mac Zero but I don't think it was.

It's what the official chronology says.

http://macross.anime.net/story/chronology/...0000/index.html

PC 2870

A Protoculture survey ship stops temporarily on "Earth." By genetically reconstructing the native life, it plots the emergence of a sub-Protoculture adapted to the planetary enivronment, "Humankind," to prepare for future colonization. During its return to its home planet, the survey ship is destroyed by military ships opposed to the Stellar Republic. Records of Earth and Humankind are eventually lost. [PC 2900]

395141[/snapback]

Lets not go there. If not for Robtoech few of us would even know about Macross.

395469[/snapback]

So?

It's still a plot element added by Robotech that wasn't present at any point in Macross, nor even hinted at in the official backstory.

Edited by JB0

Here's my take, the mighty Boldolza Fleet gets annihilated by microns thereby reinforcing the myth that Zhentradi should stay clear of microns. That is why the other fleets did not attack.

Zhentradi that comes into contact with the micron fleet either gets destroyed, assimilated or escape. Any escaping ships get immediately destroyed by other Zhentradi because they were contaminated by micron contact.

This also explains why, knowing this, Kamjin never left our solar system.

F.

Wasn't the special thing about it the ability to use a full barrier? Or was that a mistake found out by accident?

I thought that was cool. Too bad they haven't miniturised the tech so that a valk has one too instead of just a pin point barrier. You could make a valk a cannonball by having it surrounded by a full barrier, and the valk would kamikaze attack the enemy by crashing into the hull of the ship and creating a big hole. (sort of like a mini deadalus attack)

Now add a fold booster to get to the enemy by teleporting there, and this could be a deadly tactic. A good tactic future zentradi rogues could use is to fold inside an SDF1 full barrier, and then turn on thier full barriers while crashing into the SDF to make hundred of holes.

If sharon apple wanted to, she could have folded the SDF1 to a safe place, think up a plan to get the rogue zentradi on her side for a mass invasion of earth, and later crashed the whole sdf1 onto the planet while the full barrier protected her and the rogues inside as she burrowed into the earth to get to all the grand cannons. Then after running out of energy and having hacked into all the defenses like the sattelite guns and drones: Turn off the full barrier and then let all the zentradi enter the grand cannon through the massive holes she made to destroy earth's last defences from the inside. (Its like a deadalus attack but with the whole body of the ship)

The barriers were the result of the UN's research on the ship... and they were disovered by accident (after the fold system dissepeared when they first folded the ship). None of the other ships had this.

Of course, we all know what happened the first time they tried to use it as a full-sized barrier...

Yeah but that was only because the zentradi kept shooting and shooting and shooting to deliberately cause an overload. Of course sharon apple being an AI doesn't care about human life anyway so there isn't much of a problem. Just have it automatically turn off after a time and let the ship armor eat some damage by reducing it back to a pin point barrier which she controls.

Wasn't the special thing about it the ability to use a full barrier? Or was that a mistake found out by accident?

I thought that was cool. Too bad they haven't miniturised the tech so that a valk has one too instead of just a pin point barrier. You could make a valk a cannonball by having it surrounded by a full barrier, and the valk would kamikaze attack the enemy by crashing into the hull of the ship and creating a big hole. (sort of like a mini deadalus attack)

Now add a fold booster to get to the enemy by teleporting there, and this could be a deadly tactic. A good tactic future zentradi rogues could use is to fold inside an SDF1 full barrier, and then turn on thier full barriers while crashing into the SDF to make hundred of holes.

If sharon apple wanted to, she could have folded the SDF1 to a safe place, think up a plan to get the rogue zentradi on her side for a mass invasion of earth, and later crashed the whole sdf1 onto the planet while the full barrier protected her and the rogues inside as she burrowed into the earth to get to all the grand cannons. Then after running out of energy and having hacked into all the defenses like the sattelite guns and drones: Turn off the full barrier and then let all the zentradi enter the grand cannon through the massive holes she made to destroy earth's last defences from the inside. (Its like a deadalus attack but with the whole body of the ship)

395585[/snapback]

M7 makes it clear that the full barrier is just standard Supervision Army issue, nothing special about it. It also makes clear that full barrier sheilding still arent workable for the UN Spacy by that point in time.

What would be really funny is if all the sdf could be combined into one big robot.

Like the way they tried to dock the ARMD in SDF:M before it got destroyed, they could link up with other ships and together they form an even more powerful ship. The SDF1 could for example act as an arm-mounted gun or a shield (when the barrier is turned on)