You really don't appreciate how huge battleships are until you've been on one. I've visited the New Jersey twice and I still can't get over just how impressive it really is.

I've also been on the HMS Belfast in London. While not a battleship nor as huge as one, it was still a pretty impressive ship!

I've never been on deck of a real big battleship, but the 1/1 scale movie set for the film "Yamato" was a pretty good substitute. I wanted to stay there all day and just soak it in.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new movie.....so glad that Hollywood didn't get their rat-claws on the rights to make it.

Someone mentioned a live-action Macross Frontier? Is that the pron version Cosplay Frontier?

Edited by peter

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the credits for the film at IMDB show some actor playing a "Kuukanki heitai" (Space Marine). So this and the scene of the Comet Empire Space Dreadnaught from the last trailer confirm that the movie is an amalgamation of the first and second seasons? Wow... I bet the film will be pretty long then... 3 hours perhaps? :ph34r:

I just noticed that the credits for the film at IMDB show some actor playing a "Kuukanki heitai" (Space Marine). So this and the scene of the Comet Empire Space Dreadnaught from the last trailer confirm that the movie is an amalgamation of the first and second seasons? Wow... I bet the film will be pretty long then... 3 hours perhaps? :ph34r:

I think it is, in the online trailer it has what looks like the scene where Saito is in front of the engine room getting shot to pieces...

Maybe two films being shot back to back? Footage being intermingled for trailers? Not too likely I know, but it would save on some production costs.

Taksraven

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bah, Armageddon was nothing compared to Yamato. Armageddon only had one astreroid speeding towards earth. Yamato has dozens of radioactive meteros impacting Earth and devastating the environement forcing the reminants of humanity to hold up underground. Under these circumstances, this theme song should be at least 100x better than "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing."

Also, no sign of Analyzer in the trailer makes me sad, who will try to peak up Yuki's skirt if he's not there?

Bah, Armageddon was nothing compared to Yamato. Armageddon only had one astreroid speeding towards earth. Yamato has dozens of radioactive meteros impacting Earth and devastating the environement forcing the reminants of humanity to hold up underground. Under these circumstances, this theme song should be at least 100x better than "Don't Wanna Miss A Thing."

Also, no sign of Analyzer in the trailer makes me sad, who will try to peak up Yuki's skirt if he's not there?

There's no sign of Yuki wearing a skirt, either... :(

I invested in the Five disc Yamato set purchased off the Star Blazers Website and was very pleased with it. Even though subtitled in English, and as with Macross, I enjoyed the original much better.

I'm terrified to see what those disc's will look like on an HD set. On an SD set, they were pretty much low end VHS masters that looked like 3rd generation copies, I don't know if I can bare an even worse look at them...

Speaking of scary

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jheiEfGXQ6k

Edited by Keith

I'm terrified to see what those disc's will look like on an HD set. On an SD set, they were pretty much low end VHS masters that looked like 3rd generation copies, I don't know if I can bare an even worse look at them...

The movies didn't look bad, most certainly not great though. The Star Blazers TV show though, terrible.

I wouldn't worry about a Star Blazers version of the live action movie - I think they have given up on anything new for Star Blazers (didn't the Star Blazers website translate the Bolar Wars comic and use the Japanese names for everything? They might have used the Star Blazers names and I skipped over it)

The movies didn't look bad, most certainly not great though. The Star Blazers TV show though, terrible.

I wouldn't worry about a Star Blazers version of the live action movie - I think they have given up on anything new for Star Blazers (didn't the Star Blazers website translate the Bolar Wars comic and use the Japanese names for everything? They might have used the Star Blazers names and I skipped over it)

I'm not worried about a starblazers version of the movie either, as Voyager Ent seems to have a much higher degree of sense than HG. The second scary thing were the awful designs in Nishiazki's Yamato Rebirth movie. Hell, that thing looks like it was done by whoever did "The Shadow Chronicles."

[media][/media]

Space Battleship Yamato Live-Action Movie 3rd Trailer

http://yamato-movie.net/

http://www.alafista.com/2010/09/19/space-battleship-yamato-live-action-movie-3rd-trailer/

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler sings "Space Battleship Yamato" theme

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6639

Wow, nice, thanks for posting. I can't wait to watch the trailer with sound later!

Peter

Edited by peter

Heard that last night and was thinking, "They got Aerosmith to do the title song?" - looks like they did.

Movie just keeps looking better and better.

Actually is only Steve Tyler alone who composed and performed the song. So technically is not an Aerosmith theme...

I'm sad that this probably won't get a US release. :(

The Official Site was updated and now the menu has a new feature called "ENGLISH VERSION". This and the fact that the title has Enlgish words on it makes me think that at least a DVD/Blueray maybe a possibility...

Hope its as epic as "Don't wanna miss a thing" B))

I hated that damned song... <_< Why u ask? Because it got played over and over and over in radio and TV when the movie was released... I just got tired of it.

...Did they even WATCH Yamato?!

Lol yep they did. And BSG too. Actually I like the modifications to the plot and characters.

Btw, here's another new short trailer from YouTube...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Indeed, it looks just like a polished Shadow Chronicles that was pumped with estrogen pills. Chosing a girly boy band to cover the manly Isao Sasaki verison was the last straw for me. I am so boycotting this new Yamato movie

Whoa, they made the uniforms look worse than the originals. Not terribly crazy about the "new" style of the character designs.

Whoa, they made the uniforms look worse than the originals. Not terribly crazy about the "new" style of the character designs.

Yeah. Those sharp uniforms and Engine Room twins bugged the heck outta me. :mellow:

Lol yep they did. And BSG too. Actually I like the modifications to the plot and characters.

Btw, here's another new short trailer from YouTube...

I was actually joking about that Panty & Analyzer thing, as I can totally see why those would be left out (or will they?!), but I think it looks more like the new ST than BSG.

Just finished watching Yamato Resurrection. It wasn't horrendous or anything, but wasn't great. It was worth watching for the scenes with Yamato in it, but I wished there were more. I watched it twice in a row, then went back and watched some of the battle scenes about half a dozen more times. The opening scene when Yamato broke out of the ice really moved me, wish the song was done by the original singer, but overall, it was still pretty moving. The first time I watched the trailer, with just music and no singing was enough for me already...epically awesome. I hope they make more movies, or TV shows, but I heard the movie didn't do so well in the box office (which is too bad since this is the first Yamato anime in what, 20 years or something?)....seems like they're running out of ideas for stories. This is kind of corny, but I think it'd be cool if they resurrected Musashi to fight along side Yamato. I know it will never happen, and I can't even think of a decent plot that would lead to something like that, but it would be cool to see the sister ships in space.

The scenes from the Pachinko games are still pretty epic for me, and I hope the battle scenes from the live action movie are at least as cool as the scenes from the Pachinko game.