Macross Plus Stuff

treatment

I've seen plenty of Macross Plus AMVs, and quite frankly, they're not all that. You've probably seen these as well:

- "Mighty Wings" by Cheap Trick

- "Falling" by The Offspring

- "Fuel for Fire" by Metallica

- "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed

- "Top Gun Anthem" by Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens / "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (Macross + Macross Plus AMV)

Edited by areaseven

I've seen plenty of Macross Plus AMVs, and quite frankly, they're not all that. You've probably seen these as well:

- "Mighty Wings" by Cheap Trick

Tell me about it....I think I've seen that one...

- "Top Gun Anthem" by Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens / "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins (Macross + Macross Plus AMV)

390808[/snapback]

I know I've seen that one. I thought that was the best of the bunch....which isn't saying much.

BTW....please post fanworks (this includes AMVs) in the Fanworks section. I'm getting quite annoyed with moving them all the time.

The most surprising one for me was a vid with b'ground music courtesy of--get this--a collabo w/Busta Rhymes and Ozzie Osbourne. :huh: So unusual and different, it caught me off guard, but I was like "hey, that's so different it actually works."

Certainly not the first time hip hop has tapped into "hard rock" for musical inspiration--credit for the original merging of the two genres would have to go to RUN DMC/Aerosmith's "Walk This Way"? Didn't Ice T do some of the same with a metal band providing b'ground licks for one of his albums?

I'm surprised no enterprising hip hop artists have attempted to tap rock icons AC/DC for a collabo effort. Actually, the vocals to "Back in Black" even almost sound a little like rap, or "rock-rap" or something [is that Angus Young lead singing? or was he the original lead that died?]

Edited by reddsun1

Well, if you listen to the lyrics you'll notice, that it matches key moments. For example, everytime the singer says anything: "engines pumping and thumping in time" or "the green light flashes, the flags go up" or "but he's driving and striving and hugging the turns." There is always some link to what lyrics describe. I think is pretty entertaining IMO.

Great video. The scenes they chose do match the lyrics pretty well. There actually is a scene of flags going up :)

Two others I like are one done to a Future Sound of London song, and one done to Dune's Electric Heaven. You used to be able to find all of these on animemusicvideos.org