The Simpsons Movie.

• 3 months later...

Slightly OT:

I've been playing alot of the game Bully and thinking about what if some developer made a Simpsons version (ala Hit & Run) where your playing Bart.

Anyhoo back to topic:

There's a new trailer for the movie before Reno 911:Miami which was a pretty funny movie IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL50ddCSJmo

• 3 months later...

I have to say that part of me wants to see this movie... but to be honest I didn't laugh once at that trailer. I have not actually out loud laughed at the Simpsons in years. Family Guy on the other hand makes me about pee myself laughing weekly... I think Family Guy completely eclipsed the Simpsons for "which is funnier" in my mind a while back and now my brain simply will not laugh at the Simpsons anymore. I have no doubt the Simpsons movie will be funny... but I'm not sure it's entirely "my cup of tea" anymore. As I said months and months ago earlier in this thread, had this movie come out in say 1998 I would have been all over it waiting in line with the rest of you... but it's 2007 now and my interest in it has wained.

I have to say that part of me wants to see this movie... but to be honest I didn't laugh once at that trailer. I have not actually out loud laughed at the Simpsons in years. Family Guy on the other hand makes me about pee myself laughing weekly... I think Family Guy completely eclipsed the Simpsons for "which is funnier" in my mind a while back and now my brain simply will not laugh at the Simpsons anymore. I have no doubt the Simpsons movie will be funny... but I'm not sure it's entirely "my cup of tea" anymore. As I said months and months ago earlier in this thread, had this movie come out in say 1998 I would have been all over it waiting in line with the rest of you... but it's 2007 now and my interest in it has wained.

I've seen Family Guy directly rip off The Simpsons more than once. Though I'm not a South Park fan, I agree wholeheartedly with their description of Family Guy. I think that the show REALLY lost it after their "comeback" when they added the "obligatory pop culture reference starring the Family Guy cast" to EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. Yawn.

The Simpsons has gone on too long, but they've pretty much done everything else...

Edited by Max Jenius

Funny you should mention South Park... I used to about die laughing at it and the movie nearly killed me, but every time I watch it lately I struggle to even giggle at it. It too has completely lost it's appeal to me and IMHO it is another show that has outlived it's "funniness". But it's all personal opinion... we'll see how well the Simpsons movie does come it's release. My guess is it will do "good" but not "great", like most comedies these days.

• 3 weeks later...

as you all know they've opened up Kwiki marts across the country

My brother got me a kwiki mart slurpee styrofoam cup and buzz cola

this is really cool in an odd sort of way.

I was told that theres supposed to be on in Bladensburg MD

this link is of somebody elses kwiki mart

http://www.nohomers.net/showthread.php?t=62348

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing it. It was pretty much what I expected, an extra long episode with Futurama-style animation. It was consistently funny but it does have the vibe of modern Simpsons more so than the early to mid seasons, which will always be impossible to beat.

I was really disappointed at the lack of Skinner. He was seen maybe once, but I don't think he spoke even one word.

And spoiler of spoilers I can't believe they showed Bart's twig and berries. The scene was funny as all hell, but still...

My favorite scene was the Disneyesqe forest animals helping undress Marge and Homer for their imminent copulation, and then the look of horror on the animals faces once Homer and Marge get it on.

Overall it was quite funny and I would definitely watch it again and possibly buy the DVD.

Saw it last night.... I really liked it. It was definitely better than the show has been in years...

One not very spoilerish thing... did anyone else who saw it think that the scene with Homer's epiphany was remarkably similar to the TV ending of Evangelion when Shinji has the epiphany and he is applauded? It was eerily similar...

Saw it last night.... I really liked it. It was definitely better than the show has been in years...

One not very spoilerish thing... did anyone else who saw it think that the scene with Homer's epiphany was remarkably similar to the TV ending of Evangelion when Shinji has the epiphany and he is applauded? It was eerily similar...

Yes indeed. Not sure if its done on purpose, but its very similar to Eva in that aspect.

I am not a Simpsons fan per se, but got to watch it for a free screening. I can see that many Simpsons fans won't be disappointed by it. Lots of jokes, and a fun joy ride. Even got a good load of CG graphics blended in there too, without feeling too different from the TV show. Just feel more high budget.

Wow... the quality of the animation in the film was great! I saw the movie earlier today.. LOVED it!!! Especially the stuff they could get away with in the theater like Bart's weiner, Marge saying "g-damnit", and Otto hitting up that bong! I actually haven't seen any regular series episodes in years, so I was surprised to hear that many of ya thought it had gone down hill. But then again, that happens to most long running shows. I just got a couple of the earlier seasons on DVD and have been watching some of my fav episodes to reminesce such as "Last Exit to Springfield, Mr. Plow, and 22 Films About Springfield." Classic stuff!

Just saw it this afternoon (and loved it), and that's what immediately popped into my head during that scene. It just seems so blatant, I don't see how it can be anything but a nod to the last episode.

Just to go all out in how much I loved the movie,

the scene at the gasoline station in which Bart quickly redrew the wanted poster of the Simpsion and then the cashier actually saw the people from Bart's ugly revision of the poster which was the least expected thing to happen; then when they were arrested and Bart's evil laugh as they drove off just made everyone in the theater go wild, probably one of the best scenes in the whole movie for me

:lol:

Edit: Grammar fixes.

Edited by Ishimaru