Display Your Collections...

im new collector of macross and TF so far this is my collections

Very nice collection you have going indeed Envectus. I'm new myself and this hobby is very addictive. I just scored on the Low Vis. 1 & 2 along with the Armor Parts Wood Land color & Urban City Camouflage. Next for the are the M & M Super Valks!

Even thought I'm a long time Macross fan, I haven't bought much figures/toys. :wacko:

Things changes, finally I received my order from HLJ of my very first Macross toys B))

vf1svi2.th.jpg

These are some of the best toys I've seen.

The logitech is terrific and packed with an incredible amount of details for such a tiny figure.

And of course Yamato 1/48 VF-1S is awesome, almost perfect, but you already know that. ^_^

I used the original sticker but I'm waiting for Takatoy's to had even more sweetness to this truely amazing toy.

Too bad the head stick out that much in fighter mode. :(

Now that is the SHIIIIZZZZZNNNIT brother!!! I expect to be seeing that at the Con.

:ph34r:

Thank you bro! Yes, I will bring it to the convention along with my other concoctions which hopefully I will be able to manifest soon! MightyMuggs Milia meltraendi flightsuit and chunky monkey Zentraedi "Kamjin's Hijack" scheme! And maybe some more valkgirls.

Even thought I'm a long time Macross fan, I haven't bought much figures/toys. :wacko:

Things changes, finally I received my order from HLJ of my very first Macross toys B))

Congratulations on your plunge into the endless hobby of macross figure collecting. Hopefully you do not have a family, wife, children, girlfriend, or any other needs to spend money such as rent, car payments, the necessity for eating and so forth. Good luck and welcome to the psychotic club!

:lol: Thank you Miriya. But I do have a wife. <_<

Geez I spent so much money on my favourite Alien, Predator , Terminator , Robocop, LOTR , Saint Seiya and now I'm going for Macross , Yukikaze and Mospeada. :wacko:

Sideshow and HT are pretty happy with customers like me.

Hopefully my wife can't lay an eye on my bank account otherwise she would kill me. :lol::blink:

Hopefully my wife can't lay an eye on my bank account otherwise she would kill me. :lol::blink:

Good for you! Just make certain you keep it that way. This world can not afford to loose another Macross fan due to domestic murder! I have a feeling that quite a lot of us are skating on thin Ice with this subject!

By the way, I really liked the photo you posted and they way you displayed those three roys together. The Imen are cute! I have a Milia one.

I have a feeling that quite a lot of us are skating on thin Ice with this subject!

Ha! Funny you say that. I pay for my Macross stuff using some retirement funds I have deferred into a savings account with my credit union. My wife doesn't even know the "real" amount of money I have spent. The few she has seen, she thinks I have spent no more than $30-$40 "on a toy". I just chuckle though and keep on buying, as my appetite for this stuff is insatiable! She's still in shock that I have spent the $30-$40 kind of money on "toys". Since I do not play with them and they are for display only, technically they are not toys, but collectibles rather.

BTW, good grabs Cain. From one newbie to another, welcome to the site!

How many of us live in the fear that our wives (or ex wives even) will find our profile here and read the posts, figure out how much we have shelled out and then brutally assassinate us? I know that I do! One of the reasons I have not put my location or any photos of myslef or use my "real" name (on the threads at least - those of you who have done transactions with me know my real name - "Lucy Fur")!

How many of us live in the fear that our wives (or ex wives even) will find our profile here and read the posts, figure out how much we have shelled out and then brutally assassinate us? I know that I do! One of the reasons I have not put my location or any photos of myslef or use my "real" name (on the threads at least - those of you who have done transactions with me know my real name - "Lucy Fur")!

Sorry brother but I am begining to think you may be the only one. But if that witch ever tried anything....you know what I would do to her. Ninja style baby!!! :ph34r:

I feel you misterryno! Thank God my wife is anti-computer all the way! Heck she even uses my email address when she's asked to reference one then asks me to check to see if she's got mail from this, that, and the other. It is a small world though. A guy walked into my office the other day and was admiring the fighters on my desk. Turns out the guy is into Gundam and the big Warrior robots or something. He said he frequents the MW site often. His wife works in my area and told him about the fighters on my desk and he decided to stop by. His wife happens to work with the same nursing agency as my wife does.

Valentine's Day was a success, so a couple of my figheters are home now. Not counting the Low Viz wood land color that was at the door today.

Valentine's Day was a success, so a couple of my figheters are home now. Not counting the Low Viz wood land color that was at the door today.

I'm glad that V-Day was a success mate. Congrats on getting some of your babies home. I tell ya though....it makes me feel queezy knowing that someting sooooo expensive can just sit in front of ones door all day long, that is why I have my items shipped to my work. I would be too mad if something were to happen.

Good for you! Just make certain you keep it that way. This world can not afford to loose another Macross fan due to domestic murder! I have a feeling that quite a lot of us are skating on thin Ice with this subject!

By the way, I really liked the photo you posted and they way you displayed those three roys together. The Imen are cute! I have a Milia one.

Yeah, I feel the same here. :)

My wife think I haven't spent no more than $1000 for my entire collection. She would need to multiply this number by 6 to get near the truth! :ph34r:

I love her. ^_^

Thank you for your comment about my photo. The Imen VF-1S is pretty neat.

Updated pics of my Takatoku collection. Unfortunately I had to sell my 1/55 GBP last month :(

DAMN DUDE!!!!! I need to get my arse over to your crib since you live so close to me so I can just drooooooolllll!!! I will bring a bucket though so I am not to get any on you, your collection, or in your house :D

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

DAMN DUDE!!!!! I need to get my arse over to your crib since you live so close to me so I can just drooooooolllll!!! I will bring a bucket though so I am not to get any on you, your collection, or in your house :D

Right now the collection is migrating from one room to a larger room, so its all over the place. Once I get it set up in the new room I will finally have it up in display cases :)

Okay, I think I'm the only person on the planet who collects these... but here is my Ohsato Macross toy collection :)

*EDIT - I also have two Macross kites, but I didnt feel like taking them off the wall for this pic :)

ohsatocollection.JPG

Edited by Totoro242

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Right now the collection is migrating from one room to a larger room, so its all over the place. Once I get it set up in the new room I will finally have it up in display cases :)

Totoro242, I can't wait to see your entire vintage collection on display! All that Taka and Gakken goodness amassed and looming...I'm going to be consolidating my stuff soon as well, hopefully. Vintage Macross, Mospeada, Gatchaman, Yamato, Jumbo Machinders and Godaikin/Chogokin...my childhood behind UV-resistant glass doors. Can't wait!

Totoro242, I can't wait to see your entire vintage collection on display! All that Taka and Gakken goodness amassed and looming...I'm going to be consolidating my stuff soon as well, hopefully. Vintage Macross, Mospeada, Gatchaman, Yamato, Jumbo Machinders and Godaikin/Chogokin...my childhood behind UV-resistant glass doors. Can't wait!

Very cool. I bought two of those small Ikea cases and I'm also going to convert a large sliding door closet into a display case :)

I'm going to block out all outside light from the room so I'm not worried about UV on the glass, but I am concerned about UV from the lights I will be using. I'll have to find some sort of filter for them...

Can't wait to see your display :) You have very nice and clean toys :)

Hey Maverick, That is very cool. It is funny because I was just looking at those mechanical chain bases thinking, Hmmm, I wonder if I could fit a bunch of them together to fit my 1/48 Roy into? I really appreciate the shots because now I know it looks great!

How many of these mechanical Chain Bases did it take?

misterryno: thanks ryan :D

Miriya: 4 pcs chain base combined is decent enough to fit a 1/48 Valyrie in fighter mode.. i've been contemplating on using those for a diorama, what prompted me then was the size of it, it is afterall designed for 1/144 gundams i believe.. i never knew they could actually be combined to fit in larger scale mechas like the 1/48s until recently ;)

Thanks. I definitely want to try this. I am really bummed that everyone is out of stock except a few vendors have the 004, 005, &006 (that do not stack up on top of each other?). BUT... I found that on top of the new release of the 007 and 008 which look great (Supposed May release) there is a 009 and 010 (June Release) which look super duper cool! Hopefully I will be able to put the photos here. I am just really sad that I will have to wait until june to get 6 or more of these puppies!

EDIT: Took off stolen images. Please Visit HLJ.com and search for "mechanical chain base 010"

Edited by miriya