Display Your Collections...

Sweet! Congratulations! I have the 1/48 milia but not the max yet. Where did you get yours and how much did it cost?

Thanks Miriya. Jenius was kind of enough to part with the pair. I have to believe he has more than one set to let this pair go. As far as pricing goes, I'll say it was a fair deal. Check out his website. I'm assuming all the toys that he reviews belongs to him. He's a cool reasonable guy. Hit him up. He might have a Max he's willing to part with. B))

Edited by MacrossMan

This package just came in with some sweet Ghibli goods from Totoro, Nausicaa, and Kiki's. Got them through HLJ....

nice grab! I love those little ghibli figurines. I have one of nausicaa a friend of mine got for me when he visited the museum/themepark.

whoa nice grabs! are there more coming?....let me see your updated collection, macrossman!

Deuce V, thanks man. More stuff is on the way, but rest assured, I can not compete with you or most members for that matter. I know it's not about that as we can appeciate one Valk from a memeber or 1,000. I think we would be kidding ourselves though if there was not a little friendly competition to outdo one another. Anywho, I'll get an updated pic with everthing I been able to pick up. My 1/60's sold on Ebay over the weekend, so they no longer count. Pics coming once everything has made it. B))

Edited by MacrossMan

MacrossMan,

NICE grab there mate. Just set em up and knock em down for this guy. You're really gettin after it. Keep em comin man. I can't wait to see the set up for all these guys. BTW...I THINK Jenius only had those 2 from his website but I'm not sure.

:ph34r:

MacrossMan,

NICE grab there mate. Just set em up and knock em down for this guy. You're really gettin after it. Keep em comin man. I can't wait to see the set up for all these guys. BTW...I THINK Jenius only had those 2 from his website but I'm not sure.

Thanks misterryno, and I swear I'm just trying to play catch up man. Once I find a display shelf it'll be cool. My son is running through his transformers collection like I did as a kid. But he mimicks everyting I do. Once he sees me displaying my toys he will want to do the same; or at least that's what I am hoping. He's been watching the Macross series with me while playing with one of his Transformers in a pretend "Gerwalk" mode. He pulls the legs of his Excillion autobot to simulate Gerwalk. I gave him my Joon to play with while we watch the cartoons and he thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Edited by MacrossMan

Deuce V, thanks man. More stuff is on the way, but rest assured, I can not compete with you or most members for that matter. I know it's not about that as we can appeciate one Valk from a memeber or 1,000. I think we would be kidding ourselves though if there was not a little friendly competition to outdo one another. Anywho, I'll get an updated pic with everthing I been able to pick up. My 1/60's sold on Ebay over the weekend, so they no longer count. Pics coming once everything has made it. B))

dude, im not in an arms race with you or anybody here, i just want mine complete....that is my goal. i admit we were aftering the same stuff and im just amazed how much you have racked up so fast in a matter of a few weeks. i dont think anybody has done this before... your setting a world record here at your pace :o . theres no doubt youll complete your's soon. being late in the game is not bad at all ......you got your M&M and your low vis cheap unlike mine i paid over $1000 for those three last year. its all good....thats what i get for being

impatient.

Edited by Vegas Valkyrie

dude, im not in an arms race with you or anybody here, i just want mine complete....that is my goal. i admit we were aftering the same stuff and im just amazed how much you have racked up so fast in a matter of a few weeks. i dont think anybody has done this before... your setting a world record here at your pace :o . theres no doubt youll complete your's soon. being late in the game is not bad at all ......you got your M&M and your low vis cheap unlike mine i paid over $1000 for those three last year. its all good....thats what i get for being

impatient.

Macrossman is catching up fast, but I think sqidd holds the record for acquiring the most stuff in the shortest timespan. But like you said, it's not an armsrace, it's a hobby. B))

Edited by Dante74

impatient.

I'm with you all the way V-Squared. It's certainly not a race. I believe you speak for most when you say we're shooting to complete our collections. I doubt we'll ever do it, but it is the main goal. At this stage in the game, I don't think I will ever be able to purchase multiple Super & Strike parts for my Valkyries or more than one of each type. When I see yours and other guys collections I'm inspired and I think to myself "Oh, I have got to add that to mine!" is what I meant by the competition part of it. Outdo was the wrong terminology, as I share my collection here because I know you guys are the only ones who can appreciate it as I do. It is ironic that we have been after the same stuff as of late. I've been very fortunate in finding some great deals. 3 or a $1000??? :wacko: Ouch! I have a few more items coming in the weeks to come. If all goes well, we'll all be celebrating the arrival of the YF-21 next month. B))

Edited by MacrossMan

Thanks misterryno, and I swear I'm just trying to play catch up man. Once I find a display shelf it'll be cool. My son is running through his transformers collection like I did as a kid. But he mimicks everyting I do. Once he sees me displaying my toys he will want to do the same; or at least that's what I am hoping. He's been watching the Macross series with me while playing with one of his Transformers in a pretend "Gerwalk" mode. He pulls the legs of his Excillion autobot to simulate Gerwalk. I gave him my Joon to play with while we watch the cartoons and he thinks it's the coolest thing since sliced bread.

That's so cool to have that kind of relationship with your son. ^_^ I can't wait till my kids wanna play with my toys with me. When I have kids that is.

nice grab! I love those little ghibli figurines. I have one of nausicaa a friend of mine got for me when he visited the museum/themepark.

Can you post your nausicaa figure? What theme park? Is there a Ghibli theme park? Where is it?

That's so cool to have that kind of relationship with your son. ^_^ I can't wait till my kids wanna play with my toys with me. When I have kids that is.

It's an experience. My son has been sleeping with that Joon since I gave it to him this past Saturday. He's got to be one of the few 6 year olds I know that knows the old school Transformers theme song by heart. We sit in my office and watch the old episodes on Youtube. He now mumbles the Macross theme song in Japanese until he gets to "WILL YOU LOVE ME TO-MORROW!". I try to skip the opening of each episode, but he has to hear it as flies that damn Joon around the room. Then he'll demand that I stop it so he can transorm to "Girl-Walk". It's funny and enjoybable to watch all bundled up in one. We'll watch Robotech once we finish the Macross series.

It's an experience. My son has been sleeping with that Joon since I gave it to him this past Saturday. He's got to be one of the few 6 year olds I know that knows the old school Transformers theme song by heart. We sit in my office and watch the old episodes on Youtube. He now mumbles the Macross theme song in Japanese until he gets to "WILL YOU LOVE ME TO-MORROW!". I try to skip the opening of each episode, but he has to hear it as flies that damn Joon around the room. Then he'll demand that I stop it so he can transorm to "Girl-Walk". It's funny and enjoybable to watch all bundled up in one. We'll watch Robotech once we finish the Macross series.

You are a good father to start him on Macross (as opposed to Robotech). That is really impressive!

My 3 year old asked me about my tee shirt today:

"dada, what that?"

"Thats the SDF-1. It is a big giant robot."

"What it say"

"It says Macross, or 'Macuroussu'. It is dada's favoirite TV show. When you are a little bit older we can watch it together. first you have to learn to read subtitles."

"Ok"

Macross Man and Miriya.....

I wish you 2 were my Dad's.......

Your sons sound sooooooooooo cute!!!

protodeviln,

VERY nice looking collection there mate!!! You have alot of variety....I like that. BTW....Where's the Strike Cannon for your Strike Hikky???

Macross Man and Miriya.....

I wish you 2 were my Dad's.......

Your sons sound sooooooooooo cute!!!

Just you wait misterryno. My son and I do everything together. Heck I invested over $500 bucks in professional barber clippers to give him a professional haircut each week while creating more bonding time. Children just change your life man and it can't be put into words. If I died tomorrow my wife knows the significance of my collection and that she would keep it it pristine condition for my son until he turns 18. It's his to do what he wants then. It's because of my son that my interest has been sparked back into the toys and all. I got him this thing called the V-Bot for Christmas, but after my wife saw how over protective of it I was, she placed it high up on a shelf in my office. She could tell I didn't want him to break it because he couldn't appreciate it for what it was. It's a full function radio control car that transforms into a robot at the push of a button then dances and moves to his own music. After seeing the Transformers movie back this summer and the toys he got for Christmas. It's a spectacular thing re-living your childhood through your children. I had to show my son the original Transformers series on YouTube and he absolutely loved it! I think I enjoyed it more than he did. I saw Jetfire and thought to myself I bet I can find one one Ebay! When I searched Ebay, I saw all this "Macross" stuff and thought man there's no way I'm giving $200.00 for some "knock-off" Jetfire Transformer; WTF is Macross??? :wacko: . Then I started seeing the Robotech stuff and it that's when the light came on. I've seen plenty of mint Jetfires that I could have purchased for what I have given for some of my Macross fighters, but knowing that it all began with Macross, Jetfire is just kind of out of sight and out of mind right now. Once I have satisfied my Macross appetite, I will look for a mint Jetfire then start looking for my next collection...Gatchaman, Battle of the Planets...or what we knew them stateside as...G-FORCE!!! Trannnsss-Mute!!!!!!! :ph34r:

You are a good father to start him on Macross (as opposed to Robotech). That is really impressive!

My 3 year old asked me about my tee shirt today:

"dada, what that?"

"Thats the SDF-1. It is a big giant robot."

"What it say"

"It says Macross, or 'Macuroussu'. It is dada's favoirite TV show. When you are a little bit older we can watch it together. first you have to learn to read subtitles."

"Ok"

Ha! Miriya! You speak toddler very well man! I can sooooo relate! My son considers the desk in my office the repair shop. When he's popped an arm or leg off one of his transformers he stages them on my desk for me to fix. He thinks I can fix anything! If only that were true! Watch Miriya, the older he gets the more he will begin to emulate you. That's why I want to get a case soon, so he can start appreciating his Transformers the way I appreciate my Macross stuff. I've been buying duplicates of all his stuff just in case though. At $10-$20 each they're affordable enough to do it. Maybe I'll present them to him on his 16th birthday if his interest is still peaked. Then he can officially start collecting. Otherwise, I'll just hold on to them on GP.

Just you wait misterryno. My son and I do everything together. Heck I invested over $500 bucks in professional barber clippers to give him a professional haircut each week while creating more bonding time. Children just change your life man and it can't be put into words.

Now THAT mate...is an AMAZING thing. I find this overly wonderful that you have this bond.

If I died tomorrow my wife knows the significance of my collection and that she would keep it it pristine condition for my son until he turns 18. It's his to do what he wants then. It's because of my son that my interest has been sparked back into the toys and all. I got him this thing called the V-Bot for Christmas, but after my wife saw how over protective of it I was, she placed it high up on a shelf in my office. She could tell I didn't want him to break it because he couldn't appreciate it for what it was. It's a full function radio control car that transforms into a robot at the push of a button then dances and moves to his own music. After seeing the Transformers movie back this summer and the toys he got for Christmas. It's a spectacular thing re-living your childhood through your children. I had to show my son the original Transformers series on YouTube and he absolutely loved it! I think I enjoyed it more than he did.

I makes me more than happy to know that "our" generation can help keep the past alive with our children. I will one day be able to "share" my past with my children. It will be great. ^_^

I saw Jetfire and thought to myself I bet I can find one one Ebay! When I searched Ebay, I saw all this "Macross" stuff and thought man there's no way I'm giving $200.00 for some "knock-off" Jetfire Transformer; WTF is Macross??? :wacko: . Then I started seeing the Robotech stuff and it that's when the light came on. I've seen plenty of mint Jetfires that I could have purchased for what I have given for some of my Macross fighters, but knowing that it all began with Macross, Jetfire is just kind of out of sight and out of mind right now. Once I have satisfied my Macross appetite, I will look for a mint Jetfire then start looking for my next collection...Gatchaman, Battle of the Planets...or what we knew them stateside as...G-FORCE!!! Trannnsss-Mute!!!!!!! :ph34r:

Well mate...GOOD LUCK to you on all your purchases. You seem to be off to a GREAT start.

Ha! Miriya! You speak toddler very well man! I can sooooo relate! My son considers the desk in my office the repair shop. When he's popped an arm or leg off one of his transformers he stages them on my desk for me to fix. He thinks I can fix anything! If only that were true! Watch Miriya, the older he gets the more he will begin to emulate you. That's why I want to get a case soon, so he can start appreciating his Transformers the way I appreciate my Macross stuff. I've been buying duplicates of all his stuff just in case though. At $10-$20 each they're affordable enough to do it. Maybe I'll present them to him on his 16th birthday if his interest is still peaked. Then he can officially start collecting. Otherwise, I'll just hold on to them on GP.

That is awesome! Thanks for sharing. Being a father is such an incredible thing. It is great to bond with them now when they still think we are great. I have to say that I am not looking forward to when my son is a teenager and will be embarrassed to be seen with me in public and tell me that he hates me. This does not happen with everyone but from what I have seen and heard it is very common. So, yeah, it is so precious to spend quality time and bond while they are still young and pure and still love us. . .

Can you post your nausicaa figure? What theme park? Is there a Ghibli theme park? Where is it?

P1020867.jpg

ghbibliworld's write up on the museum. It has some nice pictures. I've wanted to go for sometime.. if my son like Ghibli as much as I do, maybe I'll go with him in a few years.

Edited by eugimon

P1020867.jpg

ghbibliworld's write up on the museum. It has some nice pictures. I've wanted to go for sometime.. if my son like Ghibli as much as I do, maybe I'll go with him in a few years.

What a cute nausicaa figurine! Thanks for posting it. I have never seen one like that.

Also, thanks for the information about the museum. That is great! I will have to go sometime and bring my son too of course. He loves totoro.

Hello all, I've been gone awhile, alot has happened, some good, mostly bad but the good thing is that I'm recovering and will be back collecting as soon as I can. In the meantime (and mind you everything isn't pictured) enjoy these photobucket pix. Oh yeah, can ayone help me out with navigating photobucket? I migrated everything over from yahoo about a year ago and it didn't all go in order. I tried to rearrange it via "remix" but it made a funky slideshow movie, I want everything like it was...organized. In the meantime here's the collection! Enjoy!

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z84/jae...tion/?start=all

Thank you, yeah, I been outta circulation since late '05. If you notice, just about everything that came out in the latter half of 2000 on back I collected in duplicate. It's because (like alot of members here) I have kids...two sons to be exact. At current they seem to be interested in alot of the same stuff I'm interested in but they're still young. I plan on giving them all my yamatos by dividing them evenly between the 2 of them, whomever takes better care of their collection may have everything else...If yamato ever stops putin out valks then I'll probably stop collecting after a couple more joe's, transformers and star wars figs. I have a list, a bunch of valks to pick up over at the ex's family home back in Japan and VERY limited space...

Welcome back Bmaximum.

Wow! That's a huge collection you've got, but it looks like you've got some catching up to do with the Yamato Valks. :blink:

Bmaximum,

VERY nice collection mate! Can I PLEASE have your extra Max & Milia's??? ^_^:D

Hello all, I've been gone awhile, alot has happened, some good, mostly bad but the good thing is that I'm recovering and will be back collecting as soon as I can. In the meantime (and mind you everything isn't pictured) enjoy these photobucket pix. Oh yeah, can ayone help me out with navigating photobucket? I migrated everything over from yahoo about a year ago and it didn't all go in order. I tried to rearrange it via "remix" but it made a funky slideshow movie, I want everything like it was...organized. In the meantime here's the collection! Enjoy!

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z84/jae...tion/?start=all

Sweet stuff!

I especially like your Mospeada toys. Very thorough representation there of the Henshin Robo and Japanese original toys :) And a Lansay Tread in the box! I am jealous!

Your 1/55 and 1/72 HCM Macross stuff is so clean and complete. I love it.

Oh, and I like the Beatras and Insecter Robos toys too. Those are rare to have in a collection.

Sweet stuff!

I especially like your Mospeada toys. Very thorough representation there of the Henshin Robo and Japanese original toys :) And a Lansay Tread in the box! I am jealous!

Your 1/55 and 1/72 HCM Macross stuff is so clean and complete. I love it.

Oh, and I like the Beatras and Insecter Robos toys too. Those are rare to have in a collection.

Thank you!! With the mospeada stuff it is a little incomplete, I require the iota or the theta (i think) and the blowsuperior and bartley robotech versions. The tread was a little hard to come by, bought it from a frenchmen of this site actually while trollin the background for a really sweet price! With the beetras I was hopin to someday find beet vadam but after a bit of research I found out that that and beet papil never came to be. As with the beetras and insecter robos I wanted it to be seen that before the insecticons came into be...they were here, I think a full ten years prior? I think my collecting style makes me a completist, but only in certain products, sizes or styles.

Finally got my case - just a small update on a small collection :)

Man, seeing your 1/55 Strike on display really ticks me off that Yamato's DYRL Super/Strike armor isn't that color because it looks so sweet on that Strike. That's why I prefer the Stealth armor parts. I think the black/gray just suits the 1/48's better.

I think my collecting style makes me a completist, but only in certain products, sizes or styles.

I can see that. You definately go for the larger die-cast and plastic toys over the small toys. I was surprised not to see any 1/100 TT Valks in your collection.

Again, nice stuff!

Edited by Totoro242