Display Your Collections...

Yeah i know, and it's getting out of hand, but what do you do when your a married man with limited room? :p

... BESIDES giving up collecting. I still got 2 YF-21's coming soon...

I am sure you appreciate the flexi stand displaying with each valk in a dynamic pose and giving room below

for the other crap. :lol: As i said when coming home from work, opening up the cabinet and being up close admiring

al the angles of Macross like this is a real kick.

From one married collector to another I can totally relate. That being said, I CAN appreciate what you have done. It's sort of like watching a one-armed guy play basketball (if that makes sense :wacko: ). My collection has been confined to my office which is cool with me. I feel that's the appropriate place for it, plus it keeps curious visitors from touching them.

Anywho, I noticed all the dynamic poses and didn't give much thought to how you achieved them, but knowing that you pulled them off with flexi stands has sold me using them to display my 1/48's when I get my case built.

I'm using an open face design with large panels from the company below. I plan on doing some supsended poses using hooks and fishing line. I don't know if I have seen all the collections here, but I have not seen any suspended poses. With 16" x 16" glass panels that should give me plenty of space to get creative with 2-3 fighters.

Check the link below and scroll down to glass displays and accessories. Reasonable prices in my opinion and I have even seen 9 cubicle designs for sale on Ebay for around $160.00 shipped, but they are made with the 12" glass panels.

http://www.buystorefixtures.com

Ordered chaos! Serenity in mayhem! Transcendent insanity!

:p

Collection looking really good ruskii, love what you've done in a small space, looks awesome.

Thanks man.

From one married collector to another I can totally relate. That being said, I CAN appreciate what you have done. It's sort of like watching a one-armed guy play basketball (if that makes sense :wacko: ). My collection has been confined to my office which is cool with me. I feel that's the appropriate place for it, plus it keeps curious visitors from touching them.

Anywho, I noticed all the dynamic poses and didn't give much thought to how you achieved them, but knowing that you pulled them off with flexi stands has sold me using them to display my 1/48's when I get my case built.

I'm using an open face design with large panels from the company below. I plan on doing some supsended poses using hooks and fishing line. I don't know if I have seen all the collections here, but I have not seen any suspended poses. With 16" x 16" glass panels that should give me plenty of space to get creative with 2-3 fighters.

Check the link below and scroll down to glass displays and accessories. Reasonable prices in my opinion and I have even seen 9 cubicle designs for sale on Ebay for around $160.00 shipped, but they are made with the 12" glass panels.

http://www.buystorefixtures.com

Cool, and those displays look kick ass!

hey ruskii! just out of curiosity.....how many items are in that cabinet?

OH NO Ruskii......DON'T ANSWER!!! It could be like the Jelly Bean in the jar contest.....let us guess and that one who gets it right wins it all :D .

:ph34r:

hey ruskii! just out of curiosity.....how many items are in that cabinet?

hmmm...

OH NO Ruskii......DON'T ANSWER!!! It could be like the Jelly Bean in the jar contest.....let us guess and that one who gets it right wins it all :D .

wait i'll count. lol ATLEAST i'm not a psycho who has a cubboard chock o block full of MISB Yamatos *snort you know i lub yas*

In fact 90% of the stuff i own is in that cabinet. The other 10% is in one tiny shelf of the tv cabinnet, on top of the tv,

and in the was pinky feathered coffee table of doom.

wait i'll count. lol ATLEAST i'm not a psycho who has a cubboard chock o block full of MISB Yamatos *snort you know i lub yas*

In fact 90% of the stuff i own is in that cabinet. The other 10% is in one tiny shelf of the tv cabinnet, on top of the tv,

and in the was pinky feathered coffee table of doom.

That is nuts for so many people to keep their "collectibles" in their boxes and put away somewhere. ONLY if I had the money to do that sort of thing. :lol::lol::lol: Anyways...keep in mind Ruskii....I like the pinky feathered coffee table of doom....It.....it......frightens me...and then again...make me feel soooooooo ALIVE!!!

That is nuts for so many people to keep their "collectibles" in their boxes and put away somewhere. ONLY if I had the money to do that sort of thing. :lol::lol::lol: Anyways...keep in mind Ruskii....I like the pinky feathered coffee table of doom....It.....it......frightens me...and then again...make me feel soooooooo ALIVE!!!

My updated collection after getting rid of my 1/60's. I'll be selling my two RT MPC's as well. If I could afford it I would do like some guys here and purchase multiples of each fighter and keep a set boxed away to stay minty fresh. Mine are stored away until I get my case. Just when I am about to purchase my case, I am faced with making a choice of adding to my collection or buying the case; so far, adding to the collection has priority. :unsure:

post-7126-1206484580_thumb.jpg

Something I threw together last night for kicks. Scale and series exclusivity be damned.

Looks good.....your rendition of Good VS Evil perhaps?

Looks good.....your rendition of Good VS Evil perhaps?

A few hours after I took the picture, the forces of Evil were bolstered by the arrival of Starscream, another Griffon with Aqua Unit, a mercenary Dougram, and a mercenary Soltic. The forces of Good saw only the arrival of Hot Rodimus. The Covenant and Spartan forces were eliminated because they were soft and fleshy.

I'll post a replacement picture when the battery is recharged in my camera.

A few hours after I took the picture, the forces of Evil were bolstered by the arrival of Starscream, another Griffon with Aqua Unit, a mercenary Dougram, and a mercenary Soltic. The forces of Good saw only the arrival of Hot Rodimus. The Covenant and Spartan forces were eliminated because they were soft and fleshy.

I'll post a replacement picture when the battery is recharged in my camera.

:( Poor good guys.....like Hot Rodimus is any help <_< ...He's soooooooo selfish.

THANKS for the link MM!!! I WILL be using this.

Yo, Ryno check the link below! Ordered mine today! I only got the 12" panels, but that's okay. For my collection, the 8 cubes should be enough to start with for now. This set up is only $108.15 and get this; shipping to Arkansas was only $61.72 for UPS freight! I also found a site that sells the bases if you do not want to build your own, but I believe the link below sells them too. Can't go wrong with this set up for the price. Comes to the price of about 3 Detolfs.

EDIT - Found another site that has an even better deal. The second link has 10 cubes for $100.00 and their shipping is $60-$75 depending on your location.

http://www.displaywarehouse.com/productinf...p;deptcode1=573

http://www.triodisplay.com/catalog/cube-st...lay-p-7632.html

Edited by MacrossMan

Yo, Ryno check the link below! Ordered mine today! I only got the 12" panels, but that's okay. For my collection, the 8 cubes should be enough to start with for now. This set up is only $108.15 and get this; shipping to Arkansas was only $61.72 for UPS freight! I also found a site that sells the bases if you do not want to build your own, but I believe the link below sells them too. Can't go wrong with this set up for the price. Comes to the price of about 3 Detolfs.

EDIT - Found another site that has an even better deal. The second link has 10 cubes for $100.00 and their shipping is $60-$75 depending on your location.

http://www.displaywarehouse.com/productinf...p;deptcode1=573

http://www.triodisplay.com/catalog/cube-st...lay-p-7632.html

TOTALLY COOL!!! THANKS mate!

Here is a couple of my Yamato 1/48s with a slight repaint; a small portion of my Macross stuff. They sit one shelf above the "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy".

post-7534-1206773204_thumb.jpg

I will put up more photos later on.

Im lovin that TV VF-1S ron, very nicely done! Now only if yamato would make one.....

Yamato should have made the TV version of Max's VF-1A too, in 1/48 scale. The one where he disguised in a Zentraedi uniform and threw Breetai out of his own ship. He shot down Miria inside the SDF-1 with another VF-1A .That's easy to repaint and would sell well.

Edited by ron5864

TOTALLY COOL!!! THANKS mate!

After all the searching and what not, I ended up canceling my original order because I found a vendor on Ebay with the 14" panels for 16 cubes at a cheaper price. I think I will even bypass building a base for the display since I have found those on some other sites. I also found a site that sells the hinges so that you can create doors for each cube. There's a glass maker in my area that can that can create glass in any dimension so I will provide them with the proper dimensions to create doors. It's just a matter figuring out how I want to congiure this thing. I hope to have pictures posted this weekend if it arrives some time this week. I think this is an awesome and affordable display for us guys that do not have an Ikea store near by. I plan on buying pre-made bases. According to their pre-made measurements they match up to the measurements of the cube displays and my office furniture.

After all the searching and what not, I ended up canceling my original order because I found a vendor on Ebay with the 14" panels for 16 cubes at a cheaper price. I think I will even bypass building a base for the display since I have found those on some other sites. I also found a site that sells the hinges so that you can create doors for each cube. There's a glass maker in my area that can that can create glass in any dimension so I will provide them with the proper dimensions to create doors. It's just a matter figuring out how I want to congiure this thing. I hope to have pictures posted this weekend if it arrives some time this week. I think this is an awesome and affordable display for us guys that do not have an Ikea store near by. I plan on buying pre-made bases. According to their pre-made measurements they match up to the measurements of the cube displays and my office furniture.

Hmmmmm......good idea. I can't wait to see the outcome. I need to get on this. Eh...I will wait for now.

I've haven't been on MW for about a week due to a business trip, which allowed me visit my parents at their home. I found a box tucked away there which contained these goodies:

Hell yeah man.....oldies but goodies eh!?!

My latest acquisition. Hikaru's VF-1A DYRL. Copped this off of Ebay for $80.00 shipped with a few decals applied and a missing gun strap. Decent deal. I'm going to leave this one out until my glass arrives next week for my display. Got word today that it's scheduled to arrive on the 9th or the 10th so it will be next Saturday when I build my display for all my Valkyries.

post-7126-1207361956_thumb.jpg

post-7126-1207361992_thumb.jpg

My latest acquisition. Hikaru's VF-1A DYRL. Copped this off of Ebay for $80.00 shipped with a few decals applied and a missing gun strap. Decent deal. I'm going to leave this one out until my glass arrives next week for my display. Got word today that it's scheduled to arrive on the 9th or the 10th so it will be next Saturday when I build my display for all my Valkyries.

nice. Looks like he gave you the VF-1J hikaru pilot though. :mellow:

nice. Looks like he gave you the VF-1J hikaru pilot though. :mellow:

I did not notice that, but I haven't seen DYRL either. I wanted to rip into this guy and leave bad feedback and all because he said the thing was in excellent condition, but it wasn't. I had to clean the thing up and reattach one of the wing flaps. It was only 80 bucks so I didn't feel too bad. I see why some members refer to Ebay as Evilbay or Fleabay for that matter. I don't think the guys collecting here would be misleading about the condition of an item and even swap pilots. In my feedback I stated I couldn't complain price wise because there was plenty I could have complained about. Now I have one more complaint in reference to the wrong pilot. I think I will email this guy with a list of my complaints. Will make me feel better. :angry:

I did not notice that, but I haven't seen DYRL either. I wanted to rip into this guy and leave bad feedback and all because he said the thing was in excellent condition, but it wasn't. I had to clean the thing up and reattach one of the wing flaps. It was only 80 bucks so I didn't feel too bad. I see why some members refer to Ebay as Evilbay or Fleabay for that matter. I don't think the guys collecting here would be misleading about the condition of an item and even swap pilots. In my feedback I stated I couldn't complain price wise because there was plenty I could have complained about. Now I have one more complaint in reference to the wrong pilot. I think I will email this guy with a list of my complaints. Will make me feel better. :angry:

The wing flaps come of very easily and a little dust shouldn't hurt the value of a toy. Sounds like you got a good deal.