Display Your Collections...

How do you do it?

I put the little round metal things underneath the ball portion of the stand and then screw it together. Can you tell with this pic?

PLSuperRoy5.jpg

I thought that is what the instructions told me but I don't remember now.....how much force does it take to move your holders on the stands? Mine...not too much and that could be my problem.

Edited by misterryno

I put the little round metal things underneath the ball portion of the stand and then screw it together. Can you tell with this pic?

PLSuperRoy5.jpg

I thought that is what the instructions told me but I don't remember now.....how much force does it take to move your holders on the stands? Mine...not too much and that could be my problem.

The way I have it together just seemed natural. I never looked at the instructions. I don't have very much pressure on the screws but the posts are rock solid.

The way I have it together just seemed natural. I never looked at the instructions. I don't have very much pressure on the screws but the posts are rock solid.

Then hence I will try it your way. I am sure it will be better for the weight of my 1/55's. THANKS ALOT ^_^

Hey misterryno, after panel lining your valk, does the surface still feel glossy, or smudged/dry? Looks great, but I worry that if I panel line mine, the ink that gets wiped off will ruin the gloss coat.

Yes the surface still feels glossy. Any of the excess ink I wipe with my finger and keep wiping until it is all gone. With this particular pen, that system works rather well. Even the next day there was a little build up that I had missed and I just wiped it with my finger and the excess only came right off. Maybe I'm just lucky but it seems to work rather well. I was wondering the whole time I was doing it because of the way the surface feels am I going to be able to touch this guy again without it smearing. So I decided to just do the panel lining in sections. First his torso, then his arms, the n one leg and then the other. In between each one setting him down for approx. 10-15 min. to let the ink dry a little. Then after I was all done I held him by the die-cast "swing bars" and used a hair dryer on low to help the drying process. Then I just set him on the shelf and the next day. Vvuaallla....he's all good and ready to pose. :ph34r:

Edited by misterryno

My modest collection - minus my 84 Bandai Strike and Mospeada/Matchbox Cyclone with Scott.

Happy Holidays!!!

Great looking collection mate.......I wish you would display your Strike and Cyclone though :( That would be AWESOME!!!

:ph34r:

Great collection protodevlin, love the stealth, did you do some touch up on the Stealth FAST pack?? they look darker than usual

Cheers VA and Misterryno

Twist my arm why don't ya! LOL

these are the oldest in my collection and bought by me as a kid back in the day!

img0685xw4.jpg

The strike parts are just the regular plain ol' set for the VF-1's - airbrushed it to a semi gloss black with a matte seal. Was worried to tweak it but I love how it turned out.

Thanks guy's

I had an old lamp and barcode scanner stand - I rigged the barcode scanner to hold the stealth and used the cradle from the stand to hold the Queadluun-Rau - the

Queadluun has a flexi lamp stand and part of the barcode cradle attached to it. It was unbelievable how the shape of the barcode cradle matched the exact curve of the back of the Queadluun.

img0687600x800io6.jpg

img0689450x600hn4.jpg

img0694600x450ec9.jpg

img0695600x450zf7.jpg

You know, it only just occured to me, if one was to unleash a quicker all payload fury on some poor shmuck with the Super missile pods, wouldn't it be bad ass if the pilot jettisoned the covers and let rip all of the ordnance at the one time instead of just in preset volleys regulated by the pod ports/vents? Plus it looks great with the covers off.

Also i love the look of the boosters (FPs) only with the missle/strike cannon pods fully jettisoned. Looks kinda rad.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Devlin that lamp idea is brilliant! Makes me wish i had an old lamp or something i could try that on....

edit: for that matter, if u could keep the wiring and rig some sort of lioght system to make it look like the engines firinjg, that would be even cooler!

Edited by Scream Man

My first 1/48e :wub:

I'm glad you went with a stealth for I think it is one of the most BAD A** 1/48's out there. You need to get rid of those chicken hands and put the TV ones it came with on though ;)

Cheers VA and Misterryno

Twist my arm why don't ya! LOL

these are the oldest in my collection and bought by me as a kid back in the day!

The strike parts are just the regular plain ol' set for the VF-1's - airbrushed it to a semi gloss black with a matte seal. Was worried to tweak it but I love how it turned out.

Yes yes.....very cool. But I can't see the strike if it's in the box LOL :lol: You don't have to take him out, but it would be nice LOL :lol::lol::lol:

Finally got around to taking some pics with my new nikon d40x of my detolf light setup. Here's some of my collection.

The VF-1D I purchased completed, since I had no luck finding a kit to custom myself. The Low Vis v1 VF-1S I bought as a set and simply painted some accents on the head. The max and kakizaki(my first 148 custom) VF 1A's I did myself, and the VF-1J CF with matching fastpacks is my favorite of the ones I've done so far. Just really like the look of the colormatched fastpacks. I'm in the middle of making an arctic green VF 1A out of an angelbird and a couple other VF-1S customs. After that I've got an idea about doing colormatched squadrons starting with a red cartoon type VF1A, a green VF1j with colormatched fp's. A stealth VF1A and a LV 1 VF1J, a CF VF1S and if I get really ambitious a yellow squad to match Roy.

*gasp* gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous.

*gasp* gorgeous. Utterly gorgeous.

Thanks, look for more soon. As soon as we are through the holidays I should have some time to wrap up some customs and post some pics of all my new loot. I need to order a new Detolf as I have almost completely run out of room. I already had to move my alternators and masterpiece transformers out.

My modest collection - minus my 84 Bandai Strike and Mospeada/Matchbox Cyclone with Scott.

59626552ka2.jpg

77317411pn3.jpg

21230669pe2.jpg

35150014nq0.jpg

Happy Holidays!!!

Forget the Valks, you've got a nice living room. I can see myself drinking scotch or enjoying a good ballgame in that type of enviroment *lol* my place's a mess. :lol:

Edited by Ratchet

Hi,

Well, after a long time coming, I am in a better position to share my own small collection with everyone. The biggest item in my collection is the Ikea Detolf display cabinet to put these things in! lol.

Here's what I've got so far which is on display. Haven't organised and put things up much yet. Not much Macross stuff I'm afraid due to a previous downsizing of stuff, actually very little Macross stuff now but hey Yamato is now pumping out lots of good stuff to rebuild with.

On this shelf, from left to right we have Basara (listen to my song yet again!), 007 Aston Martin, Hikaru 1/48 VF-1J with Minmei sitting at his side!

post-2676-1198078088_thumb.jpg

The rest are not really Macross but like to share anyway:

Next we have then Encore Starscream (the old) with Masterpiece Starscream (the new). Well MP Screamer was designed by Kawamori-san so that's kinda Macross related.

post-2676-1198078287_thumb.jpg

On the Transformers front we have:

Masterpiece Convoy (original 1st release) with his mini-me self! WST Convoy

post-2676-1198078480_thumb.jpg

Another shot of Convoy along with a Knock-off Devastator, Exo-Force Grand Titan, Lego Jango Fett

post-2676-1198078660_thumb.jpg

More Lego stuff: Star Wars Millennium Falcon

post-2676-1198078723_thumb.jpg

Lastly some misc Lego, various Racers, Promo plane, knights fire catapult, doctor promo plus my 1st moc in a loong time, the truck in the back, more info on my trying to start blog Lego Delivery Truck

post-2676-1198078958_thumb.jpg

That's it for now, thanks for looking, it been a please sharing. All best to everyone in MW, later.

Hey Scream Man.... nice pics of the new set up.... haha... i saw the 1st couple of pics and was like.. "Nice clean desk set up with a few valks. Very clean and simple collection".... then i scrolled down a bit and your collection blew up... haha.... those shelves are packed!!

nice stuff dude....

Just prepared/finished my Christmas Macross display! But haven't time for pics yet and i want to wait till i get to open up my Nora. :p It's hard work trying to get a display to work when the display cabinet is chock'a'block full. :lol:

But i just finished it this morning and i'm satisfied. Yes just like that song with the buxom babes and power tools. :p

My single valk. :-) Sorry for the cross-post (I have thread in building/customising) I'm just showing off. :-p

post-4964-1198194719_thumb.jpg

Well if your'e gonna' have one valk - that looks like a really nice one to have! Does it transform, or is that one meant to be stationary?