Official Transformers Super Thread 3

funny, I like it less when I see it coloured. I guess the MP fighter mode looks so close to a real F-15, I'd like to see it in a real world paint scheme rather than the cartoony red white and blue.

from the looks of it actually, you could repaint parts of him very easily to give him a almost greyed out look in plane mode w/o changing how he looks in bot mode TOO much.

the nose, obviously you can hardly see it in bot mode. paint a few of the outside planes of the intake to be grey but leave the underside red. from the front in bot mobe he'd look more or less the same, but in jet he'd look A LOT greyer.

Just a thought.

Well, at a glance I'd say it's a cheap and gaudy looking knockoff of a humvee, that transforms into a cheap and gaudy looking knockoff of a Transformer.

Gah! The gogles.... they do nothing...

I'm not minidng the colored pics of Starscream at all.... I think that the fighter mode looks pretty cood colored... it's not like all that much of it is colored, most of the plane is still grey, it's just got some trim colors. Lots of planes have designs on their tailfins, so I don't mind that, and it's not uncommon to see colored nosecones for whatever reason... the only thing you have to put up with is the exhausts, whcih I don't really mind...

Well thank you guys for the heads up on how good (or bad) Fire Convoy is.....I'm really looking forward to geting him, if I got ANY luck at all since I've been having a wave of bad luck this week, I'll see him showing up on my door step when I get home from work around 5 or 6....course I haven't heard if the guy actually shipped it or not, he did say Monday....but I haven't heard anything.

Me either that's interesting, wonder what his character is? Could he be one of Spike's friends who might actually be an undercover Sector 7 agent?

At first glance I thought "OH NOZ! Megatron is going to steal the energy from the Hoover Dam!"...........yeah right :p that is more typical R.I.D. style.

Oh yeah speaking of R.I.D., I got my Fire Convoy today....I was lucky enough to get off work on time cause the post office was going to close 10 minutes after I got home, so I rushed over there and just got the guy before he closed for the night.

Very cool toy, I love it alot, probably right now one of my favorite Convoy's next to 20th AV....and whipes the floor out of Galaxy Convoy for detail and looks.

I just need some AAA's to finish him off.

Edited by Hikuro

DUnno what this is but looks like Transformers + Stormtrooper head

407797[/snapback]

some ugly total waiste of money..

407976[/snapback]

I don't think that's real. Notice how there are clones of the audience members one either side of the robot.

yup your right it is definetly a photoshop useing parts from different things including a storm trooper style helmet.

chris

No, that crappy wannabe transformer is real, i remember seeing it years ago, some nut with too much money made it. Can't remember who, wha,t when, etc, but as crappy as it is, it's real. From memory took several minutes to 'transform'.

Whoever made this should die a peasants death!

Then why is the audience a perfect mirror image?

408031[/snapback]

Because there are angled mirrors behind the robot. the mirrors don't run all the way down so the people on the right are torsos chopped on to various legs. you can see the same on the other side too where the guys bag is not blocking.

vinnie

Me either that's interesting, wonder what his character is? Could he be one of Spike's friends who might actually be an undercover Sector 7 agent?

At first glance I thought "OH NOZ! Megatron is going to steal the energy from the Hoover Dam!"...........yeah right :p that is more typical R.I.D. style.

I think I saw that plot in the original series, actually.

I believe it was the first episode. Possibly the second. I remember my friends and I making fun of the animation where Hound performs CPR on Spike

Damn wish I had the series again, dunno WHY I got rid of it, that wasn't very nice of me considering they're expensive.

But yeah it does sound like something that's already appeared......and not too mention there was an episode of RID where Black Convoy and his team were gonna blow up one of the dams..........meh.......it just sounded so.........decipticon like.

Ya know, I've never seen anything past Beast Wars, and only two or three episodes of that.

Can someone explain Evil Prime/Black Convoy/Whatever? He looks pretty nice every incarnation I've seen, but I have NO idea how he fits into the story.

Edited by JB0

Ya know, I've never seen anything past Beast Wars, and only two or three episodes of that.

Can someone explain Evil Prime/Black Convoy/Whatever? He looks pretty nice every incarnation I've seen, but I have NO idea how he fits into the story.

408185[/snapback]

By my understanding, in the Japan they started releasing black, evil looking repaints of Convoy toys. The only one I can think of that has made it to a show was in RiD.

In which case Fire Convoy and gang take a look at a location that 60 years ago was part of a sighting of UFO activaty and thought Gigatron might want what ever was in that area if anything still existed.

There they meet up with the predacon's and discover a ship under the rubble which belongs to some Seibortronians that vanished 60 years ago.

Gigatron steals their stasis pods and turns them into Destron's with military combat vehicle transformations.

One of the human characters that appears alot steals one of the trucks that fuels a shuttle and Gigatron uses that truck as the final Destron. The truck suddenly tips over after hitting a crator and the truck itself is full of rocket fuel. Fire Convoy just in time grabs the truck before it falls sideways but Gigatron's Vehicle Scan covers both the truck and Convoy creating an evil looking Convoy henced Nicknamed Black Convoy aka Scourge in the US.