Voltron/go Lion/dairugger Coming To Dvd In The Us

JELEINEN

I did a search, so I'm pretty certain that this hasn't been scooped...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8642

I've always wanted to see the original series, so I'll definitely be getting those sets.

385832[/snapback]

That's great news; I always wanted to see the original versions of both Voltrons. I heard they're pretty dark and scary. :unsure:

First Tekkaman Blade, and now this...excellent! Now we just need the 3 Yamato series released proper!

I heard they're trying to get Tekkaman Blade going, but so far only Teknoman is comin out first.....and it'll be another year or so before Tekkaman is done.......blah.

First Tekkaman Blade, and now this...excellent! Now we just need the 3 Yamato series released proper!

386118[/snapback]

Hoik! This thread is just full of good news! I can't wait to see unedited Tekkaman Blade!

Now we just need the 3 Yamato series released proper!

386118[/snapback]

You beat me to it! :p We've been watching Yamato fansubbed one episode each month since last summer or so (JELEINEN helps run Anime Sunday here in Omaha each month). This is definitely an anime classic and I would buy it if it ever came out here in the US. You can see where both Gundam and Macross get a lot of their early influences (especially the naval ships in space concept).

I am very excited. I had recorded a bunch of Lion Voltron eps when they were on USA in like 1992. You can imagine the quality of the tapes now.

However being able to once again see Vehicle Voltron is AWESOME, imo the better of the two I can't wait to own them finally on DVD.