Gundam Figure Thread

IPB Image

Big enough gun for ya on the Prototype? :D

Too big. Joints won't hold it up properly. Sigh, Bandai's going for oversized/ undersized palms nowadays, my MSiA Strike Daggers/ Zaku Warriors/ Zaku Slashes can't hold their guns properly.

Promie: You still don't have your HCM 'Zabi? Best to check with your retailer. I've gotten my Revoltech Alphonse already, no reason why your 'Zabi should still be in the pond.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what is the differance between the EMSIA line and the HCM-PRO line of toys? or Maybe I should ask what are they?

Thanks

Ray

EMSIA = Extended Mobile Suit in Action. Mid-range, good quality toys (ABS?) that's good to play with and to pose. Generally good value for money. Generally in 1/144 scale, and has a fair range. When combined with the basic MSIA line (which it is a bit better), the range is quite exhaustive.

HCM-PRO = High Complete Model PRO. Mid to High range, high quality models (styrene). Completed model almost out of box (minor assembly needed), good for poses but not really for playing with. Somewhat good value for money, but primarily for the looks. Generally in 1/200 (or 1/220, I forgot) scale, and there's a limited variety (but its growing).

In essence, EMSIA = toy, HCM-PRO = model. The differences isn't that clean cut, and the quality is quite close, but that's the key difference.

Yes, the MSIAs/EMSIAs are about 1/137 as opposed to the HCMPros 1/200. Here's a little size pic:

IPB Image

And here are some shots between MSIA and EMSIAs. Also feel free to click any links in my sig for the line-ups. ;)

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

:D

Zeonography #3011 MS-18E K�mpfer / YMS-18 K�mpfer (11/2006)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Big enough gun for ya on the Prototype?

:D

Hey, Adam!

I'm not much of a Gundam fan, but I LOVE the Kampfer. So how tall is the Zeonography one, and how much it will cost? (Sorry if this question annoys the experts here, but I'm not reading the whole thread just to find out).

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Hey, Adam!

I'm not much of a Gundam fan, but I LOVE the Kampfer. So how tall is the Zeonography one? (Sorry if this question annoys the experts here, but I'm not reading the whole thread just to find out).

GrandCannon posted a buncha comparison photos few posts up. <_<

Its 1/144 sized.

More cool pro stuff:

Lotsa pics of the Dom set, check out the size of the box!

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/plamodel2006/08/index.html

and more on the CCA line up here,

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/plamodel2006/09/index.html

Including the first pics of Jegan,

http://ga.sbcr.jp/g-toys/plamodel2006/09/images/24.jpg

Edited by Fort Max

Via Gunota

IPB Image Upcoming MSiA, FIX

From Hobbynet:

MSiA Zudah (Unit No. 1, end of January, 1,575 yen)

MSiA TR-1 Hazel (end of February, 2,520 yen)

MSiA Akatsuki (w/ Oowashi unit, end of March, 1,680 yen)

GFF GP-03 (end of March, 7,140 yen)

Gundam Fix Metal Edition G-Armor Ver. Ka (end of February, 12,390 yen) - 1/100 scaled-up Fix with ABS & diecast

--Glad to see the expansion into new series like AoZ and MS IGLOO.

--How big would a Dendrobium Orchis be for that GP03? ;)

--And that Metal G-Armor better be as impressive as the price! :blink:

Edited by GRAND CANNON

the Fix G armor sounds, cool but i am very interested in the GP-03, i wonder though why it is like $70.00 that makes it one of the most expensive Fixes besides the deepstriker and Xi. it is not even that big of a mech and how many acceesseries could it possibly have?.

chris

the Fix G armor sounds, cool but i am very interested in the GP-03, i wonder though why it is like $70.00 that makes it one of the most expensive Fixes besides the deepstriker and Xi. it is not even that big of a mech and how many acceesseries could it possibly have?.

chris

GP-03 is renowned for having one particularly large accessory. :p

agreed it will probably have nothing for a dendrobium, i wonder what kind of configuration it might have? GP-01 FB perhaps?

Hmm looks a bit odd, the 'Zabi.. but still good. What's with that silly high kicking pose they seem to keep putting the 'Zabi in?

It's been awhile since I've seen Char's Counterattack all the way through, but there was a scene in which Char's Sazabi gave some other mobile suit a high kick just like that (may have been the final battle between Amuro and Char).

Edited by Apollo Leader

Random question....

The Real-Type RX-78-2 recently incarnated as the latest FIX (#0032), and previously as a Jumbo Grade...did this guy ever appear in anime, video game or manga? Or something dreamt up in toy form only?

Thanks!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

In the early 80's, the guy who did all the mobile suit designs for the original Gundam series went back and did a series of artworks known as Mobile Suit Variation (MSV). Besides depicting mobile suits that didn't make the final TV cut (if Gundam had gone to 52 episodes, there had been additional mobile suits planned), alternate variants and paint jobs of some of the existing suits. This included "real type" paint jobs.

BTW, still waiting for BBTS to do another 40% sale on the Jumbo Grade figures so I can get Char's Zaku II and the Real Type Gundam! :D