Wouldn't It Be Great If Yamato...

Excillon

How about the SDFriggin'-1 Macross?!?!?!?!?!? 6 years of Yamato, Toynami, Bandai, and others doing Macross/Macross Saga toys and no one has released a fully transformable toy of the name sake of the whole series!!!! Either DYRL or TV series version, though DYRL version would greatly be perferred. :D

Several years ago, Graham and Shawn ran an "unofficial" poll for Yamato to see what us Macross diehards wanted. An SDF-1 toy was like the second place overall choice.

A fully transformable 1/3000th scale DYRL SDF-1 would sell quite well me thinks. :)

stupid noobs. Yamato does not have licenses to make Mospeada or anything outside of macross. Of course megazone is not really licensed so its ok.  how do we know that our gripes really influence Yamato that much?

382237[/snapback]

hehehe, guess you didn't understand my post (but now I'm sure you need a hug).

HG is making business with Yamato, the direct competition of Toynami's valks, about something related to Robotech. Will it amount to just the Garland? Who knows, but it sure is an interesting development. Never say never.

We all know everyone wants a 2 seater and minmei guard VFs. But why make those stupid Low vis 2 and stealth? were we asking for those? no.

382237[/snapback]

Maybe because to make those stupid variations they only need to dip the valk in different colours as opposed to doing a complex pattern like the Minmei guard or reworking the VF-1 design? People weren’t asking for them, but they sure are buying them.

A. Dropped there prices by about 25%

B. Made the Alpha's, or better yet a cyclone or Beta (Toynami's suck)

C. Made the YF-19, YF-21, and YF-11b in 1/48

D. Came up with a Fast pack version of the YF-19

E. Made Destroids

F. Made Battlepods and Invid troopers

Just some ideas, but I doubt they even look at this site.

381890[/snapback]

the most logical "fast pack" for the 19 would be the fold engine that isamu jetisons near the end of Mac+

psssh, when somebody starts multiple threads on the same topic we tell him to go pick it up in a previously established thread. But every week and half we have some bored ass whiny kid who wants to start yet another yamato bitch thread.

I believe they're called "new members". Sure, Macross World is a close knit, semi-cliquish, family of sorts, but it's still a public forum. It's the nature of a public forum that new users bring up old topics that we who've been here years have done to death. But that doesn't stop them from still being interested in talking about it.

If we're going to rip every new member a new one for talking about something we're bored of, if they're automatically some "whiny bored kid" instead of the slightly-less-whiny, bored, 30-year-olds infatuated with a 20 year old anime that comprise the rest of the forum, then we might as well just close off membership.

But a pinned thread would probably be a good idea.

381890[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Graham

382129[/snapback]

Yamato.

You will make a TV Max VF-1A.

And a VF-1D.

And a GPB in canon CF colors.

And a TV Green Q-Rau.

And Destroids. Lots of them.

*waves hand*

Edited by Sundown

There's no proof that Yamato made a deal with HG to sell the Garlands. Robotech.com coulda just bought a whole bunch of those toys from any of the retrailers that they are in contact with. Maybe giving them special prices for Toynami stuff. I don't get how people are able to make concret statements like this:

HG is making business with Yamato, the direct competition of Toynami's valks

Or maybe it's me that missed an article somewhere. If I did, can anyone point it out?

psssh, when somebody starts multiple threads on the same topic we tell him to go pick it up in a previously established thread. But every week and half we have some bored ass whiny kid who wants to start yet another yamato bitch thread.

I believe they're called "new members". Sure, Macross World is a close knit, semi-cliquish, family of sorts, but it's still a public forum.

382292[/snapback]

This forum is way cliquish. Everybody says use the search feature which I do,but then get mad for bumping up an old thread. You cant win either way. Its a wonder why no newbies stay in these forums. Just kind of visit, get bagged on, so they leave and never come back. hmphhhh. :rolleyes:

Sure, Macross World is a close knit, semi-cliquish, family of sorts, but it's still a public forum.

382292[/snapback]

This forum is way cliquish. Everybody says use the search feature which I do,but then get mad for bumping up an old thread. You cant win either way. Its a wonder why no newbies stay in these forums. Just kind of visit, get bagged on, so they leave and never come back. hmphhhh. :rolleyes:

382297[/snapback]

I never said it like it was a good thing. :p But true. For a new member to stick around, they either have to have something-- material or information-- to offer that makes them whole heartedly welcomed, or have to have a pretty thick skin and enjoy hearing themselves talk. :)

It would be to costly for a new big scale YF/VF-19 mold that`s why it won`t happen and another reason why they went with VF-0S similar design to the VF-1.

381963[/snapback]

Nah... what does the similarity of the molds of the vf-0 and vf-1 have to do with anything? They're two different birds regardless of the similar transformation scheme. They have to make new molds for anything new...

You might have a point if you mentioned the engineering involved in making a good looking valk in all three modes of the yf-19. But even still, the yf-19 has been made, and made successfully several times by different makers... They have sources of reference so they shouldn't have too much problems developing one. And hey.... they made the Konig, which I think posed a greater challange to make for yamato than a large scale yf-19 ever will.

The only other major question is if it'll sell... which... if you ask me... or anyone here for that matter, it will...

It's just a matter of time.

psssh, when somebody starts multiple threads on the same topic we tell him to go pick it up in a previously established thread. But every week and half we have some bored ass whiny kid who wants to start yet another yamato bitch thread. Let's pin a thread and leave it up so we can all get our fill of:

why won't yamato release head packs for the VF-1?

where's my YF-19 FP?

Why can't yamato make every valk in 1/48?/pick a scale yamato!

I'm tired of VF-1's, yamato make me something NEW!

Yamato OWES me a new valk design because I'm special!

Why does yamato charge so much?

and every other whine and bitch that comes up. Seriously, no one would put up with thrity different threads on the same topic with anything else? So let's have a pinned Yamato, bitch and whine here! thread and be done with it.

B))

382093[/snapback]

You're asking the whole toy section to be pinned, pretty much. :p

Maybe we should also pin all comments of members who point fingers to others of bitching and whining. :D

Look, the fact of the matter is, people continue to talk about these subjects because it's just what's on a lot of people's minds....

What's wrong with that?

It's not like we have much else to talk about anyway~ B))

There's no proof that Yamato made a deal with HG to sell the Garlands.  Robotech.com coulda just bought a whole bunch of those toys from any of the retrailers that they are in contact with.  Maybe giving them special prices for Toynami stuff.  I don't get how people are able to make concret statements like this:

Or maybe it's me that missed an article somewhere. If I did, can anyone point it out?

382296[/snapback]

Well, robotech.com is controlled by HG, and if they sell Garlands that means that they are making money out of something Yamato made (and they sure got a deal to drop the price 35% more than HLJ). So if RT.com tries some of Yamato’s higher quality stuff and sells and Toynami is just making Robotech merchandise because HG has a contract with them (which I imagine could expire some day), then, as I said, this could benefit us in the future. I just want to be positive about this (and saving 50$ on a Yamato toy is one of the most positive things our wallets have seen in a long time).

I also bring this up to talk about something that I think is related to this thread and also so that this “yamato bitching thread†as some have called it doesn’t turn into a “noob bitching threadâ€. If they want to pin a thread dedicated to “Yamato bitchin†they should post their requests here, following the proper procedures they so lovingly bring up when someone doesn’t use the search function and not “contribute†to a thread they want to see sunk to page 166 (this might be new to some, but the less post something has, the faster it sinks :rolleyes: ).

So, just because I don't agree with everything this little troll has to say, I can't put in my two cents? He didn't bring anything new to the table, he just hashed the came pile of steaming S that people here bring up in every thread.

Sorry Eugimon, but you do a craptastic job of expressing anything more than annoyance. I believe this is the third time I've read a post by you, then I pick on you for it, then you explain yourself and actually expose some method to your madness. Instead of playing that crappy game repeatedly why don't you just make your point up front? Instead of saying "sigh", or "stop talking about the same crap", try bringing some substance before I have a chance to point out that you seem to be just spouting steam?

As someone said earlier, new toys are what's going to be on the minds of toy fans. Yamato makes great toys. Discussion will ensue. Help guide it in new directions or ignore the rehashing.

Edited by jenius

jenius,

So, just because I don't agree with everything this little troll has to say, I can't put in my two cents? He didn't bring anything new to the table, he just hashed the came pile of steaming S that people here bring up in every thread.

so let's look at his "ideas"

1. valks cheaper: good idea, I want everything in life to be 25% cheaper! I deserve it, I'm special.

2.Make toys of a license Yamato doesn't own: Yes, because lawsuits are fun.

3.made new valks: GREAT IDEA!!! THANK GOD YOU THOUGHT OF THIS! I'm sure NO ONE at yamato thought of such a revolutionary idea as making NEW product lines... HOLY CRAP, you should be CEO or something!

4.A fast pack version of the YF19: see response to 3.

5. make destroids: see response to 3.

6. Make enemy mecha: see response to 2 and 3.

there's already been a half dozen threads on the destroids already. There was a thread just last week on "how come yamato stuff costs so much?" Everytime a new toy comes out from yamato there's the obligatory: Where's my YF-19?

This thread adds nothing new, it's not a discussion, it's just a laundry list of the usual sort of useless whining and bitching.

382140[/snapback]

All I can say is just give it a break already. If you have nothing else to say rather than bitching on someone, just don't post at all keep it to yourself. Show some repect for others. They never did anything to you.

yup, nothing new to talk about... more new macross toys coming out in the past five years than in the past twenty. one new toy line, two new repaints, one new valk design all coming out in the next few months. Gosh, if there was only something new to talk about... if only....

as for the thought police: bite me. if you can post your whiney snivelling entitled gimmie gimmie gimmie posts then I'm perfectly within my bounds to comment on how lame you are.

What i would wish yamato to do:

1) Destroids

2) YF-19/Fps and YF-21/Fps in 1/60 scale

3) VF-17

3) Better ltd and unique paint schemes for VF-1 like that of Minmay Paris Moon Act, Egnima, Blue roses

4) SDF-1 (DYRL or TV)

finally, please include the DYRL hands and Side covers for all future releases of valks, saves us the trouble to procure them through external sources. Give us better stickers, best if they are dry transfer or decal

Cheers

Likely no chance in hell that Big West is gonna give up it's rights to HG. So Macross toys in the states thru HG is nil. However, I'd like Yamato to do their version of Mospeada which is not owned by Big West but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. HG is at a point of no return with their Alpha lineup and their long awaited beta is probably vaporware by now. They built so much hype about it that fans are just fed up. "heh, so what."

381996[/snapback]

For Yamato to sell Robotech New Generation/Mospeada toys outside of Japan, Harmony Gold would have to pull the toy license from Toynami first.

For Yamato to sell Mospeada toys inside Japan, Tatsunoko Productions would have to pull the toy license from Toynami first.

Or Toynami would have to give up the license themselves.

All three appear unlikely, and Yamato likely wouldn't settle for anything less than worldwide rights for a show like Mospeada to break even.

I do not think Yamato will ever release a YF-19 or any of the Mac + valks in 1/48 scale as it would just be too damn huge!

Just comparing the VF-1 and the YF-19 and one can already imagine how huge this will be in 1/48 format!

Issuing Destroids would be a good idea, especiall;y form a toymakers point of view, since all the legs are the same, so no additional tooling needed! Now the only question is scale and play-ability...just take a look at the 1/60 Q-Rau's and tell me how much fun they were :(

Ha...too much free time today :lol:

"A. Dropped there prices by about 25%" On the topic of price, we all are actually more or less getting our valks for less than retail. We guys over here in Hong Kong do not pay retail Yen prices for our valks and you volks over in the States also not, after you deduct shipping cost ;)

A. Dropped there prices by about 25%

B. Made the Alpha's, or better yet a cyclone or Beta (Toynami's suck)

C. Made the YF-19, YF-21, and YF-11b in 1/48

D. Came up with a Fast pack version of the YF-19

E. Made Destroids

F. Made Battlepods and Invid troopers

381890[/snapback]

wouldn't it be great if newbies stopped asking these fantasy questions.

382193[/snapback]

Looks like someone else needs a hug…

Remember that about a year ago the 1/48 GBP armour and the VF-0S were fantasy also.

By the way, Yamato's Megazone Garland was worth about 150$ a few weeks ago. Now the same company responsible for keeping Yamato’s valks in Japan (and by this making us pay a lot for them) is selling it for just 99$. That’s a price drop close to 35%. Yamato and HG having a business relation sure is something that could benefit us in the future.

382232[/snapback]

stupid noobs. Yamato does not have licenses to make Mospeada or anything outside of macross. Of course megazone is not really licensed so its ok. how do we know that our gripes really influence Yamato that much?

We all know everyone wants a 2 seater and minmei guard VFs. But why make those stupid Low vis 2 and stealth? were we asking for those? no.

382237[/snapback]

Haha, silly little Nicky!! And we didn't ask for Yamato to make Macross toys. And look at where we are now. :p

Anything is possible. I mean we didn't really know that Bandai was re-releasing the 1/55. Much more to our surprise, Yamato came along out the clear blue and blew our mind away with all the new technology and design. Now that was a break through for the Macross fans like us. So keep it comming Yamato!! :D

I won`t be surprised if Bandai continues the remaining 1/55 or makes a SOC SDF-1 next year !

382468[/snapback]

There's no proof that Yamato made a deal with HG to sell the Garlands.  Robotech.com coulda just bought a whole bunch of those toys from any of the retrailers that they are in contact with.  Maybe giving them special prices for Toynami stuff.  I don't get how people are able to make concret statements like this:

382296[/snapback]

Well, robotech.com is controlled by HG, and if they sell Garlands that means that they are making money out of something Yamato made (and they sure got a deal to drop the price 35% more than HLJ). So if RT.com tries some of Yamato’s higher quality stuff and sells and Toynami is just making Robotech merchandise because HG has a contract with them (which I imagine could expire some day), then, as I said, this could benefit us in the future. I just want to be positive about this (and saving 50$ on a Yamato toy is one of the most positive things our wallets have seen in a long time).

382315[/snapback]

What I'm saying is that for RT.com or HG to sell Garlands, they dont necessarily have to talk to Yamato. They could just approach them as a distributor just like anyone with a resell license. There's no concrete news of any deal that has been made, and saying so is just assumption. RT.com selling Garlands doesn't mean HG is trying Yamato's "higher quality merchandise, it's not like they invested money to have Yamato build the toy... all they did was buy a bunch of cases and is selling them for below MSRP. Which is actually f*'d up if you think about it. This forces the other distributors like TMP to lower their prices passed MSRP. I remember when the Alphas came out and a couple of online stores marked them down to be sold at $50 and Toynami sent them a letter to put it back up to $80 or else they would be unable to recieve products from them. Basically RT.com is diong the same thing. Devaluing Yamato toys while claiming the Garland as part of their property. Because the last time they didn't act on something, it cost them the rights.

Edited by >EXO<

Wouldn't it be great if. . . we could all go back to being 10 years old when just having one valkyrie toy to play with was totaly cool. :)

382455[/snapback]

Hell yeah A time machine. I`d buy up all the kits and original 1/55`s I could find, Sell them 3-4 years ago when prices were silly B.Y ( before Yamato) . Then buy all the rights. Then i could get what ever I wanted..

On a serious note I read an article about someone asking a computer manufacturer to make a custom graphics card for him. Basically he wanted this card with a yellow P.C.B instead of the normal green one. The company said it would do It but he`d have to buy a minimum run to make it worth the bother. This card was the lastest and most expensive one they did and it would work out a few hundred more than the normal retail card but he`d buy a lot of 10.

My long winded point is if you badly want something has anyone considered aproaching Yamato and asking about a similar deal for a Vf1 or such. If there was enough people at M.W who all wanted a particular colour scheme etc It could be in theory possible. It may be more than a run of 10 but If everyone agreed on one design, and stumped up the cash. We may have to aproach the other macross forums or e/retailers to get more interest, if the production run was into the 100`s.

Provided we asked them to do just a custom paint and box job we would not be costing them the Y1000`s in masters design etc because that has already been done. they would after all just be getting more milage out of a known product.

At the end of the day money talks. What could be better than a 1/48 Yammie with a MW inspired colour scheme and box etc.

Dont shoot me down if this idea has been brought up before, just point it out for the sake of the others who will undoubtably ask the same question sooner or later :) .

Tatsanuko already fell apart, they sold most of their properies to Takara I believe, but a small portion of it went to HG. I'm guessing HG got the 3 robotech serieses, Speed Racer and maybe Gachaman. That's just a guess though. It's been a while since I read those articles. But if I remember accurately, there's no way Tatsanuko can reclaim Mospeada.

Perhaps, but Toynami still sourced the Japanese rights seperately so that's two seperate contracts, even if HG holds them (with no solid confirmation of that)

382631[/snapback]

All of this is speculative... just as most people here would speculate that Big West would pull the Macross license from Yamato if they were to deal with HG. And why would Yamato deal with the company that stopped them from issuing their Macross Plus products around the world? I'm pretty sure they lost a pretty penny from that debacle.