24 Monitor Setup

LOL! The guy should just run a projector instead of all those screens, though I suppose he likes the high definition resolution you can get with monitors. 10240 by 3072...yikes! And here I though I was abnormal for running in 1280x1024 :)

Matrix video walls are nothing new, but doing that sort of thing with a computer game well it beats big screen baseball or football/scoccer.

I`ll bet you can get a good res for DTP too.

I have been looking at that this week.  It is a nice feat but not practical.  I do PC gaming but might have to try Linux gaming in the future.

381049[/snapback]

I'd rather buy 3 big flat television sets and come out cheaper and with less ugly seams. ;)

I work in the industry and you can get frameless lcd pannels bolt them together and you end up with a large almost seemless image ( providing you matrix it) basically this is the sort of thing we use on large stages like for concerts or large expo`s.

Like everything in the industry thought these frameless screens can get pricey.

I have in the past seen someone make a smaller one using 4 screens which were normal retail lcd computer screens. He removed from the cases and put them on a custom made frame and added his own suround edge and stand. probably cost him less than half what a pro kit would cost.

Edited by big F

,Mar 16 2006, 11:51 AM]

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1223

380988[/snapback]

OMGBBQ!! His researching the feasibility of the 360-degree wrap around view cockpit for use in the development of Mobile Suits. :ph34r: Very soon now we will be seeing countries fighting one another with MK. IIs, Rick Diases, Hi Zacks, Marasais, etc., etc.,

Whoops, sorry about that, just had a little to much to drink last night. :o

Anyways according to the article, the guy/gal who did this is a researcher. But if so why is he researching on Quake III? :huh::lol:

OMGBBQ!! His researching the feasibility of the 360-degree wrap around view cockpit for use in the development of Mobile Suits.  :ph34r:  Very soon now we will be seeing countries fighting one another with MK. IIs, Rick Diases, Hi Zacks, Marasais, etc., etc.,

381126[/snapback]

Who cares about Mobile Suits. Variable Fighters are where it's at.

I'd much rather see countries fighting each other with VF-0 & SV-51 :D

Graham

,Mar 16 2006, 11:51 AM]

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=1223

380988[/snapback]

OMGBBQ!! His researching the feasibility of the 360-degree wrap around view cockpit for use in the development of Mobile Suits. :ph34r: Very soon now we will be seeing countries fighting one another with MK. IIs, Rick Diases, Hi Zacks, Marasais, etc., etc.,

Whoops, sorry about that, just had a little to much to drink last night. :o

Anyways according to the article, the guy/gal who did this is a researcher. But if so why is he researching on Quake III? :huh::lol:

381126[/snapback]

I believe the technical term for that is "feasability of multi-monitor interfaces as affecting the immersiveness of first-person entertainment software."

A very primitive form of that was actually implemented in some versions of Doom. It had a LAN feature where you could set 2 computers up to play "ghosts" of the primary. And set them to look to your left and right. So you'd have a monitor in front and to either side of you, and just look to the side to see what was to the side.

After reading the article, I thought he was just displaying a wallpaper cut up across all those monitors.

If that is in real time 3D, then I am impressed.

So who will be the first to run their server racks as a multimon setup with a console emulator running Bandai\'s Macross DYRL? Or hell, even Macross:VO across that would be awesome! :D

OMGBBQ!! His researching the feasibility of the 360-degree wrap around view cockpit for use in the development of Mobile Suits.  :ph34r:  Very soon now we will be seeing countries fighting one another with MK. IIs, Rick Diases, Hi Zacks, Marasais, etc., etc.,

381126[/snapback]

Who cares about Mobile Suits. Variable Fighters are where it's at.

I'd much rather see countries fighting each other with VF-0 & SV-51 :D

Graham

381145[/snapback]

Well that's also a possibility. :D