Japanese Engrish

areaseven

Some of these HAD to have been photoshopped.  They're too funny!

Sorry to but they are very real. Which is the whole point of Engrish.com because some are so bad you gotta wonder why they even botehr trying to put signs up in English. Hell, some music is pure nonsensical Engrish like the opening music to the Hellsing series. If anyone can make sense of these lyrics, please translate.

World Without Logos

Don't be cool vibration

Revlofantasy

Tell me fool talk show day and rain

Every stardom the rating

Don't stop horror show inner darken

Jus suc ra ra oh

Oh no harbor won't you buy valley show

Take me want to talking revolution

No havea won cheese have lay show

(No have a want cha have late show)

Diviphon de have worry star

Shooby dooby doo shooby dooby doo durul

Devil beam to the crashing

Revoluflymachine

Adjust blue G

Jus sekiran

Oh no harbor won't you buy valley show

Take me want to talking revolution

No havea won cheese have lay show

Diviphon de have worry star

Edited by Jemstone

Some of these HAD to have been photoshopped.  They're too funny!

Sorry to but they are very real. Which is the whole point of Engrish.com because some are so bad you gotta wonder why they even botehr trying to put signs up in English. Hell, some music is pure nonsensical Engrish like the opening music to the Hellsing series.

I've only seen a couple of episodes of Hellsing, but it was interesting to see how the Japanese portrayed my home country. I'm pretty sure the Eurostar staff at Waterloo station don't really bow to their passengers... ;)

Edited by F-ZeroOne

On the subject of Engrish, there's a small sandwich shop in the Wan Chai district of Hong Kong that has a sign up advertising a 'Tuna with Cum' sandwich.

I think and hope that they actually mean Tuna with Cucumber, but their method of shortening the word 'Cucumber' is odd to say the least.

Needless to say I will not be trying this particular sandwich just in case the description of the ingredients is accurate :p .

One of these days I'll have to take a photo and submit it to Engrish.com.

Graham

i don´t know if japanese ever tought about solving their l/r dilema. for an instance they could use the ra, re, ri, ro, ru katakanas as they are to make the L sound and use the dakuten to make the R sound, just that simple or is there any rule against dakuten to the R sound katakanas.

for better understanding here´s an example

Only problem I see with that is that the L/R sound is neither or... really it's kinda half way inbetween... and a lot of Japanese people can just not tell the difference when they hear it... I once spent a whole day with two Japanese girls... trying to get them to say right and light differently... it was a wasted day.

Maybe the Japanese girls really want to get a gaijin boyfriend/companion. Some i spoke to mentioned their preference for gaijin especially caucasians over japanese men

Maybe that has someting to do with how big they are or should i say small. :ph34r:

and you all know what im talking about just think gutter brained.

Are japanese galls really that horny? If their shirt says F*** me.. don't blame me to! :o:p

Then again... a lot of the time, they'll use English words more because they "sound cool" than for any other reason. Some of those girls may not be aware just what "F*** me" means...

• 2 weeks later...
dim-sum.jpg

I'll take the acid food, please... :blink: