My Yamato Low-vis Custom

valkyrie312

OK, so I didn't actually customize the Low Vis, but I did match up some Strike Parts for it! :) Let me know what you think. This was my first attempt at weathering anything and I did it by hand with a charcoal pencil and lots of time. It turned out OK for the 1st try, I think.

LowVisStrike3.jpg

LowVisStrike2.jpg

LowVisStrike1.jpg

Here are some Gerwalk pics (since they were requested). Fighter pics have been added towards the bottom of the page. :)

Gerwalk Mode:

LowVisGerwalk2.jpg

LowVisGerwalk3.jpg

LowVisGerwalk1.jpg

Thanks for the feedback and compliments! :D

Edited by valkyrie312

makes a great match!

if you try a light dry brushing with black paint around the edges such as the holes where the engine nacelles stick through that would look good I reckon. Just do a Google on 'dry brushing' for tips on how to do it well.

Lookin' good!

I have to agree with everyone else, it's a good job. I really like the color of the fast packs. Mind letting us know what you used?

The charcoal pencil weathering looks different and I like it too. I think a nice wash with a dark grey(almost black) would really bring out the panel lines and finish this baby off!

Lookin' good!

I have to agree with everyone else, it's a good job. I really like the color of the fast packs. Mind letting us know what you used?

The charcoal pencil weathering looks different and I like it too. I think a nice wash with a dark grey(almost black) would really bring out the panel lines and finish this baby off!

379074[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment. I used Testors "Navy Agressor Grey" for the FP color. Now I just need to learn how to do a "wash." If anyone can give me instructions, I would very much appreciate it.