JM Custom Hikaru VF-1J TV Version

DatterBoy

If Bandai actually reissued them this way with this detail, I'd be ecstatic. Making these things is extremely rewarding, but maybe that's my creator spirit floating around.

I'm learning alot through each one I do and almost have the custom process for JM's down to a science, but my humanity always screws something up.

As for the "Rick" thing... they can bite me. When I first watched Robotech, I didn't even know what the hell his Japanese name was... so they can say whatever they want.

C'mon now, Rick sounds way better than Hikaru anyways...

I think I am giving up on Rohby's recasts. They don't seem to like paint regardless of the prep work. Tried sanding, soap washes, all kinds. The paint just comes off it like it was coated in oil, very difficult to work with. The last 3 including this one were made from Originals.

I should say, however, I believe that rohby used more than 1 kind of resin, so depending on the kind you got, it's affinity for the paint and the kind of paint you use would probably vary.

So good that I don't think any of the usual suspects will even give you crap about the "Rick" thing.  :p

H

377267[/snapback]

Topic title corrected.

I know not who this 'Lick Hunter' of whom you speak. B))

Graham

377592[/snapback]

Things would be different if I were admin...

RICK FOREVER!!!

RICK FOREVER!!!

RICK FOREVER!!!

RICK FOREVER!!!

:ph34r:

Hey Datter just wondering how much would you sell that 1J for?

378001[/snapback]

I can't sell my custom! :lol:

Currently considering costs to make customs for those who want em. PM me if you are interested.

If you held a gun to my head right now, fair or not, I'd ask for about $150. Yes. It is worth as much as (if not more) than a 1/48 to me now based on I had to create the Waterslide decals from scratch, sand and prep the little sucker, paint (Fusion and Tamiya), and apply clearcoat. Original JM's are hard to get these days. This one was made from a Roy 1S body and a recast 1J head. Needs to be a Roy 1S body so if ANY chipping occur, at least it's white underneath.

I wish I had an airbrush and am seriously considering getting one. I think I could eliminate virtually all imperfections I get as a result of hand painting Tamiya if I do.

Need to get those flaw pics for you guys to see how imperfect these things actually are.

OK, so imperfections on this one are far less than my other ones. Detail shots:

Just look around any had painted spots:

- leg fin

- head stripe

- visor

- front intake

- cockpit frame

Damn, just realized I forgot to put red in those front holes on the nose like I normally do...

rick%20detail%20b.jpg

rick%20detail%20c.jpg

Added gallery shots above too for jet fighter mode.

Edited by DatterBoy