Hasegawa 2006 Macross Model Catalog

Graham

Still no VF-11 nor VF-4. Well actually my resin VF-4 is on it's way, so it'd kinda suck to have the plastic kit come out so soon. But the VF-11...

sigh.

I never knew there was a low viz VF-1 by Hasegawa. I should check that out.

Edited by Spatula

I´d like to know why they mention all of the previous, now mostly discontinued kits on page 4. Unfortunately I cannot read japanese.

Does it say "look what you have missed" or "available again" or something like "these are special items that we might produce again in the future"?

Not that I missed many of them (but some), just curious....

Guest Bromgrev
*sigh*

still no Destroids

367489[/snapback]

And needless to say; bad guys...

367497[/snapback]

Hasegawa is still god to me, but I can't argue with that. We must have Macross Zero destroids! And a load of 1/72 original bad guys!! :unsure:

Bear in mind that this catalogue was actually, printed in late 2005. At the time the catalogue went to the printers, the new releases for 2006, probably hadn't even been confirmed yet.

I'm sure that we are going to get more new release from Hasegawa in 2006, not just the VF-0S battroid.

Graham

I´d like to know why they mention all of the previous, now mostly discontinued kits on page 4. Unfortunately I cannot read japanese.

Does it say "look what you have missed" or "available again" or something like "these are special items that we might produce again in the future"?

367567[/snapback]

Sorry man, It said "There is no schedule for re-issue" :ph34r:

367567[/snapback]

Sorry man, It said "There is no schedule for re-issue" :ph34r:

367614[/snapback]

Thanks RTHK, just what I suspected... funny, a catalog that lists UNavailable items :blink: maybe it is supposed to be a reminder to buy the other kits in time..

I'm going to order probably 2 more weapon sets just in case. I have one now, but these things pretty much are on a 1 to 1 ratio. Perhaps I'll grab also 2 more Strike Valkyrie kits. I've pretty much got everything else I need.

So far here's my list:

VF-1A - built

VF-1D - built

VE-1 Elintseeker - almost complete

VT-1 Ostrich - new

VF-1 Super/STrike - new

YF-19 - new

YF-21 - new

VF-0D - new

Weapon Set - new

I'm actually not too fond of the Macross Zero stuff, save for the VF-0D.

OOOOOOOOO Tamiya destroids now THAT would be a thing of beauty.

367710[/snapback]

They should do it. Now let's start a petition to Big West/Tamiya :p

Oh, btw, that's from Steel Battalion in your avatar? I like them, they have such a realistic warmachine feel.

Still, I'm very surprised that a large and affluent company like Bandai wouldn't make a 1/35 Metal Gear Rex/Ray. I mean, talking to Konami shouldn't be much of an issue hey in terms of licensing? They've made 12 inch and 5 inch figures of the MGS cast, so why not the mechs? After all, the series is named after them.

I think 1/35 would be a good scale...perhaps 11 inches in height?. Rex is about the same height, or a bit taller than the Ingram AV-98 from Patlabor. I'm judging purely on how Snake's height compared to that of Rex in the last few stages of MGS1.

Edited by Spatula

I´d be perfectly fine with Hasgawa Destroids. Despite their reputations of being mainly a plane company, they have done Tanks in the past and they are doing robots like the Virtual On models (and the Battroids of course!) right now. They´d be perfectly capable of delivering great Destroid models.

Even if their Valkyries sell well I guess they don´t do Destroids because they were so poorly featured in the series. Only good for a few cool scenes and mostly ending up as cannon fodder. If there had been something like a "Macross in the mud" series with heavy ground units as main players, maybe there´d be a higher regard for the Destroids, but Macross is mainly about flying and jumping around while transforming your mech three times a second.

My first exposure to Macross were the IMAI kits. The line-up that was available here in Cologne featured all the Destroids and only few Valkyrie kits (only Battroids/ GPB´s so I did not even know about their transforming ability), so I thought the VF-1 was just one design among others. When I finally watched Macross I was blown away by the VF action but the handling of the Destroids was a huge letdown for me.

I still want Destroids but I doubt we´ll see anything new - BTW the 1/72 IMAI Defender and Spartan are still worth building IMO.

BTW the 1/72 IMAI Defender and Spartan are still worth building IMO.

368083[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm going to get those old destroids & stuff at some point. But hey can someone tell what kits are these here? I thought they're those old kits, but now I started to suspect that?!? IMO pretty awesome models there. And now when I looked more carefully, there could be some findings?!? Like 1/72 GBP..? I'm not enough expert here. The Macross section is in the middle of the scroll bar... Comments please.

BTW the 1/72 IMAI Defender and Spartan are still worth building IMO.

368083[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm going to get those old destroids & stuff at some point. But hey can someone tell what kits are these here? I thought they're those old kits, but now I started to suspect that?!? IMO pretty awesome models there. And now when I looked more carefully, there could be some findings?!? Like 1/72 GBP..? I'm not enough expert here. The Macross section is in the middle of the scroll bar... Comments please.

368089[/snapback]

You´re right Sdf-1, these are the old kits and they are not even much modified, just built very well.

The IMAI produced kits in 1/72 (Spartan, Defender, Gerwalks (but their nose is kinda too sloped down)) are generally very good in detail, proportions and fit, they just have no polycaps and have to be glued. The same can be said about their 1/100 kits (GBP, Tomahawk, Phalanx, Glaug)

The ARII kits (1/72 GBP, Tomahawk, 1/100 Spartan, Defender), while featuring polycaps, are generally inferior in proportions, detail (sometimes very soft, sometimes over-exaggerated) and fit, but some of them can still be made into decent-looking replicas (see the Tomahawk on the site). Unfortunately, their 1/72 GBP is one of the worst kits they ever made....

Look at what Grayson72 did with a Hasegawa Battrois and an ARII GBP:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...topic=14522&hl=

368103[/snapback]

Oh man, I can't believe you found that thread, I got to link that, thanks!

Oh wait that's just the finished pics, here's the link to the build up, http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...rmored+battroid

Edited by Grayson72